Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey to contest the European elections

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Casey obviously has no respect for the people of Ireland. This is another ego boost. The man should f*** off back to 'merica.

He’d be in some length of a queue Matt if they all go.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

The poster claimed he had done nothing, but that clearly isn't case.

Genuinely curious as to what he has done during his time as an MEP. Perhaps you could enlighten me?

He might only take half the wage Francine.

Is that half the gross, net or makey uppy wage?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

As do I - hard work that is.

Making millions would not be a neccesary qualification to make a good politician for me though.

Well for me a good politician is one that calls a spade a spade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

Necro wrote:
    Genuinely curious as to what he has done during his time as an MEP. Perhaps you could enlighten me?

You can apply your question to any of the present cohort of Irish Meps . Most just seem to be nodding donkies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

You can apply your question to any of the present cohort of Irish Meps . Most just seem to be nodding donkies.

Casey was good at nodding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

pjohnson wrote:
    Casey was good at nodding.

So he'll fit right in then.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I wasnt trying to be smart, these guys are in my electoral area. I dunno if Casey is worth a vote on this tbh, its not a Mickey mouse position like the President.

Still waiting on the canvassers to start coming from 2014, seems my area doesn't exist to any of them!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

Casey is a complete chancer. He'll say anything to get elected, then kick back and do f-all as an MEP. Unless of course there is some money to be made for him or his cronies.

Moghead wrote: »
    Casey is a complete chancer. He'll say anything to get elected, then kick back and do f-all as an MEP. Unless of course there is some money to be made for him or his cronies.

He’ll fit right in then.

• Advertisement

He’ll fit right in then.

Exactly. It's money for jam and he knows it. I'd say being an MEP is a great laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,517 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Casey came up with something me good points that people believe in before the Presidential election.
    Thing is the man seems pretty old at 61, we need somebody younger and smoother to take up his mantra and bring it to the next level.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,180 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Moghead wrote: »
    Exactly. It's money for jam and he knows it. I'd say being an MEP is a great laugh.

Dunno if he did enough to get enough support. Sure traveller bashing is fashionable but he needs more skills. A bitta anti-gay and anti-trans, some anti-immigration etc.

He never fully commited to the outraged gang. So many more fashionable beats he missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,265 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Necro wrote: »
    I wasnt trying to be smart, these guys are in my electoral area. I dunno if Casey is worth a vote on this tbh, its not a Mickey mouse position like the President.

Still waiting on the canvassers to start coming from 2014, seems my area doesn't exist to any of them!

It is more of a Mickey Mouse position than most Parliaments.

Meps are there to act on the commission's wishes.

Largely a rubber stamp body.

eagle eye wrote: »
    Casey came up with something me good points that people believe in before the Presidential election.
    Thing is the man seems pretty old at 61, we need somebody younger and smoother to take up his mantra and bring it to the next level.

For someone like him to get elected they would need to be smoother alright. Casey is not a good public speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,503 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

kneemos wrote: »
    Goes to show what feck all interest people have in European elections if Ming got elected.

Wouldn't have a clue who the other MEP's are,Mairead MacGuinness maybe?

There's loads of people in the North who vote for politicians who don't even want to be politicians. If Peter said he would not take up his seat if elected, that might be a big vote catcher.

pjohnson wrote: »
    Dunno if he did enough to get enough support. Sure traveller bashing is fashionable but he needs more skills. A bitta anti-gay and anti-trans, some anti-immigration etc.

He never fully commited to the outraged gang. So many more fashionable beats he missed.

Yeah I think the traveller bashing was a bit of a hail mary move from him during the Presidential election.

I think he would say anything to get elected.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

With the increase in right wing populists in the EU, he ll probably be voted in with his nonsense

pjohnson wrote: »

Yep. He needs to take a leaf out of the Shinners book and start trying to fix everything without any facts and figures to back it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

There's loads of people in the North who vote for politicians who don't even want to be politicians. If Peter said he would not take up his seat if elected, that might be a big vote catcher.

You do know the constituency stretches right across the country? Can't see that being a popular stance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I agree with some things he says, but he's a supporter of Ireland leaving the EU. It's nice to see someone telling the truth about travellers, but there's much bigger issues with this guy

Still, surely they have to do something to justify their wage as an MEP.

They cant just be heading over for the craic or anything.

Still, surely they have to do something to justify their wage as an MEP.

They cant just be heading over for the craic or anything.

Just turn up for a few meetings and junkets and happy days. At age 61 he'll only have one term there and he can retire with a sweet pension on top of his wealth.

Cienciano wrote: »
    I agree with some things he says, but he's a supporter of Ireland leaving the EU. It's nice to see someone telling the truth about travellers, but there's much bigger issues with this guy

If Ireland left the EU he wouldn't be long returning to the USA or Australia.

Cienciano wrote: »

Is he? Have you a source for this, it would put me off voting for him if true tbh.

Is he? Have you a source for this, it would put me off voting for him if true tbh.

He wants to stay in the union

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/dragon-casey-to-run-for-mep-on-rural-versus-urban-crusade-38004004.html

Ah, so leave the single currency but stay in the EU.

Doesn't seem to have thought that through very well.

Apparently so but he thinks all countries should have their own currencies again.

He has a point about the immigration system in its current form though.

If he knocks on your door, Necro, what would you ask him?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Spleerbun

I am sure Peter is planning to say something controversial to get the masses riled up. I'll put a bet on now that it will relate to immigration.

God forbid somebody say something that the "masses" might agree with.

Is the alternative to go against what a majority may think in order to stay "pc"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

I am sure Peter is planning to say something controversial to get the masses riled up. I'll put a bet on now that it will relate to immigration.

England get out of Ireland? :pac:;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement