Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

Gda88 wrote: »
    Just had an email from the recruitment direct saying in their words “there was a small group taken from the opening **few** weeks of the assessment centre stage that have went on to be fast tracked”.

But yet there has been candidates that’s have went on to confirm they have received the FT email and they completed their AC in early September??!

From that I would take it u have passed as ur name has actually passed from deloitte to PSNI , if ur saying the email was from recruitment directly?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭MrChew

Just had an email from the recruitment direct saying in their words “there was a small group taken from the opening **few** weeks of the assessment centre stage that have went on to be fast tracked”.

But yet there has been candidates that’s have went on to confirm they have received the FT email and they completed their AC in early September??!

The email from deloitte said they would begin phased processing. You must be first phase :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

By recruitment I meant Deloitte sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭HopefulCan2002

When did you have your AC? When did you get that email?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

When did you have your AC? When did you get that email?
    2nd of sept and I got the email today in response to a question I asked them.

• Advertisement

2nd of sept and I got the email today in response to a question I asked them.

What did you ask? At least you got a response.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

1810 FT was top 114 candidates

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wyl91

For the first group of FT from this campaign, can anyone make a guess as to when we would be doing our medical/SMT? Does it generally take months from notification of FT to complete the medical? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Wyl91 wrote: »
    For the first group of FT from this campaign, can anyone make a guess as to when we would be doing our medical/SMT? Does it generally take months from notification of FT to complete the medical? Thanks

As a rough guide this was the timescale from someone I know that was FT'd for 1810. First batch of FT was early March, they had pca in May with medical in June. 1810 results were released in May, so going by that I would guess pca's could be November/December time with medicals a month later.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Robbie200490

Anyone done the no tomatoes course let me know what the dress code is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Xxx1234

For most people it was just jeans and a top or something along those lines. Not anything too fancy, just casual

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

How is everyone's fitness coming along? I am starting to notice some improvement in mine it's nice to see as I am a novice at all this!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

I completed Couch to 5K over lock down, it helped being on furlough having more time on my hands. I hadn’t been overly active in recent years and now back to work I’m trying to run 3 times a week. AC coming up soon. In terms of training my focus is building fitness and losing some weight and still a bit to do on the latter. I’m of tall and bigger build so will be aiming for a bmi of 30 or slightly above that probably. Should I reach PCA I will introduce some core/cross fit/weights and HIIT training a month or so before. I think for me high intensity training things like sprints and burpees will be key for PCA. If I’m not successful in this campaign at least it’s gave me the drive to train and live a healthier lifestyle which I think is great and starting to feel benefits also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

I completed Couch to 5K over lock down, it helped being on furlough having more time on my hands. I hadn’t been overly active in recent years and now back to work I’m trying to run 3 times a week. AC coming up soon. In terms of training my focus is building fitness and losing some weight and still a bit to do on the latter. I’m of tall and bigger build so will be aiming for a bmi of 30 or slightly above that probably. Should I reach PCA I will introduce some core/cross fit/weights and HIIT training a month or so before. I think for me high intensity training things like sprints and burpees will be key for PCA. If I’m not successful in this campaign at least it’s gave me the drive to train and live a healthier lifestyle which I think is great and starting to feel benefits also.

Sounds good sound like you have a good foundation for the PCA I haven't really done any core work I should probably do some burpees ect I'm mostly doing some hard fast running and cycling some weights thrown into it too. My first aim was to actually make sure I can keep going for the time needed and then seek to improve it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Belfast86

My fitness and health is on point as I’m a retired MMA fighter but kept the fitness up.

I went last week to the opticians and now pass the eye test requirements after months of patching and wearing contact lens. Just waiting now on laser eye surgery.

Belfast86 wrote: »
    My fitness and health is on point as I’m a retired MMA fighter but kept the fitness up.

I went last week and now pass the eye test after months of patching and contact lens. Just waiting now on laser eye surgery.

I've a consultation in a couple of weeks for laser eye surgery. Figured it was best not leaving things to chance. Glad to hear you're sorted and all, chum.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Columbo1234

I went last week and now pass the eye test after months of patching and contact lens. Just waiting now on laser eye surgery.

All the best with surgery. I think we are all working on improving one thing or another at the moment.
    I would imagine some BJJ skills could come handy from time to time!

MrChew wrote: »
    I've a consultation in a couple of weeks for laser eye surgery. Figured it was best not leaving things to chance. Glad to hear you're sorted and all, chum.

Thanks buddy much appreciated. Couldn’t believe it myself - I managed to go from 6/22 with corrective vision to 6/12 which is the borderline. My right eye is 6/4 so no issues there lol.

Best you chasing up laser now as you are fast tracked. I knew from how you performed on our training with no tomatoes you would nail the AC day.

Well done buddy.

All the best with surgery. I think we are all working on improving one thing or another at the moment.
    I would imagine some BJJ skills could come handy from time to time!

Thanks my man! Seems to be a few on here ironing out a few issues so fingers crossed for us all eh :)

Thanks buddy much appreciated. Couldn’t believe it myself - I managed to go from 6/22 with corrective vision to 6/12 which is the borderline. My right eye is 6/4 so no issues there lol.

Best you chasing up laser now as you are fast tracked. I knew from how you performed on our training with no tomatoes you would nail the AC day.

Well done buddy.

Cheers mate, hoping you hear sooner rather than later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Are we allowed to correct our vision prior to the medical exam? I heard that in the past you were actually failed the medical exam if u had corrected your eyes. I am also borderline vision

mariyapsni wrote: »
    Are we allowed to correct our vision prior to the medical exam? I heard that in the past you were actually failed the medical exam if u had corrected your eyes. I am also borderline vision

Where did you hear that? It's nonsense, frankly. I know police officers who have had laser eye surgery specifically to pass the vision requirement with no problems.

[Edit] A search of these forums will also turn up plenty of folks who had laser eye surgery and passed their medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭mariyapsni

Where did you hear that? It's nonsense, frankly. I know police officers who have had laser eye surgery specifically to pass the vision requirement with no problems.

[Edit] A search of these forums will also turn up plenty of folks who had laser eye surgery and passed their medical.

Thanks very much Mr Chew. I hope that is the case now. I think some "old school" police officer told me about that, but i think things have move on since then and apparently, people are using laser surgery for their advantage :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wyl91

I’ve just booked with specsavers gonna get them to test me against the requirements to ensure I meet them. I’m not entirely sure. Got average eye sight and wear contacts so better to be sure incase il have to get laser. Better start doing the lottery lol

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Well done to all who got fast tracked, having spent time thinking about my a/c, I know where I went wrong and things I should have done/written down that I did not do on the day. It was my first a/c and now know what I left out but i don't feel too bad as it was my first go. Really don't think december will bring good news but if it does, ill be over the moon but just can't see it. Good luck to everyone and hopefully you all get good news in December.

Si_zx10r wrote: »
    Well done to all who got fast tracked, having spent time thinking about my a/c, I know where I went wrong and things I should have done/written down that I did not do on the day. It was my first a/c and now know what I left out but i don't feel too bad as it was my first go. Really don't think december will bring good news but if it does, ill be over the moon but just can't see it. Good luck to everyone and hopefully you all get good news in December.

Everyone thinks like that but you don’t know what they are looking for really? Where do you think you went wrong?

Keep the chin up pal. You never know!!

This was my first ever attempt at the AC after trying at least 6/7 times just to get past the first hurdle (IST)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mcztg_93

Oh please don’t lose faith. We all have felt like that at one stage, keep a positive mind and fingers crossed for you in December. Try not to over think the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Si_zx10r

I tried not to but I now see where all I could have done alot better and will know for next time should I not get through on this occasion. Its actually not that hard the a/c looking back, I just let the occasion get the better of me. Still, ya never know, 1052 roughly pass so might be hope yet.

• Advertisement

I tried not to but I now see where all I could have done alot better and will know for next time should I not get through on this occasion. Its actually not that hard the a/c looking back, I just let the occasion get the better of me. Still, ya never know, 1052 roughly pass so might be hope yet.

There's been a lot of fast track chat in the past few days and that might be skewing your perception somewhat, as if there is a whole load of people moving forward while you're not. I want to stress that this isn't the case. The vast majority of people who will move on to the next stages aren't aware of it yet, and won't be until early December.

Don't talk yourself out of it. Plenty of folks come out thinking they've sold themselves short but end up passing. That could well be you. A negative mindset will make training for the PCA harder and hurt your motivation.

Advertisement