Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

TV's working with Saorview - The List

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

irishchris wrote: »
    just to add i have a samsung LE32C530 and it works brilliant for both saorview and mheg 5 interactive text. sets up perfectly with ireland in setup. full 7 day guide also and great pic quality. i see it is already on list but just to add is excellent tv!

I'd just like to echo this, an absolutely savage television. I couldnt fault it. Built in media player is brilliant. It picks up Saorview perfectly. Took ten mins to set up Christmas morning. One of the best presents I ever received. I actually can't stress the standard of the picture. Watched wild journeys on RTÉ HD. Like looking out the window.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

My Syncmaster T200HD has decided to start doing MHEG. Which it didn't do at any point prior to this, even when other TVs in the same house did... its marked as no MHEG in the list because of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭lukeeman

Have a hannspree 19 inch sj model picks up digital tv with an old fashion indoor ariel, but when i turn on teletext on rte1 its the regular text no video in corner. Am i doing something wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I bought one of these in currys.

Made sure it was mpeg4 if I ever wanted Saorview. Decided I would try it with this aerial I bought a few weeks ago in argos. I went to auto-tune and chose digital but I didn't pick up anything at all. However when I auto-tune using the aerial on my 32'' Sony(not mpeg4) I can pick up the radio channels available on Saorview.

In Sligo, any advice appreciated!

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Sony:

40EX603U - works with Saorview, MHEG5 text. EPG has a thumbnail pic of current channel, lists programmes for many days but only provides now/next detailed information.

32BX300U - works with Saorview, MHEG5 text, EPG doesn't have a thumbnail pic but provides detailed information for more than just now/next .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    I bought one of these in currys.

Made sure it was mpeg4 if I ever wanted Saorview. Decided I would try it with this aerial I bought a few weeks ago in argos. I went to auto-tune and chose digital but I didn't pick up anything at all. However when I auto-tune using the aerial on my 32'' Sony(not mpeg4) I can pick up the radio channels available on Saorview.

In Sligo, any advice appreciated!

Those Aerials aren't the best. They con you with the booster, your better of getting an attic or outdoor aerial and pointing it towards the transmitter. You will see both the signal quality and signal strength are strong, unlike with the with the All4One type aerials which give you great signal strength and no signal quality. I assume with that aerial you are at least getting the EPG at times etc.

I got an attic aerial in B&Q well worth the buy suits the bedrooms perfectly, it just sits in the attic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

I have an LG 19 inch in bedroom, bought in 2008. Last thing on my mind was MPEG4 etc.. Tried tuning in the channels though and got radios plus tv's with sound only. I can get the digital text as well on rte 1 and 2. There is a CI slot on the back so anyone advise if there is a card to get which will decode the picture?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mr McBoatface

marclt wrote: »
    Please only use this thread to post details of Saorview compatible TVs *ONLY*.

I have opened a new thread for users to ask questions about TVs mentioned here.

I'll delete any further questions in this thread...

Thanks!

Can we try and keep this thread strictly for posting details of compatible TV's as per the MOD's post on the previous page.

@ Widescreen - CAM's will not work with the HD broadcasts , so it they will not work with RTE2HD and the others when they become HD later in the year. They are wasted money at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

Marc/ICDG

I agree with Joe.

I was going to suggest that you just strip all the off topic questions and dump them in a thread called Random Tv questions or whatever (just for this thread). Its already unwieldy.

It seems that randomers are just going for whatever the live thread is to get peoples attention lately. Whilst I dont mind answering a question regardless it kills these stickies. It killed the last one !

A suggestion - anyone fancy doing a table for the first page of this and compiling a list from the info provided so far ?

You can delete this as well

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

jobyrne30 wrote: »
    Can we try and keep this thread strictly for posting details of compatible TV's as per the MOD's post on the previous page.

@ Widescreen - CAM's will not work with the HD broadcasts , so it they will not work with RTE2HD and the others when they become HD later in the year. They are wasted money at this stage.

Actually as transmissions are now using proper flags, the TV tuner doesn't even see the channel, so the "CAM" can't even convert SD anymore.

The CAMs are junk. http://www.saortv.info/terrestrial-saorview/the-black-list/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Widescreen

watty wrote: »
    Actually as transmissions are now using proper flags, the TV tuner doesn't even see the channel, so the "CAM" can't even convert SD anymore.

The CAMs are junk. http://www.saortv.info/terrestrial-saorview/the-black-list/

Hopefully some clever guy out there will come up with a way to decode the signal otherwise an awful lot of bedroom and kitchen tv's will die an early death in a couple of years as lets face it who wants decoders dotted all round the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,479 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Widescreen wrote: »
    Hopefully some clever guy out there will come up with a way to decode the signal otherwise an awful lot of bedroom and kitchen tv's will die an early death in a couple of years as lets face it who wants decoders dotted all round the house!

STB or compatible TV will be the only way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tony H

I just bought an LG 32 LD 450 and MPEG 4 and 5 are working perfectly . really happy with it , very impressed with the picture quality .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,063 ✭✭✭championc

STB wrote: »
    A suggestion - anyone fancy doing a table for the first page of this and compiling a list from the info provided so far ?

I have been getting Marc to update post #1 as we are going along from the info supplied in this thread - last updated 09 Dec. However, from then, the only additions to go on since will be

Samsung
    LExxC750 - MHEG5 OK
    LExxBxxx - MHEG5 OK when country set to UK

LG
    xxLE3300 - MHEG5 OK

Sony
    xxBX400 - MHEG5 OK
    40EX603U - MHEG5 OK
    32BX300U - MHEG5 OK but NO Thumbnail Pic in MHEG5 Display

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

And To Update The Issues With The Philips Sets Loosing Radio Channels

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

Update for LG 32LF7700, no subtitles

• Registered Users Posts: 10 farragan

tallpaul wrote: »
    Sony KDL 40EX403 works perfectly. Teletext also works!!! Set to Ireland.
    I have just bouught the Sony 40ex403 as well, live in North Donegal and set it to the UK, got about 20 freeview channels but no Saorview ones... I wonder shopuld I just set it to Ireland instead. However if I do that will i only get the Irish ones and the lose the UK Freeview ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭jonnygee

Do you currently get your irish analogue signals from holywell hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ego.emlyn

the sony 46-kdl-x-3000 works on saorview

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

Philips 42PFL9664 works with saorview but no mheg5

• Advertisement

Try UK for Country.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 farragan

Thing is, I dont know! I just presumed it was Holywell Hill, but if I cant get Saorview then it must be Moville (according to the limited understanding I have of this). Also as Moville does not appear on the current list of transmitters, that would explain it. I have one attic aerial pointing in the direction of Limavady (UK analogue signals weak since October approx, but digital channels available fine). I am picking up perfect RTE and TG4 analogue reception on the same aerial so I might be pulling in these signals from Moville.

My exact coordinates are Latitude: 55º 17' 38'' N Longitude: 7º 14' 51'' W Would anyone know if I could get Holywell signals from here or will I have to stick with Moville?

Finally would changing this aerial to the outside make much of a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭RMDrive

championc wrote: »
    I have been getting Marc to update post #1 as we are going along from the info supplied in this thread - last updated 09 Dec. However, from then, the only additions to go on since will be

Samsung
    LExxC750 - MHEG5 OK
    LExxBxxx - MHEG5 OK when country set to UK

LG
    xxLE3300 - MHEG5 OK

Sony
    xxBX400 - MHEG5 OK
    40EX603U - MHEG5 OK
    32BX300U - MHEG5 OK but NO Thumbnail Pic in MHEG5 Display

Also

LG
    xxLD450 MHEG5 OK

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭jonnygee

Reply to farragan, post 83
    My guess is that you wont get holywell from there, but enquire further into it yourself, ask the aerial installer in moville , it costs nothing to ask.

If your aerial in the attic is working fine for freeview and rte analogue then i would leave it alone, outside gives better reception if needed but attic means less maintenance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

farragan wrote: »
    Thing is, I dont know! I just presumed it was Holywell Hill, but if I cant get Saorview then it must be Moville (according to the limited understanding I have of this). Also as Moville does not appear on the current list of transmitters, that would explain it. I have one attic aerial pointing in the direction of Limavady (UK analogue signals weak since October approx, but digital channels available fine). I am picking up perfect RTE and TG4 analogue reception on the same aerial so I might be pulling in these signals from Moville.

My exact coordinates are Latitude: 55º 17' 38'' N Longitude: 7º 14' 51'' W Would anyone know if I could get Holywell signals from here or will I have to stick with Moville?

Finally would changing this aerial to the outside make much of a difference?

Moville DTT is not on yet afaik. Ch 45 (H) in the summer from what I hear.

Holywell Hill is Channel 30 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Dubluc

Anyone using a Samsung LE32B450C4W or know if it works. Can't seem to get Digital reception. Tried UK settings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Noob question here.. but if you have Sky or UPC packages then "Saorview" wont be offering you anything new ?.. am I right ?..

Just wondering because i just purchased a Saorview compatable TV and I've got full UPC package and i'm wondering am i missing out on anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭FREETV

NeVeR wrote: »
    Noob question here.. but if you have Sky or UPC packages then "Saorview" wont be offering you anything new ?.. am I right ?..

Just wondering because i just purchased a Saorview compatable TV and I've got full UPC package and i'm wondering am i missing out on anything.
    Most of the Saorview Irish stations will be broadcasting in HD in the future before UPC and Sky and as you already have a compatible tv, you may just use it as an extra option, particularily if you would like to view these stations for free in HD or record them or watch them in different rooms. I assume that you have a HD UPC box already? All you may need is a small indoor aerial, an amplifier or a larger uhf aerial in the attic to receive them. Hopefully the proposed and much needed Irish film channel will also go ahead :)

NeVeR wrote: »

yes you are. You will miss out on more in the future

www.saortv.info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

watty wrote: »
    Try UK for Country.

Thanks watty,uk for country gives me mheg5 text.

Advertisement