Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,124 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The Gardai putting out her D.O.B. as 31/11/71 doesn't inspire confidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

With a front door directly on the street like that it would have been very easy to shove her quickly into a car, even injured.
    That would explain the lack of sightings/CCTV sightings around Youghal.
    I know I can't rule out that scenario in my head anyway.

I wonder if anyone knew they had the few bobs at home. All it would take is a drunken conversation, some bragging, or some negotiating for buying something in cash...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

With a front door directly on the street like that it would have been very easy to shove her quickly into a car, even injured.
    That would explain the lack of sightings/CCTV sightings around Youghal.
    I know I can't rule out that scenario in my head anyway.

I wonder if anyone knew they had the few bobs at home. All it would take is a drunken conversation, some bragging, or some negotiating for buying something in cash...

Richard specifically mentioned coming back from Carrigtwohill boot sale and parking his car directly unloading his car of the things Tina bought at the car boot sale. I thought it a bit strange to make such a point about an irrelevant event.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Interesting.
    I didn't hear the car thing. I did notice him saying they would sit down and she would unpack everything she had bought and show him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

valoren wrote: »
    She said to someone at a car boot sale that she loved him and would never do anything to hurt him according to him.

Has this been verified? Has anyone acknowledged that this was actually said to them?

I know at a car boot sale you come across all kinds, hundreds of people, but that is a very strange thing to say to someone particularly a stranger and it's certainly something that would strike me as odd if it was said to me.

Surely whoever was told this could recall (as vaguely as it might be) an eccentrically dressed woman telling them she'd never do anything to hurt her husband?

The Car Boot Sale "circuit" is actually very small and they generally all know eachother by degrees. I assume the Gardaave interviewed all stall holders they had worked with in the past to verify these points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭rainbowdrop

road_high wrote: »
    The Car Boot Sale "circuit" is actually very small and they generally all know eachother by degrees. I assume the Gardaave interviewed all stall holders they had worked with in the past to verify these points.

That's very true. My parents go to them, and it would be the same stallholders/customers week after week. My Mam and Dad know loads of people just from meeting them at carboot sales regularly.

Anyone see TV3 news?
    They're some Muppets!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,613 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Yeah I dont know what those two Gardai were thinking displaying the sign saying Tina Come Home.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

blade1 wrote: »
    Anyone see TV3 news?
    They're some Muppets!

Why, what was going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

This is the relevant story
    The husband of a woman missing for 10 months has expressed outrage at reports two off-duty gardaí held up a hand-written sign at a darts match appealing for her to return home.
    Garda authorities are now investigating the incident which involved two male officers and came to light via social media last weekend.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/richard-satchwell-outraged-after-offduty-garda-allegedly-held-sign-at-darts-match-saying-tina-come-home-36568652.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Stupid stunt by the cops. You’d wonder what they know if they are mocking the guy

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,918 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Seemingly this is the picture...
    DVIwPz-WkAAeadM.jpg

Not sure what the fuss is. There is nothing there to suggest that they are members of AGS. It keeps her disappearance in the news. They are encouraging her to return home. Where is the negative vibe coming from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

I see nothing wrong at all with the picture. All the social media police making a song and dance over nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

kbannon wrote: »
    DVIwPz-WkAAeadM.jpg

Not sure what the fuss is. There is nothing there to suggest that they are members of AGS.

How can I put this?

Because there is everything to suggest that 2 members of the audience at a darts match thought it would be a witty and clever thing to do to demonstrate just how witty and clever they are.

They are encouraging her to return home.

Like a sign saying "Maddie come home" would be encouraging Madeline McCann to come home?

Fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Stuckforcash

DVIwPz-WkAAeadM.jpg

Not sure what the fuss is. There is nothing there to suggest that they are members of AGS. It keeps her disappearance in the news. They are encouraging her to return home. Where is the negative vibe coming from?

Didn't AGS get in touch with the husband to warn him that this pic was circulating and apologised for it and said there would be an internal investigation?

It's unprofessional if nothing else. You don't usually see appeals accompanied by big cheesy grins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭neonsofa

Yeah I've lost you because you don't know the context of it.
    I do though.

I don't even...okay....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭dense

You don't usually see appeals accompanied by big cheesy grins.

Some people seem to think they look sincere. ....

Like the smiling guy at the front door offering to clean your gutters.

Jaysis I am not sure why posters are saying the picture with the two Gardai is nothing, it seems to me that they are taking the piss out of the husband. If they are not then they are very naive and shouldnt be detectives nor anywhere near this investigation. If they are taking the piss then it is more than an internal investigation that is needed, Gardai investigating Gardai has never worked out too well for us in the past.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Yeah, I'm kind of on the fence with this one. No-one knows why the AGS did this. I'll reserve judgement until more explanation is given.

Show me what indicates that they are gardai.

AGS themselves have outed the two men in the picture as Gardai.
    It is clever.
    Where would you appeal for a missing person?

There is nothing clever about it. If the Gardai are thinking that the husband played a part in her dissapearance and are playing the long game in the hope he trips himself up then these two morons have just given the game away. If the husband is guilty then you can be dam sure he is going to be very careful now not to trip himself up. This is amateur hour keystone cops stuff. Investigations need to keep their cards close to their chest, not go showing their hand on Facebook/Twitter, etc.
    Are members of AGS not allowed to do things in their own time?

They're posibg for a photo. I've no idea what else is going on there. You're making assumptions about what's going through their heads and why they are smiling.

So you think it is appropiate for two Gardai to be smiling about a missing person who may or may not be alive :confused: How would you feel if your loved one was missing for almost a year and a picture of two Gardai referencing them surfaced with them grinning ear to ear? Would you dismiss it like you are doing here?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

pilly wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm kind of on the fence with this one. No-one knows why the AGS did this. I'll reserve judgement until more explanation is given.

AGS didn't do this. 2 idiot members of AGS took it upon themselves to do this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

AGS didn't do this. 2 idiot members of AGS took it upon themselves to do this.

Fair comment, I was just being lazy in my typing.

AGS Mission Statement
    AGS wrote:
    The Mission of An Garda Síochána is to deliver professional policing and security services with the trust, confidence and support of the people we serve. .

What those two members did does not inspire professionalism, trust or confidence.

Tinas familiy must be raging about this, to have her name used like that when she is missing and two lads who are supposed to be finding her grinning about the matter. The optics are very ugly here and they have done a disservice to the other members of the force who are actually taking this investigation seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Might be some psychological trick by the Gardai.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    So you think it is appropiate for two Gardai to be smiling about a missing person who may or may not be alive :confused: How would you feel if your loved one was missing for almost a year and a picture of two Gardai referencing them surfaced with them grinning ear to ear? Would you dismiss it like you are doing here?
    You see them smiling. You have no idea what conversation is happening there causing them to smile. You just want to assume that they are taking the piss and want to moan about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Maybe the smiles were to appear non intimidating in the event she did see it?

There just two guy's at a darts match, they're off duty too.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Maybe the smiles were to appear non intimidating in the event she did see it?

There just two guy's at a darts match, they're off duty too.

You are relying a lot on maybe there.
    I can you for fact that they are claiming it was not aimed at Tina Satchwell at all.

You see them smiling. You have no idea what conversation is happening there causing them to smile. You just want to assume that they are taking the piss and want to moan about them.

No, all I want is for members of the Gardai to act professional and that is clearly not the case here. These two idiots need to learn the meaning of decorum- doing this knowing that family are heartbroken that she is missing is not decorum and is far from professional, as has been shown by the apology by AGS and the now open investigation into these two members.

I noticed you avoided answering my question so I will ask again- if a loved one of yours was missing for 8 months and two Gardai investigating the case showed up in a picture like this with their name referenced and grinning ear to ear how would you and your family feel about it? Would it be acceptable to you to be treated in this manner by members of the Gardai who are supposed to be investigating the loss of your loved one?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I noticed you avoided answering my question so I will ask again- if a loved one of yours was missing for 8 months and two Gardai investigating the case showed up in a picture like this with their name referenced and grinning ear to ear how would you and your family feel about it? Would it be acceptable to you to be treated in this manner by members of the Gardai who are supposed to be investigating the loss of your loved one?
    Your question is not like the scenario that occured.
    The two gardai were and are not working on the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

You are relying a lot on maybe there.
    I can you for fact that they are claiming it was not aimed at Tina Satchwell at all.

Sure there you go then, it was another Tina, problem solved, never an issue to begin with.

Terrible when people get the wrong end of the stick isn't it.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement