Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

collegeme wrote: »
    Hoodwinked can you tell me where you got the game? I was only looking for it yesterday in argos.

Tesco in Douglas in Cork, :)

just thought it was fierce cheap for a board-game, they are £10 on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭powerstation

Slightly OT, but it's linked to this thread - I picked up one of the clearance LG 32 inch TV's and realized it's too small for the living room, I still have the receipt & packaging. Does anyone know what is Tesco's policy on returning electronic items, will I get a refund?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Your living room is too big!

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

You shouldn't have a problem returning it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Perhaps one of the guys here may be interested in taking it off your hands at cost? Depends on where you are- and whether you'd be able to meetup etc. Not me though- I am stony broke (and I don't need one- even if it is a ridiculously good price).

• Advertisement

I agree, it is a good deal. It has a fantastically sharp screen and can play movies from a USB drive.

There's been a change of plans in the meantime, the wife now wants (me) to mount it on the kitchen wall with satellite cabling (groan), so I think it's staying.

Good to know it can be returned if needed. Thanks all for the replies.

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

the wife now wants (me) to mount it on the kitchen wall with satellite cabling (groan), so I think it's staying.
    Good to know it can be returned if needed.

Assume that's the TV you are talking about and not the wife? ;)

Assume that's the TV you are talking about and not the wife? ;)

Haha, I didn't see it that way when I wrote it :-) Last post on this as we're going OT.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,284 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This weeks's Crazy prices.

http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/ProductBuylist/default.aspx?id=L00001769

They include a large range of Nature Valley oat bars for €1.50.
    Pampers sensitive Baby wipes 280 pack x 5 for €4.45.
    Pineapple for €1.00.
    Daz Powder Regular 22 Wash for €3.35.
    Andrex Toilet Tissue White/Quits/ Aloe Vera 4 Roll €2.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CH3OH

266034.JPG

Came across this on the Tesco website and HAVE NOT verified in store so may not work.
    The range of Quorn products are showing online as 3 for €2

I put 3 in basket and it applied the reduction as in 3 for €2

3 cottage pie €4.79 each
    Total Clubcard points 2
    Total MultiBuy savings €12.37
    Guide price (3 items) €2.00

Doen't appeal to me but might work in store?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

CH3OH wrote: »
    266034.JPG

Came across this on the Tesco website and HAVE NOT verified in store so may not work.
    The range of Quorn products are showing online as 3 for €2

I put 3 in basket and it applied the reduction as in 3 for €2

3 cottage pie €4.79 each
    Total Clubcard points 2
    Total MultiBuy savings €12.37
    Guide price (3 items) €2.00

Doen't appeal to me but might work in store?

Are tesco watching bargain alerts? Put them in my basket around a minute after you posted and about a minute later they were 'permanently unavailable'

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

paddyp wrote: »
    Are tesco watching bargain alerts? Put them in my basket around a minute after you posted and about a minute later they were 'permanently unavailable'

Yes. They do watch. Why are you even questioning it? The only way to stop it- would be to make the forum a private forum- and even then, they'd end up members in no time flat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

They are still on offer in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭RayCon

Fuel Express Small Disposable Lumpwood BBQ's reduced to clear in Maynooth for €1. ... plenty there as of 2pm ...

143%5C5037531000143%5CIDShot_225x225.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,019 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Has anyone seen any other BBQ stuff on sale? Wouldn't mind getting some stuff for next year if its cheap

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

About 5 of the Panasonic TZ18 digital cameras left in Balbriggan last night as of 7pm. Still €99 (down from €129). £250 new on Amazon, so not sure if the price was originally even higher than €129.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭irishproduce

nudger wrote: »
    They are still on offer in store.

The quorn things is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭karlyk1

Has anyone seen any other BBQ stuff on sale? Wouldn't mind getting some stuff for next year if its cheap

Ah come on... Summer 2013 WILL be back, won't it?? :eek:

Got a Panasonic DVD Recorder with 160GB HD in Tesco Clearwater for 99 lids, down from 250. Seems to be circa 300 - 350 with Argos etc. Defo no other ones left in Clearwater that I could see, and it might be store-specific but you never know. It was yellow-stickered, but brown tape on box suggests it was a return so maybe that's why it was so cheap.
    It comes with Freeview too so if it works out with my satellite box I got from Aldi I might be telling sky to stick their service up their you-know-what.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,284 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

karlyk1 wrote: »
    Ah come on... Summer 2013 WILL be back, won't it?? :eek:

I say it will. There selling of all the barbecue/Summer stock to make room for the Christmas stock.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I say it will. There selling of all the barbecue/Summer stock to make room for the C*******s stock.
    :( You are hereby slapped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I say it will. There selling of all the barbecue/Summer stock to make room for the Christmas stock.

Can't we have Halloween first? pulleaasse:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

The quorn things is it?

Yes, they still have the offer on their site.

And now that I checked again it's not on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭avfc1874

Guinness Black Lager 12 bottles for €5 in Tesco Bloomfield, use by 13/08
    its on sale in edenderry for E2 for 12 bottles. i brought 4 boxes ( i mean 8 boxes:D) there was loads left last night

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

CH3OH wrote: »
    Quite a few copies of Norton 2011 3 user licence in a metal bin
    at door in Arklow
    Reduced to € 4.99.
    Pretty sure this will upgrade to current version or can be used to extend the licence
    p.s. no need to discuss the benefits or otherwise of norton. I'm happy with it!

NTk5M2EzZmU1ZDNjYzM4ODNmODUxNTk4ZjkzNzU4NmKAKEfb7JiSRuQXOUKhv_86aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNWIyMWM3ZmI2MmY0MTBmN2VhOTc0MmNkMzA5MGRhZDM2YzcyMTQ4OGJkZjdhZjk0OWU2MDk2YzExMDRjOTc0NC5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

bought this today for €3.94, will it work on windows 8 if I use it as the 2013 version? the box states 'windows 7, vista and XP'

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

clairek6 wrote: »
    bought this today for €3.94, will it work on windows 8 if I use it as the 2013 version? the box states 'windows 7, vista and XP'

Yes, their website lists the 2013 version as windows 8 compatible. Nearly all 7 programs will work on 8.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Claiming Norton "works" anywhere is a stretch. That's overpriced.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

snubbleste wrote: »
    :( You are hereby slapped

137 days to Christmas today!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭rameire

Just In tesco Carlow for first time in ages. Near the entrance they have the remains of the reduced electrical items.
    The items I noticed which they had 4 of at 49.99 were the Sony dab/fm docking station.
    Boxes don't look great but I got one of these a year ago and it's great. Good sound and quick. I was tempted to buy another one but the wife would kill me.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 4,126 ✭✭✭rameire

Just In tesco Carlow for first time in ages. Near the entrance they have the remains of the reduced electrical items.
    The items I noticed which they had 4 of at 49.99 were the Sony dab/fm docking station.
    Boxes don't look great but I got one of these a year ago and it's great. Good sound and quick. I was tempted to buy another one but the wife would kill me.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Bit of a mistake in Roselawn Blanchardstown Tesco

Can get Birds Eye 12 Beef Burgers 680G for 1 euro, priced up at that, got 2 boxes and scanned in at that.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement