Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Thread Closed  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
11-04-2019, 18:52   #61
tayto lover
Registered User
 
tayto lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 34,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancieBrady View Post
As do I - hard work that is.

Making millions would not be a neccesary qualification to make a good politician for me though.
He might only take half the wage Francine.
tayto lover is offline  
Advertisement
11-04-2019, 18:53   #62
tayto lover
Registered User
 
tayto lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 34,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Barrett View Post
Casey obviously has no respect for the people of Ireland. This is another ego boost. The man should f*** off back to 'merica.
He’d be in some length of a queue Matt if they all go.
tayto lover is offline  
(4) thanks from:
11-04-2019, 18:54   #63
Necro
Registered User
 
Necro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 18,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnyThePoo View Post
The poster claimed he had done nothing, but that clearly isn't case.
Genuinely curious as to what he has done during his time as an MEP. Perhaps you could enlighten me?
Necro is offline  
(2) thanks from:
11-04-2019, 18:58   #64
Strawberry Milkshake
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 7,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayto lover View Post
He might only take half the wage Francine.
Is that half the gross, net or makey uppy wage?
Strawberry Milkshake is offline  
(2) thanks from:
11-04-2019, 18:58   #65
mgn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancieBrady View Post
As do I - hard work that is.

Making millions would not be a neccesary qualification to make a good politician for me though.
Well for me a good politician is one that calls a spade a spade.
mgn is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-04-2019, 19:01   #66
Plumbthedepths
Registered User
 
Plumbthedepths's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 3,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro
Genuinely curious as to what he has done during his time as an MEP. Perhaps you could enlighten me?
You can apply your question to any of the present cohort of Irish Meps . Most just seem to be nodding donkies.
Plumbthedepths is offline  
Thanks from:
11-04-2019, 19:02   #67
pjohnson
Registered User
 
pjohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbthedepths View Post
You can apply your question to any of the present cohort of Irish Meps . Most just seem to be nodding donkies.
Casey was good at nodding.
pjohnson is offline  
11-04-2019, 19:04   #68
Plumbthedepths
Registered User
 
Plumbthedepths's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 3,141
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnson
Casey was good at nodding.
So he'll fit right in then.
Plumbthedepths is offline  
11-04-2019, 19:05   #69
Necro
Registered User
 
Necro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 18,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbthedepths
You can apply your question to any of the present cohort of Irish Meps . Most just seem to be nodding donkies.
I wasnt trying to be smart, these guys are in my electoral area. I dunno if Casey is worth a vote on this tbh, its not a Mickey mouse position like the President.

Still waiting on the canvassers to start coming from 2014, seems my area doesn't exist to any of them!
Necro is offline  
Advertisement
11-04-2019, 19:06   #70
Moghead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 197
Casey is a complete chancer. He'll say anything to get elected, then kick back and do f-all as an MEP. Unless of course there is some money to be made for him or his cronies.
Moghead is offline  
(3) thanks from:
11-04-2019, 19:11   #71
tayto lover
Registered User
 
tayto lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 34,567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moghead View Post
Casey is a complete chancer. He'll say anything to get elected, then kick back and do f-all as an MEP. Unless of course there is some money to be made for him or his cronies.
He’ll fit right in then.
tayto lover is offline  
(3) thanks from:
11-04-2019, 19:13   #72
Moghead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayto lover View Post
He’ll fit right in then.
Exactly. It's money for jam and he knows it. I'd say being an MEP is a great laugh.
Moghead is offline  
(3) thanks from:
11-04-2019, 19:14   #73
eagle eye
Registered User
 
eagle eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 24,433
Casey came up with something me good points that people believe in before the Presidential election.
Thing is the man seems pretty old at 61, we need somebody younger and smoother to take up his mantra and bring it to the next level.
eagle eye is offline  
11-04-2019, 19:15   #74
pjohnson
Registered User
 
pjohnson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moghead View Post
Exactly. It's money for jam and he knows it. I'd say being an MEP is a great laugh.
Dunno if he did enough to get enough support. Sure traveller bashing is fashionable but he needs more skills. A bitta anti-gay and anti-trans, some anti-immigration etc.

He never fully commited to the outraged gang. So many more fashionable beats he missed.
pjohnson is offline  
11-04-2019, 19:16   #75
Danzy
Registered User
 
Danzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 2,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necro View Post
I wasnt trying to be smart, these guys are in my electoral area. I dunno if Casey is worth a vote on this tbh, its not a Mickey mouse position like the President.

Still waiting on the canvassers to start coming from 2014, seems my area doesn't exist to any of them!
It is more of a Mickey Mouse position than most Parliaments.

Meps are there to act on the commission's wishes.

Largely a rubber stamp body.
Danzy is online now  
Thread Closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search