Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What jobs get what salary?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I earn €70k plus 10% annual bonus + free healthcare for the family + free broadband + free phone + 8% pension contribution.

Don't have a leaving cert and worked my way up to this over 35 years in various IT roles. Doing better than some but much worse than others... :)

Semi-state?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Semi-state?

Nope, American mutlinational.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Ludikrus

Pharmacist with 6 years exp €94,000

Seems high. Community pharmacy?

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

Ludikrus wrote: »
    Seems high. Community pharmacy?

Yep. Managing Pharmacist in an Irish Chain

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

On the dole 6 kids - salary of 80k per annum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

On the dole 6 kids - salary of 80k per annum

Is your first name Jeff?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭onrail

4 year degree, 1 year MSc, 8 years experience = £40,000 (based in NI as a consulting engineer.)

Hard not to be a small bit bitter after seeing some of the stuff written here!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,214 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

onrail wrote: »
    4 year degree, 1 year MSc, 8 years experience = £40,000 (based in NI as a consulting engineer.)

Hard not to be a small bit bitter after seeing some of the stuff written here!

Don't believe the half of it.

It would mean that our poor public servants are extremely underpaid by comparison if this thread is to be believed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

blanch152 wrote: »

It would mean that our poor public servants are extremely underpaid by comparison if this thread is to be believed.

I did a consultancy piece of work to review a public sector IT department 2 years ago. At junior levels they are paid ~50% more than private sector, about equal for mid management/technical and there was no comparison for senior positions, the private sector reverses the balance to 50%+.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

What’s your job and what salary do you have after how many years experience?

My title is Engagement Director in IT but the real job is "Corporate Fixer", I basically make our bad customer relationships healthy. Basic salary is 107k, 50% Bonus, 14k car allowance plus 70k restricted stock yearly. I am 16 years in IT.

How many hours a week do you work and how many weeks holiday do you get?

Between 10 & 60 depending on the time of year, I can go 2 or 3 weeks with no meaningful work but then have really busy periods. All our customers are overseas so lots of travel. I get 35 days a year PTO not including public holidays.

Also what degree did you do to secure that job?

I have no degree or real qualifications, I do have 15 years experience in the military that set me up with a unique "soft" skill set to solve problems that I utilise.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭randomspud

krissovo wrote: »

My title is Engagement Director in IT but the real job is "Corporate Fixer", I basically make our bad customer relationships healthy. Basic salary is 107k, 50% Bonus, 14k car allowance plus 70k restricted stock yearly. I am 16 years in IT.

Between 10 & 60 depending on the time of year, I can go 2 or 3 weeks with no meaningful work but then have really busy periods. All our customers are overseas so lots of travel. I get 35 days a year PTO not including public holidays.

I have no degree or real qualifications, I do have 15 years experience in the military that set me up with a unique "soft" skill set to solve problems that I utilise.

This is just a synopsis of the plot of the TV show "Ray Donovan".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

blanch152 wrote: »

Salaries all seem fairly realistic based on my experience of people in high level private sector jobs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭Salary Negotiator

krissovo wrote: »

I work with an ex-SAS officer who does a similar role in our company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Wouldn't believe much of what is written here but if its true then we have the true key to wealth all figured out.
    Set up an anonymous boards.ie account and just watch the money roll in!
    Can't believe people get a kick out of fake jobs, fake salaries and fake usernames on boards. Who are you trying to impress?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

I work in position where I get to see how much a large amount of people earn.

Either boards has a very high percentage of the top earners or there's a lot of bull**** being typed here

There's probabky an element of selection going on too. Those on a good salary are much more likely to be forthright about it.

Im saying nothing 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Applied & Interviewed for a job recently.

Medical Device Company, working as product builder. No qualifications required. Starts at €30,000 - €39,000 depending on shift.

I applied with no manufacturing experience, for the shift with salary of €39,000...it'll be almost €15,000 more a year than my previous job.

Had a few buddies within financial sector with stressful jobs on less than €26,000 a year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭PCeeeee

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Applied & Interviewed for a job recently.

Medical Device Company, working as product builder. No qualifications required. Starts at €30,000 - €39,000 depending on shift.

I applied with no manufacturing experience, for the shift with salary of €39,000...it'll be almost €15,000 more a year than my previous job.

Had a few buddies within financial sector with stressful jobs on less than €26,000 a year

19 quid an hour assuming 39 hours. Not bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

PCeeeee wrote: »
    There's probabky an element of selection going on too. Those on a good salary are much more likely to be forthright about it.

Im saying nothing 😂

I worked as financial advisor for 3 years and was privvy to every aspect of people's finances and after meeting approx 2 people every day (2 couples mostly so up to 4 people a day) I can categorically state that the posts here are extremely unrepresentative of what people earn. Most people I met had pensions, mortgages college funds, life insurance so we are not talking about people that were struggling.

In 3 years I met 2 or 3 people with the kind of figures being bandied about here. The vast, vast majority of people I met, generally between 30 and 45 years of age were in the 40-60k bracket.
    The only ones outside that were a few very strong IT lads and a couple in financial services.

It's the reason houses built for the masses around Dublin are priced in the 350 to 450k bracket.... 2 salaries x 3.5 times lending limits tops out at...... You do the maths.

Don't believe any of the tripe being written here.
    They're anonymous boards posters. Ask any of your friends or family what they earn and they won't tell you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭lsjmhar

Bob Harris wrote:
    I get give or take, it works out at about with expenses 140,000 a year and I pay 30.3% tax on that, so it’s about a net 100,000 and out of that 100,000 I run a home in Dublin, Castlebar and Brussels. I wanna tell you something, try it sometime…

Classic 😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

PCeeeee wrote: »
    19 quid an hour assuming 39 hours. Not bad.

Its a 40 hour week(including breaks), so really 35 hours work...overtime is typically available everyday if i want it too...at double time:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Philo62

Geuze wrote: »
    Wages are always quoted gross.

The 12th point on the scale is 51,312

Really awful that teachers have to pay tax etc, they should be exempt get it back when they go on holidays for 3 months LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 624 ✭✭✭arccosh

Won't comment on what I am on now, but before I left Ireland

Telecoms Technician
    €30k with progression to 38k over 4 years.
    8-5 Mon - Fri telecoms job on the road
    lots of overtime, I hear some of the guys are clearing €50-60k+ at the moment, but they're working for it (6-7 long days)
    Pension was 6% if I remember correctly
    20 days holidays

Left due to lack of opportunities to progress, it was a very "Dave has that job already" type place.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

IT support 48k or there about

Pretty happy, lots of annual leave good work life balance

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

I'm aiming to live my best life, a life of long term unemployment, with the way automation is coming for us it could be viable. Do you really blame me when the only jobs I could get with my autism and mental health are £15k a year? There is also a serious problem with motivation when you are a single man with no children, in many ways having no children is unnatural because that is what is supposed to drive a human to work, that is what our ancestors worked for. There is no motivation there for me.

1000px-Lol11.png

600px-NEET_Poem.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,825 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I'm aiming to live my best life, a life of long term unemployment, with the way automation is coming for us it could be viable. Do you really blame me when the only jobs I could get with my autism and mental health are £15k a year? There is also a serious problem with motivation when you are a single man with no children, in many ways having no children is unnatural because that is what is supposed to drive a human to work, that is what our ancestors worked for. There is no motivation there for me.

1000px-Lol11.png

600px-NEET_Poem.jpg
    Two incomprehensible "comics" from an incels wiki? Well I'm convinced.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Liberta Per Gli Ultra

I'm aiming to live my best life, a life of long term unemployment, with the way automation is coming for us it could be viable.

"Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether they could that they didn’t stop to think if they should."

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

"Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether they could that they didn’t stop to think if they should."

Its not just the scientific community driving automation and the advancement of technology

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Liberta Per Gli Ultra

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    Its not just the scientific community driving automation and the advancement of technology

I agree, the quote was aimed at a certain type of thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,808 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I agree, the quote was aimed at a certain type of thinking.

You d have to think, are we truly capable of preventing annihilation of our species

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭CosmicFool

50k plus overtime and bonuses. Can come out max 80k but usually aroung the 60/65k as don't do a whole pile of overtime. Well known medical device company.

Advertisement