Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Just made myself a lovely breakfast and i really enjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I was brought breakfast and coffee in bed... on a Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭gifted

Spiced apple cake.....used the right tin this time lol lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

30 bags of coal, and 8 of slack, just delivered. Roll on the cold weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

30 bags of coal, and 8 of slack, just delivered. Roll on the cold weather!

Slack, that's an term I haven't heard in a long time.
    "Bank down the fire"
    "Open the fire"

Brings back
    Memories

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Tammy!

About to make a batch of Chocolate-dipped apples! They dont even taste that nice. I just like the novelty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Finally found the right shape jeans for me...or my shape is finally right...

A few weeks off the nicotine now...I don't count things like that

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

I’m loving the cold, dry and sunny weather - it makes walking so enjoyable. I always find the bright autumn colours so uplifting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I’m loving the cold, dry and sunny weather - it makes walking so enjoyable. I always find the bright autumn colours so uplifting :)

Beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Went to get a new student ID card in college today because my name started to peel off the one I had. I knew replacement cards were €10 and I went in fully prepared to pay that. Told the girl in SAA what happened and she said that the €10 fee only applies if you’ve lost the card, otherwise they can replace it free of charge :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

A friend recommended a podcast episode to me this morning. It’s of Louis Theroux on Adam Buxton singing a falsetto version of “yesssssir I can boogie”. It lasts about ten minutes and I made the mistake of listening to it on a rush hour tube home this evening.

Laughed out loud like a loon for about five solid minutes. Laughing now thinking about it. The most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Cheered me right up!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,041 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Getting mwahs from my niece :3.

bitofabind wrote: »
    A friend recommended a podcast episode to me this morning. It’s of Louis Theroux on Adam Buxton singing a falsetto version of “yesssssir I can boogie”. It lasts about ten minutes and I made the mistake of listening to it on a rush hour tube home this evening.

Laughed out loud like a loon for about five solid minutes. Laughing now thinking about it. The most ridiculous thing I’ve ever heard. Cheered me right up!

:D:D

Now that you mention that I'm TH that Adam Buxtons podcast is back after his little break. One of my faves! Ramble chat, let's have a ramble chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going to see Dr Sleep on Friday in the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,096 ✭✭✭Lirange

Bought new down pillows this week. They’re immense. Been going to bed earlier just for the comfy feels.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

Today I purchased a new mattress topper, dual control electric blanket, good quality cotton sheets and a winter duvet. It was a big investment but they’ll last years and nothing beats a warm cosy bed especially during the winter months.

Edit: Just spotted the post above mine - great minds and all that :o:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,295 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Only a day till Halloween

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Being able to walk in for a chest x ray at my leisure , leave a few mins later and not have to worry about the cost of the (free)xray.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I'm highly giggly today. Can't think of a better for laughing easily. Giggly sounds a bit insane. And I'm even laughing at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Redneck Reject

Bredabe wrote: »
    Being able to walk in for a chest x ray at my leisure , leave a few mins later and not have to worry about the cost of the (free)xray.
    I hope you have nothing but great results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I hope you have nothing but great results.

Thank you, thats so sweet of you.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

TH the oddball, unexpected things which turn out to be brilliant. A book you picked up because you couldn't find anything like you'd usually read, a person you never expected had so much to them, becoming a huge part of your life after you met by chance and might never have had much to do with otherwise. A place that becomes special when you only found it because your original plan went awry. It's all serendipity, one deceptively offhand choice or change of course leading somewhere unexpectedly special.Usually the best things are not what you thought were your type of thing, or person, or place.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Harry Potter and then Hocus Pocus! Exciting evening. I was especially happy when musical rehearsals were cancelled. Happy days!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

60, yes, 60 Trick-Or-Treaters!!! And I got home after 6PM! :)

New Home wrote: »
    60, yes, 60 Trick-Or-Treaters!!! And I got home after 6PM! :)

That is great number, congrats and yes I'm envious, heh.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And I forgot to add...

I'VE STILL LOTS OF LEFTOVERS!!! \o/

New Home wrote: »
    And I forgot to add...

I'VE STILL LOTS OF LEFTOVERS!!! \o/

Now your just showing off,heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Trent! Trent is back!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 401 ✭✭Eleysian

Evening all. Sorry I haven’t been on for a while.
    New Home any mini-twix left full cup of tea? Please and thank you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

getting back to a project I was doing, long term stress killed my enthusiasm/interest in this, but now that's been dealt with, I want to do my project again :)

Advertisement