Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭blade1

rawn wrote: »
    Had gone viral :D has anyone actually seen it shared on social media?

Yes me and loads more as well.
    It was on their (cops in pic) Instagram

I'd like to know the full story behind this picture- there may well be a story that's not totally related to the current case i.e. someone called Tina at the darts match- two people wishing them well etc I dunno.

It obviously went on social media and obviously took on legs but whether or not the two people pictured did anything wrong or deliberate, that's not clear at this point.

it's obviously very insensitive given the current case and basically shouldn't have happened but maybe, just maybe, there's an innocent explanation? Maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Dev84 wrote: »
    The Moderators comments on this thread a disgraceful.

Boards.ie where you can't comment on an ongoing trial in a different jurisdiction (paddy Jackson rape trial) but you can show no regard for a missing person from this country.

great stuff.
    Mod note: You're welcome.

And don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Stuckforcash

kbannon wrote: »
    There is no evidence that they were gardai. They are not in uniform.
    Have you evidence from the pic that they are gardai?

Clutching at straws. You didn't read the article and are now fairly feebly trying to back track.

It's OK to admit you made a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Clutching at straws. You didn't read the article and are now fairly feebly trying to back track.

There is no dispute that they are Gardaí. The Gardaí (not the pictured ones) actually rang him and told him that they were off duty Gardaí.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

I was replying to what i see as faux outrage about two men who were holding up a sign. They were not dressed as gardai and were, to our knowledge, off duty.
    We wouldn't have heard about this if the husband didn't publicise it to the media
    Sure some people giving out here evidentlyndidnt read the article properly.

They are two gardai,the guard on the left was involved in the search for Tina and posted it to his personal instagram account.why are you blaming the husband?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

So tell me, what exactly in the photo would identify them as gardai?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

smurgen wrote: »
    They are two gardai,the guard on the left was involved in the search for Tina and posted it to his personal instagram account.why are you blaming the husband?
    The media reported that they ahd no involvement in the case.
    "Neither of the two serving gardaí are involved in the investigation into the disappearance of Tina from her Cork home last March."
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/richard-satchwell-outraged-after-offduty-garda-allegedly-held-sign-at-darts-match-saying-tina-come-home-36568652.html

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

So tell me, what exactly in the photo would identify them as gardai?

Why do you keep repeating this sentence over and over, as it it's some kind of comprehension issue on our end and we didn't understand you the first time?
    We know they're Gardai because it has been stated they are Gardai. I don't even know what point you're trying to make anymore and I doubt you do either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The media reported that they ahd no involvement in the case.
    "Neither of the two serving gardaí are involved in the investigation into the disappearance of Tina from her Cork home last March."
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/richard-satchwell-outraged-after-offduty-garda-allegedly-held-sign-at-darts-match-saying-tina-come-home-36568652.html

They were believe me.my cousin is a guard in the area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

tara73 wrote: »
    for me, it could be a hoax. it's a picture with two guys holding up a sign with 'Tina come home'. could be anywhere in this world.

does anybody know this guys on the pic and are they really guards from the area? and if yes, still the possibility it's photoshopped, their heads put on. everythings so easily done by everybody these days.

don't know, something is telling me it's a fake, probably done by the newspaper to gain attention and sales.

One is definitely from the area, close to Youghal I think, not sure on the other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Dev84

mynamejeff wrote: »
    you seem to have a very big issue with anyone whose opinion doesn't match yours dev
    not just in this thread either in every thead you post in ,

might be boards isnt the place for you .........

Busy man eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Stuckforcash

anna080 wrote: »
    Why do you keep repeating this sentence over and over, as it it's some kind of comprehension issue on our end and we didn't understand you the first time?
    We know they're Gardai because it has been stated they are Gardai. I don't even know what point you're trying to make anymore and I doubt you do either.
    He's just trying to pretend that he didn't fail to read the facts before posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭the sheriff is HERE

https://m.herald.ie/news/i-felt-sick-husbands-fury-at-come-home-tina-sign-held-by-two-gardai-36571942.html

"Mr Satchwell also said he believes someone helped his wife with her disappearance - and claimed €26,000 is missing from the family home.

However, he is adamant he does not believe his wife of 26 years is dead"

This is the part which really stood out from Richard.

"He has again appealed to her to return home - and insisted he will welcome her with "open arms".He has again appealed to her to return home - and insisted he will welcome her with "open arms"."

WTF Richard the 2 off duty Cork guards who aren't involved in the investigation have done you a massive favour re more exposure than you've gotten.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Busy man eh?

very busy ya but some posters stand out when the nonsense is so strong

btw i think the mods are looking for you dev ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Mod note: You're welcome.

And don't post in this thread again.

Buford T. Justice
    Busy man eh?

Mod note: Dev84, posting on a thread while banned results in some time off from After Hours. See you in 3 days.

Buford T. Justice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

• Registered Users Posts: 12,107 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Don't get your hopes up just yet.
    I'm half waiting for the Gardai to balls this up as well!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- For the sake of Tina's family and friends who may be reading this thread I've soft deleted Blade1's post and everything after. There is no evidence that what S/he posted is in any way true. If proof is provided I will reinstate the posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Conspectus wrote: »
    Mod- For the sake of Tina's family and friends who may be reading this thread I've soft deleted Blade1's post and everything after. There is no evidence that what S/he posted is in any way true. If proof is provided I will reinstate the posts.

Well said

• Advertisement

Mod- thread won't be closed but wild speculation will be removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nostro

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/garda%C3%AD-to-comb-woodland-in-east-cork-in-search-for-tina-satchwell-1.3414763?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Gardaí to comb woodland in east Cork in search for Tina Satchwell
    Search to focus on Coillte land near Castlemartyr following new information

Gardaí investigating the disappearance of a Cork woman missing from her home in Youghal for almost a year are to carry out a search of a wooded area in east Cork on Monday after receiving new information.

Gardaí had planned to begin searching Castlemartyr Wood between Midleton and Youghal for Tina Satchwell (45) on Friday but were forced to abandon their plans when Storm Emma hit the country and covered the 200-acre-plus forest in snow.

The investigation team under Supt Colm Noonan is due to hold a press briefing in Midleton Garda station on Monday. It is understood the search was prompted by the receipt in the past month or so of information which they believe may be relevant to their investigation.

Now gardaí are to begin a search of Castlemartyr Wood, which is owned by Coillte. Preparations for the search have been ongoing for the past month and teams have been advised it may last up to two weeks.

Garda liaison officers informed Mr Satchwell on Sunday morning of the planned search while officers also briefed relatives in Fermoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,508 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Paschal Sheey on news just said more info about the search will be mentioned at Garda Press Conference tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Just on news. The search is going to start tomorrow but the site has been sealed off since last Friday.

Mod-Like I promised, I've undeleted the few posts that I deleted the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭nostro

They must have something solid to go on though.

We thought the same when they did previous searches that yielded nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I'm lost. Could you put English on that gobbledygook, please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

I'm lost. Could you put English on that gobbledygook, please?

think he means that recording is banned over the area tomorrow while the search is on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,152 ✭✭✭limnam

Strange that he waited a year

The source said that he saw a man leaving the woodland close to the village of Castlemartyr in East Cork, at the time of Tina’s disappearance in suspicious circumstances.
    Mystery has surrounded Tina’s disappearance, with her husband Richard believing that she was harmed.
    A search of the woodlands is to begin tomorrow morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement