Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-11-2019, 15:29   #1
Sheehan123

What jobs get what salary?

So by googling online, I’m finding that the average salary for many professions is 40k ish. I know this can’t be true though as that’s what teachers get soon after starting off and their pay is considered ‘bad’. So if you’d like to answer some of these questions I’d be so grateful:
What’s your job and what salary do you have after how many years experience?
How many hours a week do you work and how many weeks holiday do you get?
Also what degree did you do to secure that job?
Thanks a million for the response

Last edited by Sheehan123; 28-11-2019 at 16:08.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-11-2019, 15:35   #2
Notmything

Ok, I'll bite.

Work in a residential unit for children in care. At it 5 years. On roughly 43,000 a year including sleepover. Don't do overtime.

Last edited by Notmything; 28-11-2019 at 15:47.
(2) thanks from:
28-11-2019, 15:38   #3
jobless

male model - i dont get out of bed for at least 10k a day
28-11-2019, 15:38   #4
Eric Cartman

the median salary here is about 43k so it would make sense that many jobs pay that or around that.
(3) thanks from:
28-11-2019, 15:47   #5
Cina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
the median salary here is about 43k so it would make sense that many jobs pay that or around that.
I would imagine Dublin and to a lesser extent Cork skew that though. There's a big disparity in salaries between them and the rest of the country.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
28-11-2019, 15:54   #6
Sheepdish1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheehan123 View Post
So by googling online, I’m finding that the average salary for many professions is 40k ish. I know this can’t be true though as that’s what teachers get soon after starting off and their pay is considered ‘bad’. So if you’d like to answer some of these questions I’d be so grateful:
Post primary teachers don’t get that soon after starting off. A lot are not in permanent contracts so don’t get those wages and many work reduced hours as the full hours aren’t available.
28-11-2019, 15:57   #7
Bob Harris

I get give or take, it works out at about with expenses 140,000 a year and I pay 30.3% tax on that, so it’s about a net 100,000 and out of that 100,000 I run a home in Dublin, Castlebar and Brussels. I wanna tell you something, try it sometime…
(280) thanks from:
20/20, 2smiggy, 5star02707, 6, 893bet, 99nsr125, Addle, Aglomerado, Aisling(",), AmberGold, AndrewJRenko, angel eyes 2012, Arbie, Arghus, ARGINITE, argolis, artanevilla, ArthurG, Atlantic Dawn, Auguste Comte, ballyargus, BandMember, BattleCorp, bauney, bbbaldy, Better Than Christ, Birneybau, bladespin, Blaizes, blindside88, bluewolf, Boards.ie, Bob the Builder, boombang, Brian?, BrianBoru00, brownbinman, BrownFinger, BuboBubo, Bunny Colvin, Cakes and Ale, cal naughton, Candie, Captain Havoc, Car99, Cath54, cdeb, CFlat, chosen1, christy c, Ciaranis, Citroen2cv, Clonmel1000, cocoman, colly10, colm_mcm, Colonel Claptrap, Coopaloop, CPTM, CryanGame, Dónal, Da Optimist, DaaaaaaaaaaN, daheff, Danzy, darced, Dcmb1984, DebDynamite, deisedevil, Don Joe, Don Juan II, Donall.ID.3, Dr. Kenneth Noisewater, dubbrin, duffman13, dulpit, earlyevening, El Weirdo, ELM327, EmptyTree, endacl, enrique66_35, ET_phone_home, eyeball kid, face1990, farawaygrass, fatherted1969, FGR, Field east, Filmer Paradise, FishOnABike, For Forks Sake, frash, Frostybrew, Fuaranach, funnyname, Get Real, gimli2112, gingerhousewife, GingerLily, gmt012, gobo99, gordongekko, grizzlyadams, Grueller, Gyan84, HildaOgdenx, Hockney, howamidifferent, humberklog, hurler97, Icsics, Immortal Starlight, intellectual dosser, irish bloke, IrishKev, Iseedeadpixels, ItAintMeBabe, J.O. Farmer, Jamie2k9, jmayo, JoeCole26, joeysoap, john343, johnnykilo, jos28, josephsoap, jpm4, Jurgen The German, JustJoe7240, KaneToad, KathleenGrant, Kintarō Hattori, kippy, klaz, KNS, L1011, LasersGoPewPew, lawred2, leahyl, letsseehere14, longgonesilver, luckyboy, M5, Mac-Chops, MAJJ, major bill, Mango Joe, marcusgunn, marko93, martingriff, marvin80, Maryanne84, Matthew Gleeson, MAXFANTANA, mcgucc22, Meleftone, Metalpanic, Metric Tensor, mfceiling, mickdw, mikemac2, Millionaire only not, mlem123, mloc123, mojesius, Morby, mosstin, MoyVilla9, Muahahaha, mun1, munster87, Muppet Man, Murt10, MyPeopleDrankTheSoup, MysticalRain, Neames, Noodles81, Notoldorwise, noveltea, Oat23, omicron, Orwellmerchant, outforarun, P.lane78, Padraig Mor, PCX, pg633, PieOhMy, pipelaser, pjohnson, PopePalpatine, promethius, pwurple, Quantum Erasure, queueeye, QuiteInterestin, rafatoni, relax carry on, Rezident, Rikand, Roberto_gas, Ronin247, Rowley Birkin QC, Rows Grower, Rulmeq, Ryaller, saintsaltynuts, Samsgirl, Santan, Sarn, Scribbler100, secondrowgal, seligehgit, ShaneODub, ShaneU, Sheehan123, sheesh, shortie_chik, Sierra Oscar, simonw, Sky King, Snow Garden, soupandpoitin, SpaceRocket, spakman, spectre, sportsfan90, steddyeddy, Still waters, stop, Stovepipe, Suckler, Sugar Free, SuperS54, Tabnabs, Tacitus Kilgore, tayto lover, taytobreath, Tea-a-Maria, teroknor83, TheBoyConor, thedeiseman, Thephantomsmask, thepogues, thereitisgone, TheValeyard, The_Kew_Tour, tigger123, Tileman, Tipsy McSwagger, tmabr, tnegun, topmanamillion, treade1, Treppen, Truckermal, Ulysses Gaze, Ush1, Vegeta, vinnie_cork, voldejoie, Vowel Movement, waterfordgirl, wench, westernfrenzy, WesternZulu, what the hell!, Whocare, winter2019, Witcher, Witchie, wowy, xalot, yermandan, Zadkiel, zillion, Zimmerframe, Zulu, _feedback_
28-11-2019, 16:01   #8
Clareman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheehan123 View Post
So someone with an honours degree and a hdip together with expierence in the field is now considered the bottom of the curve for salary expectations?
Thanks from:
28-11-2019, 16:01   #9
Inquitus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Harris View Post
I get give or take, it works out at about with expenses 140,000 a year and I pay 30.3% tax on that, so it’s about a net 100,000 and out of that 100,000 I run a home in Dublin, Castlebar and Brussels. I wanna tell you something, try it sometime…
Why do you include expenses may I ask? My work requires me to travel extensively and refunds me the cost of all said travel, I assume yours does the same. It is not the same as renumeration as I am only cliaming these expenses due to work requirements to be in X country for X weeks.
Advertisement
28-11-2019, 16:05   #10
howamidifferent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inquitus View Post
Why do you include expenses may I ask? My work requires me to travel extensively and refunds me the cost of all said travel, I assume yours does the same. It is not the same as renumeration as I am only cliaming these expenses due to work requirements to be in X country for X weeks.
Woosh!!!!!!
(193) thanks from:
2smiggy, 4goneConclusion, 5star02707, 6, 893bet, 99nsr125, A2LUE42, ActingDanClark, Aglomerado, Aisling(",), AndrewJRenko, angel eyes 2012, Arghus, argolis, Auguste Comte, baby and crumble, BandMember, BattleCorp, Better Than Christ, Big Nasty, blindside88, BnB, Bob Harris, boombang, BrianBoru00, bubblypop, BuboBubo, Bunny Colvin, cal naughton, champchamp, chosen1, CiaranIRE, Ciaranis, Citroen2cv, Colonel Claptrap, Coopaloop, CPTM, daheff, Danzy, Dav010, DebDynamite, deisedevil, dexter647, Dj Stiggie, dubrov, duffman13, dulpit, ElChe32, ELM327, el_gaucho, EmptyTree, endacl, Essien, ET_phone_home, eyeball kid, Father Hernandez, FGR, FishOnABike, For Forks Sake, Fuaranach, Get Real, gingerhousewife, gordongekko, grizzlyadams, Gyan84, Hoboo, Hogzy, Hunchback, Hunky Monster, Immortal Starlight, irish bloke, irishgrover, Iseedeadpixels, ItAintMeBabe, James Bond Junior, joeysoap, john343, johnnykilo, josephsoap, K.Flyer, KaneToad, KatW4, Kevin Irving, Kintarō Hattori, kippy, klaz, lawred2, leahyl, letsseehere14, Macker1, marcusgunn, Mark Rippetoe, mark_jmc, martingriff, marvin80, MAXFANTANA, mayordenis, Meleftone, Mellow Yellow 26.2, Metalpanic, Metric Tensor, mfceiling, Michellenman, Midnight_EG, mikemac2, mlem123, mloc123, MonkieSocks, Morby, Mrs OBumble, Muahahaha, munster87, Muppet Man, murphk, MyPeopleDrankTheSoup, NDWC, Neames, Negative_G, Nekarsulm, NewCorkLad, nihicib2, Noodles81, NSAman, o1s1n, outforarun, Padre_Pio, parttime, paulkeno, pawrick, PCeeeee, PCX, Penfailed, pinkyeye, pipelaser, pjohnson, PopePalpatine, promethius, purpleisafruit, Quantum Erasure, queueeye, Radiant Cool Crazy Nightmare, rameire, relax carry on, Rikand, Roberto_gas, roosterman71, Rowley Birkin QC, Rows Grower, Rulmeq, RunRoryRun, Samsgirl, Santan, Season 2, seligehgit, shamrock55, ShaneU, Sierra Oscar, silent_spark, Sky King, Snotty, SpaceRocket, Squidgy Black, steddyeddy, Still waters, stiofan85, Suckler, Sugar Free, SuperS54, sweetmaggie, Taylor365, tayto lover, taytobreath, Tea-a-Maria, Teebor15, Tell me how, TheBoyConor, thedeiseman, Thephantomsmask, TheValeyard, timetogo1, tippingpoint, tnegun, topmanamillion, Vowel Movement, wench, westernfrenzy, WesternZulu, Whocare, Witcher, wowy, yabadabado, yesto24, Zulu
28-11-2019, 16:06   #11
sportsfan90

Quote:
I think you missed the joke there.
28-11-2019, 16:07   #12
ted1

Quote:
Are you on per diem or receipts ?
28-11-2019, 16:08   #13
Midlife crisis man

2 undergrad degrees, training as an accountant on €31k per year and a 4 hour daily commute.
28-11-2019, 16:09   #14
ActingDanClark

Quote:
Are you from......mayo?
28-11-2019, 16:10   #15
Squatman

Quote:
thats a well paid job
(4) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion