Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,511 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    lundstram only played 9 games last season, was he injured

He just didn't play. This pre season is new for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭ItAintMeBabe

Happy enough

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Think an arsenal attacker is essential they will score lots this season and also concede loads

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

catrat12 wrote: »
    Think an arsenal attacker is essential they will score lots this season and also concede loads

Wonder what Pepe will cost and would he be considered a midfield player like sterling?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

catrat12 wrote: »

They're signing an LB and supposed to be in for a CB as well. If they get those two over the line, think they'll be a different animal this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

They're signing an LB and supposed to be in for a CB as well. If they get those two over the line, think they'll be a different animal this season.

If they could give Ozil a kick up the hole that would be a massive boost too

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Wonder what Pepe will cost and would he be considered a midfield player like sterling?

Yeah he’ll be a midfielder. As for cost, I’d guess 9 million.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,086 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Yeah he’ll be a midfielder. As for cost, I’d guess 9 million.

Juicy, 9 mill seems to be the correct price. I might give him a go .

• Registered Users Posts: 36,145 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Pepe at 9 is great and all, and Arsenal will score, but I need proof that the whole team will be better before investing that much in Arsenal.

Sterling, Salah, Mane, KDB and Son are all better options on better teams (obviously once Son and Mane are back) in that price range.

It's why I didn't have Auba once last season. If you cant trust the team, it's very difficult to trust a premium, or just below premium, asset from that team.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

SlickRic wrote: »
    Pepe at 9 is great and all, and Arsenal will score, but I need proof that the whole team will be better before investing that much in Arsenal.

Sterling, Salah, Mane, KDB and Son are all better options on better teams (obviously once Son and Mane are back) in that price range.

It's why I didn't have Auba once last season. If you cant trust the team, it's very difficult to trust a premium, or just below premium, asset from that team.

It does make the case for have a 9.5m KDB, it's a nice starting point that can be easily swapped to one of the others in max two moves.

KDB / Sterling / Kane is my final conundrum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,654 ✭✭✭elefant

I think I've almost pinned it down now for the start. Anything glaring I've overlooked?

Pope - Heaton
    Robertson - Walker - Zinchenko - Cathcart - (Johnson)
    Salah - Sterling - Zaha - Barkley - (Dendoncker)
    Kane - Deeney - (Greenwood)

After much deliberation I've just gone with just the one Liverpool defender for now. It might be crazy after the season they've just had, but looking at their pre-season results I just feel that City offer more certainty for clean sheets in the beginning.

I'd love to have another .5 to upgrade one of the three subs there.
    Walker to Stones could be the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,796 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

SlickRic wrote:
    What did KDB do last season to be bracketed with the others listed with him there?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

eagle eye wrote: »
    What did KDB do last season to be bracketed with the others listed with him there?

Made himself an injury doubt. Was it 3 times he was out last season?

Edit - I've taken that point backwards, haven't I?

theteal wrote:
    Made himself an injury doubt. Was it 3 times he was out last season?
    Edit - I've taken that point backwards, haven't I?
    Well done and his position changed ever so slightly too, he wasn't getting into the box as much.

we're just going on last season alone to judge how good he is in FPL, are we?
    Well done and his position changed ever so slightly too, he wasn't getting into the box as much.

his heat maps haven't changed much at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

elefant wrote: »
    I think I've almost pinned it down now for the start. Anything glaring I've overlooked?

Pope - Heaton
    Robertson - Walker - Zinchenko - Cathcart - (Johnson)
    Salah - Sterling - Zaha - Barkley - (Dendoncker)
    Kane - Deeney - (Greenwood)

Zaha hasn't played a minute of preseason from what I've seen

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭dmrules

One of the first drafts

Pope-Heaton
    Robertson-VVD-Zinchenko-(Kelly, Hanley)
    KdB-Lucas Moura-Pereyra-Kante-(Dendonker)
    Kane-Auba-Firminio

Any thoughts?

SlickRic wrote:
    his heat maps haven't changed much at all.
    Do you have them? Can you post them please?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Draft 3,493

Heaton/Henderson

Robertson/TAA/Laporte/AWB/Kelly

Salah/Sterling/Perez/Grealish/Dedoncker

Haller/Jimenez/Greenwood

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Zaha hasn't played a minute of preseason from what I've seen

Ooft. Thanks for that.

I've had him nailed in my team in my head since he was announced as a midfielder again. Will switch things around if that's the case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Think I've settled on a relatively steady team with a gamble or two thrown in.

Lloris
    Wan Bissaka, Van Dijk, Dunk, Robertson
    Sterling, Barkley, Perez, Salah
    Kane, Wesley

Subs: Button, Dendonc, Greenwood, Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jacinta Bollickhammock

made the bold decision to go all out attack - not buying into wing back theories this year - not convinced Pool will be as good and City options are not great. Others make zero appeal

Spine of the team

Allison
    Laporte
    Sterling
    Salah
    KDB
    Perez
    Kane

Supplemented by fodder
    Button
    Kelly Rico & Johnson
    Trossard & Locadia

Is it Punty? Absolutely - taking a flyer on Brighton getting something from their opening 3 games.

Trossard (Belgian winger Brighton) - Barkley may well come in for him if guaranteed starter
    Locadia - pressure needs to be taken off Murray this year and with new manager this lad might finally kick on. (in good pre season form for Brighton) -
    Kelly and Rico - injuries to others make their inclusion at price points all the more palatable.
    Johnson might just nail down the Hammer spot and can play a part.

just happy to get the others in because they will score high points.

Do you have them? Can you post them please?

http://fplnetwork.com/kevin-de-bruyne-my-ginger-prince

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

WD_Raceway wrote: »
    Draft 3,493

Heaton/Henderson

Robertson/TAA/Laporte/AWB/Kelly

Salah/Sterling/Perez/Grealish/Dedoncker

Haller/Jimenez/Greenwood

Laporte and Jimenez are injured,not sure how seriously though.

Is it Punty? Absolutely - taking a flyer on Brighton getting something from their opening 3 games.

Trossard (Belgian winger Brighton) - Barkley may well come in for him if guaranteed starter
    Locadia - pressure needs to be taken off Murray this year and with new manager this lad might finally kick on. (in good pre season form for Brighton) -
    Kelly and Rico - injuries to others make their inclusion at price points all the more palatable.
    Johnson might just nail down the Hammer spot and can play a part.

just happy to get the others in because they will score high points.

There's punty, and then there's having a keeper and three defenders who are very possibly not going to play.

And you've only named 13 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

No doubt I'll change a few around but I'm happyish for the timebeing with the below

Ederson - 2nd best GK points last season. Set & forget. Good opening fixtures bar Spurs
    Button - Best of the 4.0 fodders

TAA - Himself and Robertson are the best but I can only pick 1, TAA edges it with set pieces.
    VVD - Liverpool should be solid again this season
    Zinchenko - Cheaper way into City's defence, expect to start even for the first couple GW's before WC
    Dunk - May change to other 4.5 but hoping Dunk moves to Leicester
    Lundstram - Potential OOP and bench fodder

Sterling - Essential IMO
    Salah - Essential IMO
    Jorginho - I'm not normally the type to go for DMs but I think Lampard will get the best out of him. Should get a lot more assists & on penalties. Think of a cheaper Milo in a better team.
    Perez - Did well in a weaker Newcastle side last season. Good opening fixtures and a good price at 6.5
    Dendoncker - Cheap fodder

Kane - More pre season goes on, the more I think he's essential. Slow starter bar last season but expect that to change this year.
    King - BOU have good fixtures early doors, on pens and cheaper than Wilson
    Greenwood - Fodder who I expect to get more game time. Owned by 11.6% so if he doesn't do much, he'll drop. May change to Brewster.

Right so 2nd proper draft I'm happy with. Have had a heap still but happy with this.

Henderson - a good keeper in a team 'predicted' to struggle. Should have plenty of saves, gone cheaper over expensive GK
    Button - GK fodder

VVD - Again expecting him and Liverpool to be solid
    Robertson - Preferring him over TAA now, feel more comfortable
    Walker - Not confident on Zinchenko, Walker feels safer
    Dunk - May change to a diff 4.5 if he does not go Leicester. Don;t think BRI will do well this season
    Johnson - The better 4.0 over Lundstrum?

Sterling - Can't see me going without him
    Salah - Same as above
    Barkley - Punty but an upgrade on Jorginho who is not on pens afaik
    Perez - Hopefully has a good season
    Dendoncker - The best 4.5 fodder IMO

Kane - Can't see me going without him
    King - Way into BOU attacking wise
    Greenwood - May change to other 4.5 if Dybala moves.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DaymanNightman

I like it. Very similar to mine except I've Grealish in instead of Perez as to allow rotation between Pope and Heaton in goal. Also I'm pretty sure Grealish is on peno's and has scored and assisted a few times in pre-season.
    I'm also considering downgrading Walker to Zinchenko to allow me replace Dunk with Zouma if he seems nailed on at Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

elefant wrote: »
    There's punty, and then there's having a keeper and three defenders who are very possibly not going to play.

And you've only named 13 players.

yeah, you're right. Reid and Nkeitah are the other two who I know will not play.

I had thought Kelly was a guaranteed starter with CP injuries. Similiarly with Bournemouth, maybe Rico now gets the nod.

but still i like the spine - there's a smack of 60+ points each week off them.

Right so 2nd proper draft I'm happy with. Have had a heap still but happy with this.

Henderson - a good keeper in a team 'predicted' to struggle. Should have plenty of saves, gone cheaper over expensive GK
    Button - GK fodder

VVD - Again expecting him and Liverpool to be solid
    Robertson - Preferring him over TAA now, feel more comfortable
    Walker - Not confident on Zinchenko, Walker feels safer
    Dunk - May change to a diff 4.5 if he does not go Leicester. Don;t think BRI will do well this season
    Johnson - The better 4.0 over Lundstrum?

Sterling - Can't see me going without him
    Salah - Same as above
    Barkley - Punty but an upgrade on Jorginho who is not on pens afaik
    Perez - Hopefully has a good season
    Dendoncker - The best 4.5 fodder IMO

Kane - Can't see me going without him
    King - Way into BOU attacking wise
    Greenwood - May change to other 4.5 if Dybala moves.

Thoughts?

You see yourself playing 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 mostly ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭VW 1

Have done a million drafts but think I'm settled on this, except perhaps Kean for Vardy if he's priced at 9.0

Heaton/Henderson

VVD, Robertson, Ake (Diop, Dunk)
    Bilva, Sterling, Siggy, Perez (Hayden)
    Wilson, Vardy, Jiminez.

Ake is a slight worry, and lack of a real premium forward. But I am happy with the overall balance.

Advertisement