Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

Ali82 wrote: »
    Just curious ref Fast Track, surely they have to wait until everyone has done the AC? Have my HR hat on & thinking need to have saw everyone 1st to pick best candidates but maybe doesnt apply here �� lol

For 1810 there were 2 fast track groups, first one was done before ACs were completed, 2nd was done after they had been completed. If you score high enough it doesn't matter when your AC was you will still be fast tracked.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭HopefulCan2002

NornIron74 wrote: »
    For 1810 there were 2 fast track groups, first one was done before ACs were completed, 2nd was done after they had been completed. If you score high enough it doesn't matter when your AC was you will still be fast tracked.

How many get Fast tracked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭NornIron74

How many get Fast tracked?

Probably somewhere between 100 and 200

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wyl91

The wait is deffo the hardest part for me. I go around in circles in my head about my confidence in passing.

I deffo don’t expect to be anywhere near fast track.

Can I ask without prying Into personal issues of course, is there any common themes which appear in terms of people failing the medical?

Wyl91 wrote: »
    The wait is deffo the hardest part for me. I go around in circles in my head about my confidence in passing.

Can I ask without prying Into personal issues of course, is there any common themes which appear in terms of people failing the medical?

Can I ask how many times you have done the AC?

• Advertisement

Can I ask how many times you have done the AC?

Only once! I had my AC in July so feels like ages ago lol
    I got through to AC in 2018 but went Into labour so couldn’t attend that time round

Only once! I had my AC in July so feels like ages ago lol
    I got through to AC in 2018 but went Into labour so couldn’t attend that time round

Oh right so what did you think of it?

Oh right so what did you think of it?

Found it tough! Really don’t know how to gauge how I did which seems to be common. Found one of the role plays particularly tricky but obv can’t go into detail.

Didn’t mind the plan/report parts but I guess time will tell

Found it tough! Really don’t know how to gauge how I did which seems to be common. Found one of the role plays particularly tricky but obv can’t go into detail.

Didn’t mind the plan/report parts but I guess time will tell

Yeah I came out thinking I had a nightmare but it seems to be what everyone was thinking. I think I definitely messed up the report but I guess time will tell.

Yeah I came out thinking I had a nightmare but it seems to be what everyone was thinking. I think I definitely messed up the report but I guess time will tell.

Fingers crossed for you!! It’s a tough one to call really. I keep thinking of things I should have said!! Frustrating. December feels like years away lol

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed for you!! It’s a tough one to call really. I keep thinking of things I should have said!! Frustrating. December feels like years away lol

And same for you! Yeah it is so far away! Keep going over in my head each role play lol! Really need to stop it!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 PSNIhopeful1

Common theme that I see is that people fail medical with previous mental health problems. Myself being one of those people in 1710.

I think you have to be 3 years symptom (and treatment) free of mental health conditions before applying.

That being said, a friend of mine had serious anxiety less than a year before his medical and passed. He blamed it on a surgical operation he had a few months prior and they passed him.

I think they assess everything on a case-by-case basis. I have to admit, I was fuming when I failed my medical, but a few years on I can see the reasoning behind it. I'm now symptom free for 3, nearly 4 years and never been better mentally. Confident I'll pass medical if I get that far again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Boss20

A few people have asked what you need to score at the AC to be fast tracked...we were told at the training day that if you score 70% or above you will make it into the FT list ☺️ Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭NeeNaw21

People with a score above 65 were fast tracked in my campaign... just saying.

Depends on the average score of all candidates as a whole

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tashbash

Their website still states 23 weeks?

It’s definitely 21 weeks now. I’m not sure if it’s permanent or shortened because of Covid and will go back to 23 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 waiting.com

Anyone know if they are still ploughing on with the assessment centre or are they being affected by these new covid restrictions? Its seems to be going on long enough as it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭penutzimes

Anyone know if they are still ploughing on with the assessment centre or are they being affected by these new covid restrictions? Its seems to be going on long enough as it is!

They seem to be going on as normal, as far as I can see the restrictions only apply to private homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Si_zx10r

As the notification says, they're only at the midway point, a/c are going on for another 2 months yet

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Robbie200490

I've still my AC early November and received an email the other day just thanking me for my patience and that everything is still going ahead. Also mentioned that they are starting to process (fast track) successful candidates.

Have my no tomatoes course next month then couple weeks later the AC. Legit can not wait for it... Just hopefully it goes well. Been busting to join up for years now

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ali82

I've still my AC early November and received an email the other day just thanking me for my patience and that everything is still going ahead. Also mentioned that they are starting to process (fast track) successful candidates.

Have my no tomatoes course next month then couple weeks later the AC. Legit can not wait for it... Just hopefully it goes well. Been busting to join up for years now

Same here with nov date and considering no tomatoes for oct too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Mcztg_93

What are people’s thoughts regarding fast track, do you think people will start to hear week commencing 28.9? This is a long wait! Looking forward to us all getting our results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ats.us.nai

Mcztg_93 wrote: »
    What are people’s thoughts regarding fast track, do you think people will start to hear week commencing 28.9? This is a long wait! Looking forward to us all getting our results.

Possibly however with the rate of covid-19 cases increasing and a cobra meeting tomorrow, we could be heading into another lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

Does it look like this campaign is in jeopardy with new restrictions, will the AC’s be postponed again?

Gda88 wrote: »
    Does it look like this campaign is in jeopardy with new restrictions, will the AC’s be postponed again?

I’m not sure! I wonder how it Applies to AC :( I’m sure Deloitte are still WFH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 ats.us.nai

Gda88 wrote: »

At the moment the restrictions are contained to private dwellings. We may have an issue in the coming weeks though. Tomorrow we should know more generally but the PSNI may issue their own statement via email/website so best to keep an eye out over the next few days/weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Although frustrating, it could also work is some peoples favours. They clearly need more staff and if this is going to continue into next year, more of us may be lucky enough to progress as a new campaign clearly won't be on the cards until the threat of covid drops somewhat. With all the resources and expenditure so far from this campaign, cant see them throwing in the towel at this stage as the fitness assessment is the only stage remaining where there will be a number of people present which could easily be split into smaller groups to accommodate the current situation. Good luck to anyone waiting on fast track news, i had my a/c 5 weeks ago but not holding out hope for the fast track, just hope i have passed. Will be good to hear people progressing though, means things are going in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

As it stands I think the AC’s will still go ahead, especially as “wet” pubs are now getting the go ahead to open again. I also think Deloitte will want to complete the process as they will want to come across as fair and just and give everyone there opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Xxx1234

Assessment centre this week. Any final words of wisdom that anyone found to help them?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭sharon1986

A friend had applied to NICS for the AO jobs and they got emails this week to say that the interviews were no longer proceeding and anyone that had had an interview it was now void and that they were taking the first 500 to the vetting stage based on the IST scores. They said that they knew people would be disappointed or say it's unfair but just based on unprecedented times they had no option.....wondering if this campaign might go the same way now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭walkman2302

Couldn’t see it to be honest. I don’t think the PSNI would accept candidates who only passed an IST as they wouldn’t have been assessed to any policing framework. In my opinion the AC is the most critical part of it all, assessing people’s ability to solve problems in a stressful environment. Also the fact that there are still candidates remaining from the previous campaign so they still have people available.

Advertisement