Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Two of this Lenovo g550 for €249 left in tesco ballybrack. production date is 2010. and lots of samsung digital cameras and BT dect phones in clearance section.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Only

Dec4 wrote: »
    A few digital cameras left in Naas Tesco Xtra this morning. There was still one of those Panasonic TZ18 for €99 and a Lenovo g550 for €249.
    Lots of DECT phones...

You are KILLING me ... I sooooooooooooooo want a Panasonic camera!!! But none in any Tescos anywhere near me .... if any boardsie is going to Naas and is feeling like doing a good deed I would very gladly paypal or do a bank transfer and get a courier to collect ... pretty please:o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MB05

By any chance has someone already shopped in Tesco Clarehall this morning? All the cans on the Crazy Prices Coke Deal were gone when I was there last night.

I was wondering if they got more stock in today?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Not to mention the dreaded 'unexpected item in packing area' mantra most of the damn machines seem determined to say! I'll give you unexpected - an unexpcted kick in the hard drive! lol

It was more the self scanning thing they've introduced in Tesco Maynooth- I had in mind, than the self-scan checkouts. Aka- you collect your scanner as you walk in the door, scan your shopping as you wander around the store and hand over the scanner at a special counter when leaving and pay the amount you've scanned. They randomly sample the shopping to make sure you're not pilfering half the store.

But....... with a 2 year old and a 3 year old- the scanner and the lovely little beep it makes, and the lovely red light it emits, are the latest and greatest toy imaginable. Trying to keep the scanner from them- is nigh impossible. That said- trying to stop them putting the latest 'Peppa Pig crisps' or whatever takes their fancy into the trolley when your back is turned for a thousand'th of a second- is also impossible.

So- at the end of your shop- you're liable to have several items scanned multiple times- alongside whatever my munchkins managed to smuggle into the trolley when I was reaching for pasta on the top shelf or whatever- aka you have no idea whats there, what isn't there- and whats scanned and what isn't..........

Since they started the self-scanner thingys- they have cut the number of regular check-out aisles by over 50%- and managers approach you in the queue trying to persuade you to use the self-scanning option on your next visit- as its so much better, you can tell exactly what your bill is at any time in the store etc. I can tell anyway- as its not rocket science- but it is an obvious and blatant attempt to try to get rid of as many of the check-out operators as possible.

In addition to all of this- their wonderful store layout pays no heed to what groceries are heaviest and what where in the store they might be. So- after you've filled your trolley with your fruit and veg, your dairy and whatnot- then you've got tinned goods, bread- and finally soft drinks and water- perfect for squashing all those delicate fruit and veg you got at the very start of your shop. Its not unusual to have things squished by the time you reach the checkout- you can however do a quality control as you put things on the belt and leave back anything too damaged (depending on what it is).

It also gives you the opportunity to sort the shopping- into bagging groups- for your trip home- so as to minimise damage. Yes- I'm one of the anal people who will habitually refuse help to bag my shopping- if it gets damaged, it'll be my fault- if its damaged after being packed by the local scout group- I'll be cursing them instead.

Perhaps I am being anal- but I like my traditional shop- put it on the conveyor belt, sort it into bags, and go home. The self scan- is a step too far- and something I don't want to do. If they gave me a specific discount for self-scanning- extra club card points or something- I might reconsider- but I'm certainly not going to shaft some poor checkout operator- for the sake of their shiny new gadget- which my kids also unfortunately love.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Kevvv

I picked up a well spec'd laptop in Tesco Clarehall yesterday. Got an Acer Aspire 5741 with an i3 processor, 4GB Ram, 750GB HDD and preloaded with Windows 7 Home Premium and Microsoft Office for €199.50. Fairly happy with that price TBH.

Also for anyone looking for the €5.50 cans in Clarehall, they had none on the shelves in store but had them in the Tesco garage across the road :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭brokenarms

Maybe a new thread is the way to go with this as I would like to discuss it. Maynooth is a testing ground for this as well as click and collect. Personally I like the self scan idea . I have not used it in Tesco but always used it in SuperQuinn.
    The number of checkout staff has not changed. Their contracted hours can not change. As I mentioned before, its their holidays and they may have been short staffed because of it. Tesco are not trying to reduce the the checkout staff with self scan, they are responding to what customers want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,286 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Quite a few copies of Norton 2011 3 user licence in a metal bin
    at door in Arklow
    Reduced to € 4.99.
    Pretty sure this will upgrade to current version or can be used to extend the licence
    p.s. no need to discuss the benefits or otherwise of norton. I'm happy with it!

NTk5M2EzZmU1ZDNjYzM4ODNmODUxNTk4ZjkzNzU4NmKAKEfb7JiSRuQXOUKhv_86aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNWIyMWM3ZmI2MmY0MTBmN2VhOTc0MmNkMzA5MGRhZDM2YzcyMTQ4OGJkZjdhZjk0OWU2MDk2YzExMDRjOTc0NC5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

A few digital cameras
    Panasonic FS16 1 left €79
    samsung ST67 a few €49
    Nikon s6100 1 €49

picked up the last TZ18 Sorry Only

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sarah88

Kevvv wrote: »
    I picked up a well spec'd laptop in Tesco Clarehall yesterday. Got an Acer Aspire 5741 with an i3 processor, 4GB Ram, 750GB HDD and preloaded with Windows 7 Home Premium and Microsoft Office for €199.50. Fairly happy with that price TBH.

Now that's a bargain! has anyone seen these laptops in any other stores?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

CH3OH wrote: »
    at door in Arklow
    Reduced to € 4.99.
    Pretty sure this will upgrade to current version or can be used to extend the licence

NTk5M2EzZmU1ZDNjYzM4ODNmODUxNTk4ZjkzNzU4NmKAKEfb7JiSRuQXOUKhv_86aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vNWIyMWM3ZmI2MmY0MTBmN2VhOTc0MmNkMzA5MGRhZDM2YzcyMTQ4OGJkZjdhZjk0OWU2MDk2YzExMDRjOTc0NC5qcGd8fDI5NHx8fHx8aHR0cDovL3d3dy5hZHZlcnRzLmllL3N0YXRpYy9pL3dhdGVybWFyay5wbmd8fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS9ub25lLWltYWdlLmpwZ3w=.jpg

That is good, because you can download the 2013 from the norton site, and then use the product key in this to activate. Do not use the disc!. Usually £22-24 sterling for 3 pc 1 year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Tesco Maynooth- awash in cut-price TVs.
    Mostly LGs left- with a 32" @ 149- all the way up to a 42" @ 299
    Some Sonys- @249 and 299 (32" and 40")
    Its really bizarre at the checkouts- every second trolley has a TV in it.

Any of these left? really need a tv

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭bren2001

at door in Arklow
    Reduced to € 4.99.

Anybody see any of these in Dublin? The mother won't listen to me on the topic and is mad for some Norton.

Any of these left? really need a tv

There were definitely over a hundred left @ 3PM yesterday. How many are left now- I have no idea.

at door in Arklow
    Reduced to € 4.99.

A few digital cameras
    samsung ST67 a few €49
    Nikon s6100 1 €49

Ah no bother - fab little camera!! ... Was being a bit cheeky asking :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

bren2001 wrote: »
    Anybody see any of these in Dublin? The mother won't listen to me on the topic and is mad for some Norton.

Tesco Rush had a few last night

• Registered Users Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭cena

What are the laptops like. Athlone has a compaq 500gb hhd 6gb ram

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭robk24

here in Maynooth now, no tvs for 149 to be had.....
    There are a few Acer and Lenovo laptops left..... Specs are pretty crap though...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Picked up what looked like the last AppleCare protection plan box in Tesco Naas Xtra for 49 euro. Covers MacBook/MBA/13"MBP but also Apple TV,iPod, airport products in your house. Costs 249 on the Apple website.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭higster

holly8 wrote: »
    hahaha ... I bought one of those a few months ago for €16, maybe not the same brand. But it's a foot pump, that's all .... took hours and 6 people taking turns to blow it up ... I had thought it was one of those auto-inflating beds, it's NOT!!!

Has Built in electric pump. Hahaha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Davy wrote: »
    That is good, because you can download the 2013 from the norton site, and then use the product key in this to activate. Do not use the disc!. Usually £22-24 sterling for 3 pc 1 year

Do you download the free trial? I can't see a full version on their site

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

bmaxi wrote: »
    Do you download the free trial? I can't see a full version on their site

Yes, after the 30 days, click 'renew' and then select 'I have a product key' and it will update showing 365 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,065 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Saw 3 of the Panasonic TZ18 €99 in Clearwater.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

Kevvv wrote: »

Also for anyone looking for the €5.50 cans in Clarehall, they had none on the shelves in store but had them in the Tesco garage across the road :)

Any more left? Of the laptops

odddavey wrote: »
    Any more left? Of the laptops

Laptops- yes.
    Well spec'ed. Well, highly unlikely.
    Well spotted to Kevv- I had a good look, but didn't see anything under 5 years of age........ Spec's were basic in the extreme. Nothing wrong with the machines- perfectly suitable for internet/office work etc- but low capacity hard-drives (typically 80Gb) 1Gb RAM- and every single one I saw had Windows Vista Basic or Home Premium on it (HP isn't all that bad- but you'd seriously need to shell out for a W7HP upgrade licence).

Have a good look- you may find something hidden away- you may be lucky.

Esel wrote: »
    Saw 3 of the Panasonic TZ18 €99 in Clearwater.

Stabbed. Through. The. Heart. .... NEED. One. Need. One.....cough, splutter, splutter ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

at door in Arklow
    Reduced to € 4.99.

A few digital cameras
    samsung ST67 a few €49
    Nikon s6100 1 €49

anyone know if there are anymore of the samsung cameras in tesco arklow? need a little compact something for my holliers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 iamnotamoose

Tesco in tallaght still have sony bravia 32' tv's on sale 299.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Only wrote: »
    Stabbed. Through. The. Heart. .... NEED. One. Need. One.....cough, splutter, splutter ...

I picked one of these up today solely to say to you that I picked one of these up today. going to give it to my 3 year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

3kg buckets of de-icing salt for 99c in arklow. reduced from €5. i grabbed a few but there was a good amount left
    could be handy for the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ANMHI

I usually buy Norton Internet security during the year at it is usually €30. So good value in Tesco!!

• Advertisement

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    3kg buckets of de-icing salt for 99c in arklow. reduced from €5. i grabbed a few but there was a good amount left
    could be handy for the winter

Have to check whether Maynooth have these too.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement