Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

his wife is missing in fairness, of course he's doing publicity

Some might say public relations.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I noted that although they seemed to have planned to search the woods last week (Friday ?), they only gave notice of such to Richard on Sunday (I think that's what I saw ?). That would have given them a comfortable and limited Sun-day and night to observe him, prior to the search taking place.

I could have read wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

murpho999 wrote: »
    Regardless of what he has said, the gardai cannot ask you to surrender your passport.

They must go through the courts for that.

Do people not realise that there are laws to be followed?

Did they have to get a court order to search his home because he wasn't happy after they did?and didn't seem to know it was happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

That tv3 reporter asking him again and again in all the interviews did he harm her in any way and answers so confidently never would....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

He said he hasn’t slept since he heard they were searching the woods and won’t sleep tonight.

He also said he was NEVER in the woods.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

that's the 19th August 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Dia1988 wrote: »
    that's the 19th August 2017

And was posted on August 19th 2017!

Very interesting how the Garda say they're "looking for evidence" and not Tina herself or the discovery of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Roca

muckbrien wrote:
    Why do we need UK search dogs?

muckbrien wrote:
    Hmm!

There called Cadaver dogs. There specially trained dogs to find dead bodies that can be lying in the ground for months. There not available in Ireland. They were brought over a few years back for a murder case in Waterford few years back. If there are a body there, they will find it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mahony0509

The Gardai have said they are working with Interpol on the case. Could someone suggest a reason why this is the case, I was always of the opinion that Interpol was only used for handling Irish crimes with international links. Bit strange for a woman missing from a town in Cork, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mahony0509 wrote: »
    The Gardai have said they are working with Interpol on the case. Could someone suggest a reason why this is the case, I was always of the opinion that Interpol was only used for handling Irish crimes with international links. Bit strange for a woman missing from a town in Cork, no?

I don't mean this as disrespect to the Gardai but they have to tick all the boxes. Check in with all international agencies. I'd imagine if there was any tenuous link that suggest the U.S. they'd be in contact with the F.B.I and ditto for the Mounties in Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,884 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

muckbrien wrote: »
    What do they do for other planned searches?

Hire them out every time or only occasionally?

You could argue they're ill equipped to deal with missing persons cases if they have to hire out cadaver dogs from the uk

I think there is a difference between sniffer dogs who can trace someone's movements and track them, and cadaver dogs that can identify the remains of someone.

There is a difference. One trail is live, the other is not. It seems to me that a possibly deceased person's resting place requires the cadaver dogs. They are highly trained so what is the problem in hiring them out anyway when required?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 actaphobia

CZ 453 wrote: »
    They'll be covering the search at 9.35 on Claire Byrne.

Is Claire on at 9.35 or 10.35?

I love Claire

blade1 wrote: »
    How many times has Paul Byrne asked him if he had something to do with it?
    Surely once would be enough unless of course he is making a point.

I know, but it should be up to the police and evidence really at the end of the day.

I know that's what I would want, not a journalist stoking it up either. Not very nice no matter what the outcome. It should never be trial by media.

But it happens I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭CZ 453

actaphobia wrote: »
    Is Claire on at 9.35 or 10.35?

I love Claire

9.35 on Sky planner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 actaphobia

CZ 453 wrote: »
    9.35 on Sky planner.
    Thank you!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Dia1988 wrote: »
    I really hope you're not a Detective.

blade 1: Did you kill your wife?
    Joe OReilly: No
    blade 1; Okay so I believe you! Bye.

When did Paul Byrne give up journalism and join the Gardai, at detective level no less.

Plastic Sheeting on RTE news now at the site

When did Paul Byrne give up journalism and join the Gardai, at detective level no less.

First I heard of it, I thought he was still with TV3.
    I only saw him on it today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Has plastic solved the mystery?

It'll cost a 6 figure sum and take 3 weeks. Defence forces there and all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's being discussed on Claire Byrne tonight!

I doubt there is anything Claire Byrne can add to this that we do not know already. Fillers.

I doubt there is anything Claire Byrne can add to this that we do not know already. Fillers.

There is always something held back for Claire. They might even mention car boot sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Roca wrote: »
    There called Cadaver dogs. There specially trained dogs to find dead bodies that can be lying in the ground for months. There not available in Ireland. They were brought over a few years back for a murder case in Waterford few years back. If there are a body there, they will find it.

They are available here. Gardaí have one or two at least and a number of the search and rescue organisations have them too. I think that Civil Defence have one as well.
    However, the Gardaí tend to work with other "state" organisations as a first preference and the English ones may be specifically trained for cadavers which are in the ground or in water for a long period of time.

When was the whole parrot thing brought up by Richard? I missed that.

The wife had a love for dogs, and also had a pet parrot. Just newsy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭Effects

muckbrien wrote: »
    Hmm!

Why do we need UK search dogs?

Are they better at finding buried bodies than our dogs?

I've had Gardaí tell me before that the dogs aren't great.
    That was finding items that were mugged from a woman, in overgrowth area.
    And the other was during drug raids.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,212 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I hope I am not breaking any charter or anything.

But I have not heard a word from her family nor have I seen any of them. Is that tactical or unusual I wonder?

All information such that it is, seems to be coming from the husband.

They did make an appearance on Crime Call last June and I think the were also in the local paper. Well the Tina case was covered and I think they were mentioned.

• Advertisement

They did make an appearance on Crime Call last June and I think the were also in the local paper. Well the Tina case was covered and I think they were mentioned.

Fair enough and thanks.

Strange family dynamics though, or maybe tactical. Who knows.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement