Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Random video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭allybhoy

cobraeire wrote: »
    just put it on usb from the ps4,after making it on sharefactory,just go to gallery from there you can put it to usb(might take a while)then put it on your desktop and upload it from there :D

I use a slightly different method, i upload to facebook, set to private, then download from facebook, edit and re-upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

BordorFox wrote: »
    No it makes perfect sense, private servers have to be unranked, so you can't score from shooting someone so why show the point feed?

I don't mean strange as a concept but it is totally strange playing without the score feed... all they have to do is keep it the same as a prompt but remove the points.

Also in BF3 I am fairly sure unranked servers had points in the games but those points didn't log to your account - that is way better.

Random video

Are all those editing options on ShareFactory? I am impressed, I never even clicked on Sharefactory...cool.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Yeah I joined that round on Hainen Resort(and your squad) after it had started, didn't realize they stole our chopper. I'd be of the same mind as BordorFox regarding stealing choppers though. If they ain't using it, I'm gonna take it. There's enough players in a 32v32 to deal with a chopper if they get too annoying. Even a 5 man squad can easily take it out if they decide they want to. I did manage to take them out twice with my SMAW though :D
    I personally warned that guy in the mobile artillery on our team to move outta the deployment area but as BordorFox says, the admin powers are horrendously limited. Couldn't kick the guy, could only ban him outright from the server and I had to quit the game to do it. Kinda destroys the game for the admins if they have to keep joining and quitting their own server just to do what should be bog standard admin duties.
    You went to town with that shotgun by the way, kudos :)

Ah I don't know about that, man. When does it cross the line? Playing to jump out over an enemies spawn to steal their air vehicles is shoddy to put it kindly. IF and only if in turn you're stealing their chopper because your one was stolen I can understand, but other than that.. there's really no excuse concerning vehicle spawn stealing.

I'd have certainly would have hopped into the chopper had I died once or twice more. Their chopper was up for ages though, and nobody was taking that chopper down given where in the map it was mostly and the two guys repairing it.

Regarding the rest, it's understandable I suppose. I've never owned a server and have no intention in doing so given DICE being idiots, so I'm unaware of what is is available or in this case, how limited admin are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

cobraeire wrote: »
    A small test RPG montage

very nice

How do you guys feel about turning Commander Mode off on the server? It kinda unbalances things when there is only one Commander playing. Playing on Zavod last night we were getting Cruise missiles dropped on our heads and UAVs were giving away our positions at all times. I like to be sneaky with a suppressor but with UAV spam by a Commander then thats impossible.

Ravenholm wrote: »
    very nice

How do you guys feel about turning Commander Mode off on the server? It kinda unbalances things when there is only one Commander playing. Playing on Zavod last night we were getting Cruise missiles dropped on our heads and UAVs were giving away our positions at all times. I like to be sneaky with a suppressor but with UAV spam by a Commander then thats impossible.

Agree 100%, Commander is absolutely stupid...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Ah I don't know about that, man. When does it cross the line? Playing to jump out over an enemies spawn to steal their air vehicles is shoddy to put it kindly. IF and only if in turn you're stealing their chopper because your one was stolen I can understand, but other than that.. there's really no excuse concerning vehicle spawn stealing.

Oh I agree completely, playing specifically to steal from enemy spawn is a proper douche move. Genuinely don't think I've ever taken a vehicle from the enemy base in BF4. Once they're in bounds though, I'll take anything and everything they're not using. Whether that be abandoned vehicles or flag spawns.
    The point I was trying to make, albeit poorly, was that however the enemy choose to play the game, there'll always be enough guys to deal with it. If they wanna steal from our spawn or be underhanded then so be it. Didn't help them much anyway :D.
    As I joined the round late I didn't really notice the chopper being that much of a nuisance. If he was hammering me for a while , I probably would've just switched to recon with the PLD and helped our engineers. The other 3 guys in our squad were in a party chat with me so we could've easily coordinated taking down the chopper if need be. Unfortunately it meant we couldn't communicate with you though.

