Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-03-2016, 09:19   #46
weemcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadybai View Post
I think that I am the only one who liked T3, TS and TG. Genysis I thought was very good while T3 is the worst but still good enough.

Obviously there no where near the standard of the first two but I feel they were unfairly disliked because of this.
T3 and Genysis were decent in my opinion and probably as good as each other in terms of quality in general.

I can't have Salvation though, it started so well and unravelled into an unfathomable mess by the end.

Ps I'd happily watch another Terminator, must finish the series also as I thought it was pretty decent.
(3) thanks from:
Advertisement
28-03-2016, 18:27   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by weemcd View Post
T3 and Genysis were decent in my opinion and probably as good as each other in terms of quality in general.

I can't have Salvation though, it started so well and unravelled into an unfathomable mess by the end.

Ps I'd happily watch another Terminator, must finish the series also as I thought it was pretty decent.
The series was actually great. Pity it got the chop.
(2) thanks from:
28-03-2016, 21:56   #48
Thargor

The latest one is the worst, its a joke of a film, zero redeeming qualities at all. Ill never forget the way the cinema was groaning at several points in it, it is absolute dogsh1t.
(2) thanks from:
28-03-2016, 21:56   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
The Chinese box office is that reason
How can over 1 billion people be so horribly, horribly wrong?

How hard can it be to not have such collectively awful taste? I mean they're right by Korea and Japan ffs, it's not like they have any excuses!
28-03-2016, 21:58   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thargor View Post
The latest one is the worst, its a joke of a film, zero redeeming qualities at all. Ill never forget the way the cinema was groaning at several points in it, it is absolute dogsh1t.
It was the worst movie of 2015 for me, and the worst movie I have seen in 4-5 years. I didn't see the latest Die Hard which is apparently maybe even worse, but I have to agree - I would actually consider giving it 0/10. Maybe 1 for effort.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
08-03-2018, 23:33   #51
JP Liz V1

Mackenzie Davis is in negotiations to join the cast of the new Terminator” movie.

Tim Miller is directing, with James Cameron and Skydance’s David Ellison producing. Skydance is also financing the pic.

Billy Ray has signed on to polish the script that is based on a story conceived by Cameron, Miller, and Ellison.

Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger are returning to the franchise. Plot details are being kept under wraps, although Cameron has said that the film will be a direct sequel to “Terminator 2: Judgment Day” since he played no part in the recent installments.

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/ma...ot-1202719960/
09-03-2018, 10:15   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Liz V1 View Post
Plot details are being kept under wraps, although Cameron has said that the film will be a direct sequel to “Terminator 2: Judgment Day” since he played no part in the recent installments.
That's the best you could ask for. I really hope that they do the character John Connor justice because they made a mess of it after T2!
09-03-2018, 12:06   #53
pixelburp

It's all well & good trying to distance himself and claim he had no part in the sequels, but Cameron had no qualms about shilling the fifth film and calling it a 'renaissance'.

Just wish they'd let the franchise die, it has had its time; I blame China here - didn't they prop up the box office takings for Terminator: Genisys (still a stupid name), with it otherwise being a big flop in all other major territories?

(2) thanks from:
09-03-2018, 12:24   #54
seamus
Dental Plan!

Send a message via MSN to seamus
Linda Hamilton & Arnold Schwarzenegger returning, but with new faces to "replace" them in a rebooted franchise.

Definitely sounds like they're going to try and pull a Star Trek on it, we'll see 20 minutes of footage with Arnie and Linda before some monumental time-travel gimmick that resets everything and creates just enough changes for us to forget that Linda & Arnie were ever involved.
Advertisement
09-03-2018, 14:31   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Linda Hamilton & Arnold Schwarzenegger returning, but with new faces to "replace" them in a rebooted franchise.

Definitely sounds like they're going to try and pull a Star Trek on it, we'll see 20 minutes of footage with Arnie and Linda before some monumental time-travel gimmick that resets everything and creates just enough changes for us to forget that Linda & Arnie were ever involved.
I wouldn't like to see the whole film revolve around Linda Hamilton and Arnold Schwarzenegger but a sort of cameo appearance I think would be good as long as it was something relevant and not trying to fit them into the storyline for the sake of it.

Also i didn't find the time travel story gimmicky in T1 and T2 at all. It was in Genysis :/ but in T1 and T2, the charachters had depth and it was a great paradox.

I'm hoping that they will tell the story of John and his father Reese Kyle and the war against "the machines", that in T2, they somehow failed to prevent Judgement Day and maybe show how it came about. I can't remember but I think they tried to do that somewhat in the one with Christian Bale but it didn't work.
09-03-2018, 15:06   #56

I didn't think Genisys was quite that bad but honestly an actual new sequel to T2 bypassing everything that's come since would be entirely welcome.

They need one new incredible solid building block from which to move forward with the franchise. Passable entertainment and all as it was, Genisys was definitely not it.
09-03-2018, 15:30   #57
pixelburp

Thing is; why? Whatever about the quality of the final products, surely 5 movies in we've covered about as much as this story can stretch to, it's scarcely a world with a range of possibilities; the Sarah Connor Chronicles (in)famously tried to expand the story out a little, between the factions of Machines and some decent characterisations of the Connors themselves, but that was probably enforced by the nature of serialised television. Where else can the movies go at this point, beyond endlessly resetting the timeline every time the copyright owners need a bump in their bank account?

I can't see a reason for this new film to exist beyond pure, rampant greed over a vaguely cherished, but thinly sketched franchise, one that now arguably has had more bad iterations than good ones.
(4) thanks from:
09-03-2018, 15:38   #58
Stone Deaf 4evr

Unpopular opinion here - i actually liked salvation, barring a few complete nonsensical bits like the giant mech being unheard & usb keys on the bikes, I felt it was pretty true to what was glimpsed at the start of the original movie. It was a pity they spoiled the one thing that would have been a major surprise in the trailer (sam worthingtons character being a terminator). It also ended on a note to suggest that Had John Connor been injured he could have had his consciousness uploaded into that endoskeleton, but we'll never see now as it'll never get a proper sequel.
09-03-2018, 16:09   #59
seamus
Dental Plan!

Send a message via MSN to seamus
I too enjoyed Salvation, but I think they went a bit too action-friendly, over-arming the human resistance. It's pretty insane how quickly your aircraft will become unusable junk when your supply lines are gone. There's no way you'd still be running Navy Seals-esque Operations several years after nuclear oblivion.

Likewise with the Terminators it's almost like they were trying to capture some of the audience from Transformers with the array of robots they had. Why not just H-Ks

Overall it had a lot of potential and was about the closest aligned to T2 of any of the sequels. But it was riddled with ridiculous and ultimately unnecessary plot devices. A field heart transplant? C'mon. Keep it simple, stupid.
09-03-2018, 17:03   #60
T. Hanks^

I'm actually kind of excited about this now...
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion