Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw a car for sale thread - part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Of course there are used hearses on Done Deal. loads of small time undertakers around the country buy used ones if they are upgrading.

A fella in Swinford ran a lovely Granada hearse for the longest of times.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

Kill it with fire!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Holy ****.

Words actually fail me.

I've found the words.

I'd rather set my d1ck on fire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭bear1

The distance between the front tyres and the wheel arches..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭selectamatic

Tbf fair at least it'll have more torque than the rotary :P

In all honesty though I'd rather see that sort of conversion if the other alternative is scrap it.

A k24 is the ideal conversion imo. Maybe a 130 pd tdi from a passat either ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

I'd actually love that Mazda. I've no particular love for the RX series of cars, or the rotary engine or that 1.0 diesel unit but I'd be grinning from ear to ear every day driving it pissing the purists and connoisseurs off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What’s that engine, 50bhp?

I think the best part of it is the fact that the owner hasn’t done it ironically, and doesn’t seem to to see the funny side of it. Seller also has a manual-converted L322 Range Rover for sale

• Advertisement

I think the best part of it is the fact that the owner hasn’t done it ironically, and doesn’t seem to to see the funny side of it. Seller also has a manual-converted L322 Range Rover for sale

I think rotarys are dogsh1t. Was badly burned by TWO rx8's, never again, you can be sure the engine in that rx8 was ****led, heh, but jaysus, it's surely an easier sr20 or SAAB turbo swap. Diesel, i bet he rides his sister too.

I rent a garage with a Lithuanian guy and he's just buying up rx8's, there's 4 of them in the shed now, bought for 2/300 each, he's spoiled for choice of engine swaps, two are near complete with SAAB turbo's, THAT'S how you save them, sticking a 1.0 diesel in them is worse than parting them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

He kept the RX8's gearbox so I'd say he was limited to what he was able to bolt up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Am I the only one who reads that as a complete and utter pisstake?

He kept the RX8's gearbox so I'd say he was limited to what he was able to bolt up to it.

Limited me hole, there's tonnes of UZ toyota/lexus engines out there that will pop right in, even an N/A SR20. I'd say the diesel was thrown in the corner of a shed for years, that'll do.

I'm sorry, I shouldn't be annoyed!

But I am!

Is the engine bay in the RX8 able to take a decent sized engine?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is the engine bay in the RX8 able to take a decent sized engine?

Yep!

1UZFE will fit in comfortably without relocating much.

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/suxuki-alto-/22874671

MDBjYzYzYWJmNDViNmRiZGFlMGNmNTk4M2YxNjUyOTeOL_jaZmJXBIHknWF93soYaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzE3NjY2NTl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I used to own this car a few years ago, bought it off the original owner for €80 with 11k miles on the clock, and it was utterly mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭vandriver

https://www.donedeal.ie/vintagecars-for-sale/suxuki-alto-/22874671

MDBjYzYzYWJmNDViNmRiZGFlMGNmNTk4M2YxNjUyOTeOL_jaZmJXBIHknWF93soYaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzE3NjY2NTl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

I used to own this car a few years ago, bought it off the original owner for €80 with 11k miles on the clock, and it was utterly mint.
    Stole it

vandriver wrote: »
    Stole it

As did the fella who bought it off me!

• Advertisement

Not often you see “TB 12k” tippexxed on an engine!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Streetlamp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Streetlamp wrote: »

Lovely cars, think this one past me during the week.

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-ek9-type-r/22892390

YTAwNzcwMzI3YWQ1NDdlYThhYjRmNTdkNWVhODk1MjmL5gCRpKB5zFrZWyX-2D_baHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzE5MDY0ODR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

25 previous owners, and surely not for tax dodging purposes? Looks clean nonetheless

• Registered Users Posts: 9,701 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/honda-civic-ek9-type-r/22892390

YTAwNzcwMzI3YWQ1NDdlYThhYjRmNTdkNWVhODk1MjmL5gCRpKB5zFrZWyX-2D_baHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzE5MDY0ODR8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

25 previous owners, and surely not for tax dodging purposes? Looks clean nonetheless

Friend of mine, it's for tax purposes and the aul third party extension too :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Dia_Anseo

Last change of ownership 22nd August 2019, that was hardly a tax dodge seeing as they're selling it now

Dia_Anseo wrote: »
    Last change of ownership 22nd August 2019, that was hardly a tax dodge seeing as they're selling it now

He only got it then as he's a part time trader, I know the last 5 or 6 actual owners on it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

That's my favourite shape Civic I think they are class but are they making that kinda money? I see the newer model going for a good bit less, I had the previous shape VTI but that seems like 800 year's ago.

Truckermal wrote: »
    That's my favourite shape Civic I think they are class but are they making that kinda money? I see the newer model going for a good bit less, I had the previous shape VTI but that seems like 800 year's ago.
    Friend of mine, who boought a lot from me (new genuine Honda) sold his for 12k this year.

• Advertisement

Merc G Class Brabus AMG

Yours for only a quarter of a million.

Advertisement