Ravenholm wrote: »
    very nice

Yeah it's been brought up here before............by me :)...............I despise Commander Mode. I know it does have its uses occasionally, like having a supply crate on the flag so you change kits to deal with armour etc. Some of the squad perks can be very helpful, the quick redeploy for instance. I just think the constant UAV & gunship spam can cripple the round. Especially when the Gunship constantly batters the flag stopping you taking it back, and it's only got a 4 second cool down before it can be redeployed. Factor in most players haven't a clue how to actually be effective as a Commander, they rarely communicate with squad leaders and will normally favour the guy that simply accepts orders just for the points regardless of how well his squad are actually performing. Besides all that though........it can be handy

Good craic on the server last night with obliteration, only played a few rounds but really enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

allybhoy wrote: »
    Good craic on the server last night with obliteration, only played a few rounds but really enjoyed it.

Yeah, first time I ever tried obliteration. Frantic and non-stop action. Great craic. Will definitely be giving it another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭brady12

Hi lads . Player on ps4. Myself and my cousin play regular enough but we were effective as two man team before but now we find we getting out gunned by bigger squads working together. He is a decent sniper . I'm an engineer who loves making **** of enemy vehicles. Willing to change class and take orders if it means being part of an effective team. Anyone care take us in?or how we go about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

brady12 wrote: »
    Hi lads . Player on ps4. Myself and my cousin play regular enough but we were effective as two man team before but now we find we getting out gunned by bigger squads working together. He is a decent sniper . I'm an engineer who loves making **** of enemy vehicles. Willing to change class and take orders if it means being part of an effective team. Anyone care take us in?or how we go about it?

You can join up here;

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/7565896021935389562/

Just change your tags to IRL and keep as active platoon. You can use the IRL clan emblem if you like. In the meantime put up yer PSN ID's here and we can all add you. Cheers and welcome! :-)

Totally agree; a brilliant game mode sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I am sorry for the gameplay quality of this video.
    Please forgive my horrible ending skills.
    This is just 2 quick clips that I thought I would share as they were very funny last night.

The first is a cruise missile that came into contact with my head and the second is when I dodged a quad bike destined for BorderFox.

Also to whoever was asking last night. The end of the game unlocks are as follows:
    OQZ-951 - Don't give the C4
    P90 - Hannah
    M249 - Irish

You can join up here;

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/7565896021935389562/

Just change your tags to IRL and keep as active platoon. You can use the IRL clan emblem if you like. In the meantime put up yer PSN ID's here and we can all add you. Cheers and welcome! :-)
    My psn Id is evo81987.. I will do that later so when I get home. I probably be on tonight if anyone wants play

Yeah, first time I ever tried obliteration. Frantic and non-stop action. Great craic. Will definitely be giving it another go.

It was ridiculous how much action there was on Zavod. Always seemed to be caught in the middle of somebodies gun fight, it was great. Could probably do with a few more transport vehicles on the larger maps though. Every now and then I would get stranded a significant distance from either the bomb or the objectives and just have to hoof it.
    Had a great moment in the final game last night with XtraFalcon. We spent almost the entire round just dicking about and didn't even notice when they set the bomb to level the score. All of a sudden we noticed them tearing towers our base with the bomb. I was on a quad bike with another teammate and we managed to chase them down and kill the 2 guys while I disarmed the bomb. Hopped back on the quad and flanked them to set the bomb. Killed the only player on their whole team that even tried to come back to defend. Bomb went off with 9 seconds left in the round and we won 2-1 :D

Funniest part of the whole night was that on our team on Dawnbreaker that successfully fought for, and took the bomb only to run straight back to OUR objectives like a boss..................twice....:D

Forgot to add this; changes to Obliteration from the CTE

I use a slightly different method, i upload to facebook, set to private, then download from facebook, edit and re-upload.

your video doesn't work

just applied join platoon there

• Advertisement

brady12 wrote: »
    just applied join platoon there

Added you there, welcome to the Platoon. :D

As for any of you asking for "No Commander"

There are 4 Setting Presets on Custom servers.

- Official
    - Unranked
    - Ranked
    - Private

The "No Commander" option is only available once the server is ranked or unranked or private.

It is not available in "Official" Presets.

This means if we want no commander, we lose all players joining from Quick match so we're at more of a loss than commander.

This is again sign of how pathetic the rent a server program is from DICE/EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

- Official
    - Unranked
    - Ranked
    - Private

The "No Commander" option is only available once the server is ranked or unranked or private.

This means if we want no commander, we lose all players joining from Quick match so we're at more of a loss than commander.

That's a shame, I wonder how many players actually join via the quick match option. I've never used it myself, I'd always go through server search before joining any match.

That's a shame, I wonder how many players actually join via the quick match option. I've never used it myself, I'd always go through server search before joining any match.

The squad up beta feature though uses quick matches now so a lot of players use that i think

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

For most people especially in groups the preferred method is Server Browser but there's generally the people who come by themselves and they use quick join.

You get more groups of people joining from the server browser but you get people more frequently joining from quick join if that makes sense.

- Official
    - Unranked
    - Ranked
    - Private

Good summary.

Some balls eh?

I messaged a server owner asking would he increase the ticket count on Rush matches and he said he would but doing so would move it to a ranked and if that happens you lose players from quick match (so he wouldnt change it)

mozattack wrote: »
    Good summary.

Some balls eh?

I messaged a server owner asking would he increase the ticket count on Rush matches and he said he would but doing so would move it to a ranked and if that happens you lose players from quick match (so he wouldnt change it)

Yeah, any modification to the server automatically removes it from the official category and removes the server from the quick match queue meaning the server won't fill with us playing or when we're not, we may have 50+ members on the platoon but we're lucky to have 10-15 on at the same time so we need players from quick match really unless it's a closed clan match.

This is pretty stupid if you ask me, it just puts more pressure on the official servers and really needs to be changed, same with myself and admins having to leave everytime we have to make a change.

On another note... I got a message from a person today asking if we wanted to join a "Ultimate 32 Team Tournament" Hosted by StrategicGamingHQ. So far there is 29 teams signed up and he wanted to know if we wanted to take part as there is 3 slots left for teams. It's Rush and Obliteration 16 v 16 games and set to start in June 21st.

Are you interested in doing this?

Let me know.

oh and ...

W9TcVQq.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Yeah, any modification to the server automatically removes it from the official category and removes the server from the quick match queue meaning the server won't fill with us playing or when we're not, we may have 50+ members on the platoon but we're lucky to have 10-15 on at the same time so we need players from quick match really unless it's a closed clan match.

This is pretty stupid if you ask me, it just puts more pressure on the official servers and really needs to be changed, same with myself and admins having to leave everytime we have to make a change.

On another note... I got a message from a person today asking if we wanted to join a "Ultimate 32 Team Tournament" Hosted by StrategicGamingHQ. So far there is 29 teams signed up and he wanted to know if we wanted to take part as there is 3 slots left for teams. It's Rush and Obliteration 16 v 16 games and set to start in June 21st.

Are you interested in doing this?

Let me know.

oh and ...

W9TcVQq.jpg

The first screenshots were leaked on Neogaf back in March iirc, couple of lads on the base of steps outside a bank, being the second BF game from Visceral it could be alright, or it could be pants, jury's out!

We will know more in June anyhow...

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    The first screenshots were leaked on Neogaf back in March iirc, couple of lads on the base of steps outside a bank, being the second BF game from Visceral it could be alright, or it could be pants, jury's out!

We will know more in June anyhow...

Well visceral worked on bf4 with dice, so they've had some bf knowledge already and being a EA studio it has full access to DICE and the Frostbite engine.

Advertisement