Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antifa [Mod Warning on post #1 - updated 08/08/19]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

The far right attack anyone who is non far right white, disobedient women, black, hispanic, Asian, Muslim, lgbt people to name a few. The far left tend to react against this aggression by the far right.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Boxing.Fan

klaaaz wrote: »
    The far right attack anyone who is non far right white, disobedient women, black, hispanic, Asian, Muslim, lgbt people to name a few. The far left tend to react against this aggression by the far right.

So right wing violence bad, left wing violence good and virtuous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Boxing.Fan wrote: »
    So right wing violence bad, left wing violence good and virtuous.

I think any violence is bad. One side hates non-whites and various religions and gays, the other hates them.
    What we had in Ireland in the eighties were drug dealers and a heroin epidemic. Then we'd vigilantes attacking the drug dealers. Of course some thought they were virtuous but some just liked a fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Eye opening thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

The far right and left are two sides of the same bad penny.

• Advertisement

I think any violence is bad. One side hates non-whites and various religions and gays, the other hates them.

So both a hateful bunch by all accounts. It's a case of I hate you because you hate them. The whole thing is absolute nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,262 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Antifa in recent times attacked a man coming out of the American Jewish History Museum in Philadelphia.

Ngo is not the only Asian reporter that has had it hit from them either, far from it.

They will not be the last.

Jews, Asians are considered off message, as are vast tracts of the working class.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭SexBobomb

Boggles wrote: »
    I did, I answered with a question because it made no sense.

Here it is again.

For for a minute there it almost sounded like you were trying to paint this Andy Ngo as some monster that deserved it, so you agree that this Antifa crowd are just violent thugs beating people on the street ?

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Commentator Max Brooks on Bill Maher tonight about American society:

"The solution is to abolish the two party system, let the knee jerk reactionary liberals and the bat shyt crazy conservatives spin off on their own while the moderates concentrate on building the schools, fixing the roads and taking the. GODDAMN LEAD out of the water"

Extremists of all creeds need to get in the sea.

I wonder would adding preferential voting solve the problem of the two party system

• Registered Users Posts: 39,564 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

SexBobomb wrote: »
    For for a minute there it almost sounded like you were trying to paint this Andy Ngo as some monster that deserved it,
    so you agree that this Antifa crowd are just violent thugs beating people on the street ?

I think we can certainly agree that your comprehension difficulties is nothing to do with me.

• Advertisement

So both a hateful bunch by all accounts. It's a case of I hate you because you hate them. The whole thing is absolute nonsense.

As I say nobody should take the law into their own hands. You were making comparisons on the hypocrisy of Antifa being violent and labeling the other side Nazi and white supremacists, which they are by the way. One might have politics you like or dislike, that's neither here nor there, unless of course we like violence by racists or on racists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭peddlelies

You might think they have a noble cause ( while covering their faces ), but these black bloc groups attack police, institutions, journalists, symbols of capitalism and destroy property. They are communistic anarchists, and seemingly you support them. Don't take my word for it, have a read of what the DHS thinks a few posts back.

As I say nobody should take the law into their own hands. You were making comparisons on the hypocrisy of Antifa being violent and labeling the other side Nazi and white supremacists, which they are by the way. One might have politics you like or dislike, that's neither here nor there, unless of course you like violence by racists or on racists.

I agree with you, 100%. And I've said I condemn all violence against people. It seems there are only a few on this thread willing to condemn.

If this thread were about right wing violence there would be 500 posts by now. It seems the left are too busy on the two GOD threads today.

Remember this next time one of their lot gets a hiding.

peddlelies wrote: »
    The only reasonable point or conclusion is to label groups like antifa as domestic terrorists and do the same to any group that purposely engages in physical violence to achieve political goals. That mayor has a lot to answer for, in 2020 it's only going to get worse. Same applies to neo nazi groups.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/01/antifa-charlottesville-violence-fbi-242235

"Federal authorities have been warning state and local officials since early 2016 that leftist extremists known as “antifa” had become increasingly confrontational and dangerous, so much so that the Department of Homeland Security formally classified their activities as “domestic terrorist violence,” according to interviews and confidential law enforcement documents obtained by POLITICO...

Previously unreported documents disclose that by April 2016, authorities believed that “anarchist extremists” were the primary instigators of violence at public rallies against a range of targets. They were blamed by authorities for attacks on the police, government and political institutions, along with symbols of “the capitalist system,” racism, social injustice and fascism, according to a confidential 2016 joint intelligence assessment by DHS and the FBI."

That's shocking. They should put these clowns away for long sentences. Imagine what prison would do to these fools.

I agree with you, 100%. And I've said I condemn all violence against people.

Really? the most violent video I have seen on this thread was a young fella getting knocked down.

You deemed it "Hilarious".

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110583279&postcount=21

Get up the yard!

Really? the most violent video I have seen on this thread was a young fella getting knocked down.

You deemed it "Hilarious".

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=110583279&postcount=21

Get up the yard!

Self defence. Why do ANTIFA always use weapons do you know ?

Self defence. Why do ANTIFA always use weapons do you know ?

You are a fraud son and you have been rumbled so jog on.

You are a fraud son and you have been rumbled so jog on.

I ain't going anywhere fella. Ill be around for a long time Why do antifa always use weapons?

Ill be around for a long time

I'm sure you will, different guise I imagine.

;)

I'm sure you will, different guise I imagine.

;)

I'll tell you why they use weapons because they are little bitches, and the masks are to stop people from dying with laughter when they see their faces. Under developed jaw lines galore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,382 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

And some people say that boards isn't the home for the alt right.

And some people say that boards isn't the home for the alt right.

What is alt right? Is it the same as far right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

peddlelies wrote: »
    These scum are vicious, it's not just punches being thrown. The day of the incident, they smacked innocent people in the head with crowbars which imo, isn't far off attempted murder.

Fella was attacking people with a baton.

https://twitter.com/josh_emerson/status/1145811348087017486

20Cent wrote: »
    Fella was attacking people with a baton.

https://twitter.com/josh_emerson/status/1145811348087017486

Is it wrong to attack people with batons in your view?

I agree with you, 100%. And I've said I condemn all violence against people. It seems there are only a few on this thread willing to condemn.

If this thread were about right wing violence there would be 500 posts by now. It seems the left are too busy on the two GOD threads today.

Remember this next time one of their lot gets a hiding.

For me I've no time for thugs. I even thought Osama was murdered by the U.S. but some folks justify breaking the law, depends on who's getting the kicking and if they agree or not.
    Why would anyone be arsed defending Antifa violence or defending white supremacists? Maybe that's why 'the left' aren't biting as much as you might like?
    By 'left' do you mean people who don't like racists? And you wonder why they aren't giving out about racists being discriminated against or attacked?

For me I've no time for thugs. I even thought Osama was murdered by the U.S. but some folks justify breaking the law, depends on who's getting the kicking and if they agree or not.
    Why would anyone be arsed defending Antifa violence or defending white supremacists? Maybe that's why 'the left' aren't biting as much as you might like?
    By 'left' do you mean people who don't like racists? And you wonder why they aren't giving out about racists being discriminated against or attacked?

I mean the same left that would be having a **** fit if this violence was being committed by the far right, they'd be on here giving it plenty of wellie.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

What is alt right? Is it the same as far right ?

It's the ALT key on the right side of the spacebar :D

Squeaky voice clown gets a bang of a car. Hilarious.

First time I've ever seen people cheer at someone else being hit by a car

I'll tell you why they use weapons because they are little bitches, and the masks are to stop people from dying with laughter when they see their faces. Under developed jaw lines galore.

Well your mask has certainly slipped. You must be a very proud boy.

• Advertisement

First time I've ever seen people cheer at someone else being hit by a car

I didnt cheer I said it was hilarious and I stand by that. Someone forgot the safe cross code. I'm sure he/she was just fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement