Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭mrsoundie

From last year but it does give an insight to what caused alot of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

enricoh wrote: »
    He must have some sort of support base or he wouldn't run?

He exposed an almost industrial scale of child grooming by pakistani gangs in the uk.
    When no one in power or the media wanted to know about it.
    So hes done more of worth than any politician hes running against.
    You mean the ones that were exposed before Tommy even starting covering it, and who he did his very best to get let off on a mistrial? Yeah, the guy is a hero alright.

Maybe he should focus on the EDL pedophiles also, don't you think? I mean he founded the group and has plenty of contacts in it, he could actually dig up some extremely useful information there to bring pedophiles to justice. Doesn't it frustrate you a little that he simply chooses not to, and that he has even gone to defend them in the past instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Hitch2222

Im not to bothered about their fitting in with our cultural norms, i am bothered about my taxes paying their dole while they spin around looking to rob stuff out of my farm!

Clearly with the stance you've taken on issues here thus far, I wouldn't expect you to be bothered.

Taking a myopic view is your choice but it obviously doesn't allow you to see enough that would dissolve a view that solves nothing but likely incites more than anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

For a comparison. This is Tommy Robinson supporters in Warrington but the milkshake guy is the problem apparently...
    https://twitter.com/WillBlackWriter/status/1124022118130311168?s=19

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

4 or 5 lads ganging up on one.

Proper hardy bastards this lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭RWCNT

batgoat wrote: »
    For a comparison. This is Tommy Robinson supporters in Warrington but the milkshake guy is the problem apparently...
    https://twitter.com/WillBlackWriter/status/1124022118130311168?s=19

What's supposed to be happening here? I don't even see any delicious milkshakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Faugheen wrote: »
    No defending that.
    Im shocked not that I would assume the average edl member is an upstanding member of society.
    Maybe this is the reason Tommy Robinson distanced himself from the edl.
    My point was there is a major problem with rape gangs in the UK that nobody wants to talk about

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/176587/Paedo-rap-for-EDL-leader

Nope, Stephen just doubled down and claimed one of his mates was being 'stitched up'.

Until the facts became clear and then, not only did Tommy Robinson openly condemn Richard Price, he also threw him out of the EDL, futhermore, Tommy Robinson left said organisation over 6 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Maybe tommys views were the catalyst for the pakistani grooming gangs to go raping and drugging teenagers

Fook me, you actually typed that? Jesus.

Tommy Robinson, like it or not, is a candidate for the European Parliament. He should be allowed to campaign unmolested. Anyone who is happy to see violence against him are the same people who ironically call his supporters violent fascist thugs.

Some undoubtedly are. Some are not.

When anyone who supports violence against someone because they don't like their views, whether they are left or right,a supporter or in opposition to Robinson, are disgraces.

Tommy Robinson, like it or not, is a candidate for the European Parliament. He should be allowed to campaign unmolested. Anyone who is happy to see violence against him are the same people who ironically call his supporters violent fascist thugs.

When anyone who supports violence against someone because they don't like their views, whether they are left or right,a supporter or in opposition to Robinson, are disgraces.

And British citizens should be allowed to go about their business without being tarred with the same brush as other people just because of their religion.

You incite hatred, your going to get hatred. He’s a bully and deserves everything he gets.

• Advertisement

Faugheen wrote:
    You incite hatred, your going to get hatred. He’s a bully and deserves everything he gets.

I disagree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

There was actually violence perpetrated by Robinson supporters. A milkshake to the face is more uncomfortable and he completely deserves it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

4 or 5 lads ganging up on one.

Proper hardy bastards this lot.

You never answered my question earlier (unsurprisingly)
    Do you have any sympathy for Garda McCabe

batgoat wrote:
    There was actually violence perpetrated by Robinson supporters. A milkshake to the face is more uncomfortable and he completely deserves it.

I condemn that too

I disagree

You disagree that British citizens should be allowed to go about their every day lives without being prejudged due to their religion?

I know you cut that part out of the post, but the part you quoted on it’s own is completely out of context without the first part, so I want to make sure that’s what you’re saying.

You never answered my question earlier (unsurprisingly)
    Do you have any sympathy for Garda McCabe

You have failed to answer numerous questions of mine over the last few days.

So with all due respect, go away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

You have failed to answer numerous questions of mine over the last few days.

So with all due respect, go away.

Yet again I've won another debate with you, very easy this time.
    As Alan partridge would say,,,, back of the net!!

Ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

You're some imateur eejit, site wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,842 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Real cash money to anyone who keeps the milkshake bombs going on SYL every day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

And British citizens should be allowed to go about their business without being tarred with the same brush as other people just because of their religion.

By your statement, may we presume you'd be okay if instead of a milkshake, he'd had a corrosive liquid thrown in his face?

Faugheen wrote:
    You disagree that British citizens should be allowed to go about their every day lives without being prejudged due to their religion?

I am aware of videos which do indeed make him look like a bigot but there are other videos he has made in which he explains his words.

You and i both know this. You choose to believe he is a bigot and i happen to give him the benefit of the doubt. I am not saying you are wrong, but I disagree with you.

I abhor and oppose violence, especially when it comes to politics and censorship.
    I think Carl Benjamin is doing a better job than Robinson at getting his message across.

Tommy Robinson is undoubtedly a polarising character but I certainly don't support violence against him.

You seem to not mind it when it happens to someone who you feel deserves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Until the facts became clear and then, not only did Tommy Robinson openly condemn Richard Price, he also threw him out of the EDL, futhermore, Tommy Robinson left said organisation over 6 years ago.

Didn't he stick by him after the conviction?

[/B]By your statement, may we presume you'd be okay if instead of a milkshake, he'd had a corrosive liquid thrown in his face?

I'll wait until that happens before making a judgement on it.

Wouldn't want to be prejudicial of people now, would we?

Faugheen wrote:
    That's disgusting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

Wouldn't want to be prejudicial of people now, would we?
    Thank you for your polite reply, it's told me all I needed to know about you. :)

I am aware of videos which do indeed make him look like a bigot but there are other videos he has made in which he explains his words.

You and i both know this. You choose to believe he is a bigot and i happen to give him the benefit of the doubt. I am not saying you are wrong, but I disagree with you.

I abhor and oppose violence, especially when it comes to politics and censorship.
    I think Carl Benjamin is doing a better job than Robinson at getting his message across.

Tommy Robinson is undoubtedly a polarising character but I certainly don't support violence against him.

You seem to not mind it when it happens to someone who you feel deserves it.

The problem is that he makes these outlandish statements which is designed to drum up interest and provoke a reaction.

Later, he'll 'clarify' his comments, but the damage is already done.

He'll go through the same process again, and again, and again and the results are the same. He sparks a reaction through doing it.

It was the exact same after Lee Rigby was killed. Tarring all Muslim's with the same brush before later clarifying what he meant but only after he had incited all of the hatred.

If he did it once, I'd believe him, but he doesn't. He does the same thing every single time and the same fools fall for it.

I wouldn't be a fan of violence, but I have an even bigger hatred of bullies and the pack mentality that he and his buddies hold.

Even in the milkshake video, there's 4 or 5 lads standing around the pair of them while Stephen runs his mouth. From the video it doesn't appear that he's saying anything hateful, but he's clearly mocking the man in question while his friends surround them. That's an intimidation tactic, and is a common trait with bullies. The fact all of them go straight in for your man after the throws the milkshake shows exactly what their intentions are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

MrFresh wrote: »

Didn't he stick by him after the conviction?
    Yup, and he was still running the EDL Facebook page about a year after said conviction. Which if I am correct, he even plead guilty to.

Tommy dropped him because it was becoming cancerous by association. Of course this was a good 6 or 7 years back, before brazenly lying to a cult of idiots with no interest in the truth became fashionable.

That's disgusting

I was asked about something that hasn't even happened.

How is that 'disgusting'?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

He is a Yob inciting other Yobs to violence against "others", he is going for votes to be an MEP in a country that wont have any in 2 months time.

Any violence projected on him would be karma for that he has incited onto "others".

He is acutally bringing the Yobs together, these are the same Yobs who travel to England matches and do wonders for the local economy they destroy.

I think this is ****ing hilarious he will actually get votes, thats how ****ing stupid these people are.

tbh with all the MPs going on holiday and fcuking off Brexit for a while he has done a wonderful job bringing it back to the fore front.

Vote Timmy!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement