Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 704 ✭✭✭you2008

Got tesco trimmer for 8.50 70% off at maynooth hrs ago, one left

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

spotted 2 or 3 of those tvs for €299 in Tesco Carlow this afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

There's about 6 laptops (mostly acers, mostly €279-299), 2 canon cameras (€49), some TV's (not sure on price) and lots of Blurays from between €6-€10 (Rocky Balboa, Taken, Water for Elephants etc)

ETA: These were in Clearwater in Finglas - on the right hand side just after you walk in the door small shelf beside the stationary section.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭odddavey

January, what Branch? would love one of those Acers, Laptop is dying

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

Scandisk Ultra, SDHC Card 8 GB.

This is the one in the Grey and Red Pack, priced at €16.79 on the shelf scanning at checkout at €9.50.

2 or 3 left on the shelf.

I just got this in Tesco Nenagh may be available in other stores.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

odddavey wrote: »
    January, what Branch? would love one of those Acers, Laptop is dying

Sorry, that would have been helpful... Clearwater (Finglas).

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Got one of the last two Toshiba 299E laptops in Greystones.
    Not the prettiest beast but for the price a steal. 320G HDD and 4g Ram.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

20% off (or more) on all branded appliances at Tesco http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057007101

Starts Monday.

Includes irons, kettles, toasters, microwaves, vacuums, food preparation, personal grooming and landline phones.

Does not include Tesco branded products

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tesco Maynooth appear to have put out another 20 or so laptops.

Lenovo G555s- the upgraded version- Wireless N, Windows 7 HP, 500Gb Hard-drive, 4Gb RAM, 15.6" Full HD screen, Radeon HD 4200 graphics, 2.2 Ghz dual core AMD processor. Price 199 (at least 10 of these there). Has the sticker 'LENOVOG555-M328BUK-4GBUPGR' over the spec details- aka- I think it originally had 2Gb RAM- but its been factory upgraded to 4Gb. Wireless is Atheros- and is single band Wireless N. Decent enough spec- its not going to win any awards- but for the price, its a complete steal.

Lenovo Celeron dual core 1.8Ghz. 1 Gb RAM. 80Gb HDD. Windows Vista (AVOID) (they only had 2 of these- thankfully)

Acers- same Celeron, 80Gb HDD crap as the Lenovo ones- AVOID

Toshiba 10.1" tablets with Android 3.1- 1Gb RAM, 16Gb Storage, HDMI Out, Processor- nVidia Tegra 3 dual core 1.2Ghz (actually looks quite nice). Price 199 (only two left- but no-one seems to be even looking at them- one is on the shelf with the laptops- the other is buried at the bottom of the basket of ink cartridges and other crap they're trying to get shot of). For a 10" tablet- its good value, though personally- I'd rather the Nexus.

Gardening stuff pretty much gone- I got the last set of shears, and 2 shovels and forks at between 75 and 90% off. If you want little pots to grow your own peppers or tomato plants- i.e. little projects for kids- they're reduced to 25c each. Miracle grow lawn patch mender (or whatever its called) is now E3 a box (75% off). Lovely little kneeling mats for kids- ladybugs and frogs- 75c each.

They have a deal on Huggies wipes at the front of the store- so no-one seems to be touching the 1 Euro Simple 80 pack wipes which are part of the Crazy specials. I took a full box of 12 (it said there was a customer quota of 3- but the checkout guy didn't care).

Couple of odd bargains- E29 Technika Blu-ray player. E49 Panasonic Bluray player (don't ask me the models).

More TVs out- Sony 32"s @ 349 (only 5 or 6 of them- no-one is even looking at them given the price)

100Grm Carte Noire coffee still reduced to 3.49 (the 200grm jar is an eye watering 9.65)

Sparkling or still 2 litre Riverrock- 1.65 each (or, according to the sign- '3 for 2 Euro, save 60c). Someone obviously needs to go back to math classes.......

The place was remarkably deserted for a Saturday- don't know why- perhaps everyone was at home watching the matches in Croke Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Lenovo G555s- the upgraded version- Wireless N, Windows 7 HP, 500Gb Hard-drive, 4Gb RAM, 15.6" Full HD screen, Radeon HD 4200 graphics, 2.2 Ghz dual core AMD processor. Price 199 (at least 10 of these there). Has the sticker 'LENOVOG555-M328BUK-4GBUPGR' over the spec details- aka- I think it originally had 2Gb RAM- but its been factory upgraded to 4Gb. Wireless is Atheros- and is single band Wireless N. Decent enough spec- its not going to win any awards- but for the price, its a complete steal.

Shame they aren't anywhere in any of the Cork Tescos.Would be like the Road Runner to get one if they were!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Shame they aren't anywhere in any of the Cork Tescos.Would be like the Road Runner to get one if they were!!

Sure you can get one when you come up to see cork playing in the football semi final

Oh no wait.... lol

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

Sure you can get one when you come up to see cork playing in the football semi final

Oh no wait.... lol

He/she can visit that store when they are up for the hurling final, lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭MrShivers

January wrote: »
    There's about 6 laptops (mostly acers, mostly €279-299), 2 canon cameras (€49), some TV's (not sure on price) and lots of Blurays from between €6-€10 (Rocky Balboa, Taken, Water for Elephants etc)

ETA: These were in Clearwater in Finglas - on the right hand side just after you walk in the door small shelf beside the stationary section.

Did you notice what kind of specs the cameras and PCs have?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

He/she can visit that store when they are up for the hurling final, lol:D

Your dead right but about the he/she thing,I think the 'King' in my name gives away my sex! :D

MrShivers wrote: »
    Did you notice what kind of specs the cameras and PCs have?
    The wife picked me up the acer aspire 5742 but there were 3 of the acer aspire 5733 left at 279€
    http://m.tesco.com/mt/www.tesco.com/direct/acer-aspire-5733-intel-core-i3-laptop-4gb-500gb-156-display-black/212-8511.prd

Thanks January, well happy with the new purchase.
    6gb Ram, 600Hdd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Maynooth Sold Out of the €199 Lenovo's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Guinness Black Lager 12 bottles for €5 in Tesco Bloomfield, use by 13/08

That's offer ends 13/8 rather than a use by date.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭laros

kn wrote: »
    That's offer ends 13/8 rather than a use by date.

Ahem.... just checked a bottle and It's actually the Use by date printed on the bottle label....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

laros wrote: »
    Ahem.... just checked a bottle and It's actually the Use by date printed on the bottle label....:D

If anything it's a best before date. Use by is only for fresh food/dairy/meat/fish. As in it must be used by the date or bacteria or mould will form.

Tins, cans and bottles have best before, which means the product is perfectly safe to consume but may test better before the date printed.

The wife picked me up the acer aspire 5742 but there were 3 of the acer aspire 5733 left at 279€
    http://m.tesco.com/mt/www.tesco.com/direct/acer-aspire-5733-intel-core-i3-laptop-4gb-500gb-156-display-black/212-8511.prd

6gb Ram, 600Hdd

Are these equipped with Windows 7 or 8 ?

• Advertisement

MrShivers wrote: »
    Are these equipped with Windows 7 or 8 ?
    hardly going to be win 8, they are win 7
    says what os on the box and specs

hardly going to be win 8, they are win 7
    says what os on the box and specs

Wasn't hoping for Win 8. I hate change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,876 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

3 laptops and few ms office and norton antivirus CDs at dundrum tesco. It was in a small trolley near the end of baby stuff

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

3 laptops and few ms office and norton antivirus CDs at dundrum tesco. It was in a small trolley near the end of baby stuff

How much were the Office licences?
    Maynooth didn't discount them at all- still 109.99 for the student licences (I was laughing at this- I can just hop onto software4students.ie and get it for half this- or indeed there is another bargain alert thread about Windows 7 licences, which also references Office licences)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

if any of you are fans of the Game of life board game we bought this because it was so cheap and its as much fun as the original! :D

265625.JPG

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

How much were the Office licences?

€19.99
    No CD.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

6gb Ram, 600Hdd

Grand specs for that price.... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭PlanIT Computing

Grand specs for that price.... :cool:

That's a smashing price for an i3 laptop - brilliant bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Ones in Dundrum were 1Gb ram and 80HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Hoodwinked can you tell me where you got the game? I was only looking for it yesterday in argos.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement