Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    First draft...

486778.png

A definitive no to Westwood and Pulisic, there. Much better options out there.

Very removed from the norm though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

naughtb4 wrote: »

I won my money league last year, mainly because my team was very different for the most part, outside the big hitters(Sterling, Mane, TAA & Robertson).

Will Pulisic not start with Chelsea?

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Any opinions on this?

stuba wrote: »
    Any opinions on this?

Our bench is lacking, deodonker barely played last year & will Greenwood play at all?

I'm not convinced about Digne, Silva's defensive record is a concern for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

WD_Raceway wrote:
    Am I mad?

I read your team thinking 'ultra budget defense, middling midfield, must have a whopper of a front three...
    ... and then you had anything but!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

callaway92 wrote: »
    Picks mostly based on:

Shots per game
    Shots on target per game
    Goals per shot on target
    Location of shot
    Assist per game (intentional)

Goalkeeper decisions based on saves per game and pass selection (foot or hand)
    What's that now??? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I've seen it here a few times recently but words can't describe how bad an idea going with a single playing keeper at 5.0 is imo. I don't consider any of the 5.0 keepers having much more points potential than some of the 4.5 options. For the price of 5.0 + 4.0, you can have two 4.5 playing keepers with the potential to rotate based on fixtures and not be left without a keeper due to injury/suspension. If going set and forget, stump up the extra 0.5 for Lloris/DDG/Kepa. Fabianski is possibly the best option of the 5.0 keepers and that in itself tells a story.

naughtb4 wrote: »

I won my money league last year, mainly because my team was very different for the most part, outside the big hitters(Sterling, Mane, TAA & Robertson).

I like it's different. I just don't see the Westwood value at 5.5 myself.

Pulisic is still a bit up in the air I think, but even starting he doesn't have massive numbers and he's easy to jump onto if he does fire

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭stuba

Our bench is lacking, deodonker barely played last year & will Greenwood play at all?

I'm not convinced about Digne, Silva's defensive record is a concern for me

Have you a similar team? Or did you mean to say your bench? Thanks for the feedback, I get what you’re saying. I just don’t think the options are great for 5m and under which is what I want for my bench so I can have both sterling and salah.

stuba wrote: »
    Have you a similar team? Or did you mean to say your bench? Thanks for the feedback, I get what you’re saying. I just don’t think the options are great for 5m and under which is what I want for my bench so I can have both sterling and salah.

Sorry typo...your team.

My team is posted a few posts up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What's that now??? :confused:

That’s data I have available to me in work.

Location where they take the shot from.

The second one is how the goalkeeper passes the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭petros1980

Kepa

Dunk--- Robertson--Van Dijk

Salah---Sterling---Moura---Perez

Vardy---Jimenez--Ayew

Bench: Button--Kelly--Johnson---Hayden

First stab at my team. Any advice/opinions welcome!

Not sure about Perez and especially Ayew. Bench is obviously mostly fodder but first eleven more or less nailed on and the some of the bench will get playing a lot of weeks..

A lot of work to be done I reckon :))

Anyone seen much of Kane preseason ?

Is he still as deep at he was late last season ?

I would have to downgrade Silva and Martial to get him and don’t really want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hard to say. He's played up alongside Parrot, Moura, Son and Lamela in various games in pre season but he looks sharp.

He's only played one competitive club games since March and a couple of internationals and hes has had a good summer break. He also looks like he's been seriously hitting the gym.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

What was your OR?

callaway92 wrote: »
    Suggestions welcome as this is just the first team I have come up with. First issue is a lack of Liverpool defender, but the pricing is off-putting for the moment.

Picks mostly based on:

Shots per game
    Shots on target per game
    Goals per shot on target
    Location of shot
    Assist per game (intentional)

Goalkeeper decisions based on saves per game and pass selection (foot or hand)

'Iffy' players currently are Pereira and Barnes.

ISde2s.jpg

RASHFORD

• Registered Users Posts: 14,356 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Chesty08 wrote: »
    RASHFORD

An absolute no for you?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    What was your OR?

Top 180k, not the best I know

• Registered Users Posts: 21,096 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Here we go. Was happy enough with my team but insomnia has resulted in this.

Ryan (Button)
    Robertson, VVD, Dunk (Kelly, Lundstram)
    Salah, Sterling, Moura, Barkley, McGinn
    Kane, Deulofeu (Greenwood)

Would be hoping for Dunk going to Leicester obviously. Managed to get Salah, Sterling and Kane in. A bit light on the bench.

I'll sleep on it... or not.

Feedback welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Have been tinkering A LOT lately but getting close now I think…

Heaton | 4.0

PVA | VVD | Coleman | Robertson | Lundstram

Bilva | Siggy | Salah | Perez/Tielemans | Dendoncker

Wilson | Kane | Greenwood

GK – Lloris was in a fair few drafts, as were the Brighton duo but Heaton’s pending move to Villa is too good to ignore imho

DEF – no surprises here…generally not a fan of defensive double-ups but you can’t get more nailed on than VVD and Robbo and despite pre-season form I expect Liverpool to be tight at the back again. Zinchencko was in plenty of drafts but I don’t trust Pep not to flute about with his back 4.

MID – no Sterling was the big call here….wasn’t happy that teams with him and Salah were just too weak up front so something had to give. Bilva seems to be a Pep favourite so hopefully he can mitigate the Sterling points a bit.

FWD – Wilson gets the nod by default really….the 6.0/6.5 options are too risky for me at the start, the 7.0 options all play for Chelsea it seems and that’s about it. Kane has had a rest and looks in good shape by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

WD_Raceway wrote: »
    Thinking of trying something very different this time.

Patricio / Fabianski
    Robertson, Boly, Coady, Cresswell, Diop
    Salah, Sterling, Grealish, Townsend, Hayden
    Firmino, Rashford. Greenwood

The 3 wolves/ west ham swap according to fixtures. You will not meet any of big 6 by doing this.
    Not all that happy with Hayden but hey LOL

Am I mad?

Ok maybe a bit more reasonable

Ederson, McGovern
    Robertson, Wan Bisska, Zinchenko, Azpilicueta, Kelly
    Salah, Sterling, Grealish, Perez, Almiron
    Haller, Joelinton, Greenwood

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

First stab - although a quick browse of the last few pages show very (VERY) similar teams, most likely as there's some good info here on cheap players

Heaton - Button

Robertson - VVD - Zinc - Dunk - Lund

Sterling - Salah - Milivojevic - Perez - Dendonker >>> while Palace still have Zaha, I'll go with Mili for those pens. Will Perez definitely play? I can't say I've been following Leicester's pre-season at all

Wilson - Vardy - Greenwood >>>>>>>>>>> I want Kane but not really happy with the sacrifices to get there, Vardy will do. . . .possibly

WD_Raceway wrote: »
    Ok maybe a bit more reasonable

Ederson, McGovern
    Robertson, Wan Bisska, Zinchenko, Azpilicueta, Kelly
    Salah, Sterling, Grealish, Perez, Almiron
    Haller, Joelinton, Greenwood

Do you support Newcastle? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Why is Greenwood in teams here. Bench fodder?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Why is Greenwood in teams here. Bench fodder?

Yeah bench fodder with the possibility of minutes but that is likely to diminish with the possible arrival of Dybala.

Whats the GK situation at Burnley?

Pope, Heaton & Hart...3 England International Keepers, whose their first choice

Whats the GK situation at Burnley?

Pope, Heaton & Hart...3 England International Keepers, whose their first choice
    Heaton joined Villa today, Hart being linked with moves away too (Porto today), Pope is number 1

I've moved off Sterling in favour of Kane today.

4.5 GK TBA
    Robertson VVD Zinchenko Digne
    DeBruyne Salah Barkley Siggy
    King Kane

GK - Still debating all the 4.5m GK's - will upgrade if I find spare cash anywhere
    Def - Big prices, feel a premium defence is the way to go, especially with the lack of options under 5.5m
    Mids - Salah/Siggy been in pretty much every draft, DeBruyne loos under-priced if he's got a bit of form and no injuries, Barkley is a bit of a punt, looks to be in good shape in preseason (albeit started a few games on the bench)
    Fwd - Kane has some nice opening fixtures and a summer off. King is my favourite of the 6.5 options

4.5 GK TBA
    King Kane

GK - Still debating all the 4.5m GK's - will upgrade if I find spare cash anywhere
    Def - Big prices, feel a premium defence is the way to go, especially with the lack of options under 5.5m
    Mids - Salah/Siggy been in pretty much every draft, DeBruyne loos under-priced if he's got a bit of form and no injuries, Barkley is a bit of a punt, looks to be in good shape in preseason (albeit started a few games on the bench)
    Fwd - Kane has some nice opening fixtures and a summer off. King is my favourite of the 6.5 options

Currently same 10 as me except I’ve gone 3-5-2 and went with Maddison over VVD as I wanted Leicester coverage with Brodge being attack minded

Also considering Grealish over Barkley as I think Villa will do well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

4.5 GK TBA
    King Kane

I approve of this team
    ;(

Advertisement