Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

I played 2 quick rounds on the server and I got hate mail after a guy *killed me*.

You'd swear he's after killing Thor or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I played 2 quick rounds on the server and I got hate mail after a guy *killed me*.

You'd swear he's after killing Thor or something.

hah!, you should see the messages i get been down as the server renter, there are some quite weird individuals in this world i tell yah lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

BordorFox wrote: »
    Well visceral worked on bf4 with dice, so they've had some bf knowledge already and being a EA studio it has full access to DICE and the Frostbite engine.

On closer inspection the so called "screenshots" I saw were actually lifted from this video, see the 1:31 mark, for a Kickstarter that never got off the ground...

Police warfare: http://youtu.be/kRrkw8HYXJE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

Fieldog wrote: »
    On closer inspection the so called "screenshots" I saw were actually lifted from this video, see the 1:31 mark, for a Kickstarter that never got off the ground...

Police warfare: http://youtu.be/kRrkw8HYXJE

I'd say that was the point were EA stepped in, paid the dollars and took the IP and handed it to visceral.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

"being the second BF game from Visceral"; what was the first one?

Was playing on a 400% 64 player Rush server... was great fun, actually very close, defence and attack shared the spoils.

Anyone use the M4... kinda it very difficult to use, the recoil makes hitting 4/5 shots in two burst from mid-range very hard. Will keep plugging away though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

mozattack wrote: »
    Anyone use the M4... kinda it very difficult to use, the recoil makes hitting 4/5 shots in two burst from mid-range very hard. Will keep plugging away though
    Yeah I used it while going for the American Classics dog tag. Needed 100 kills with it, stopped at 112. Just couldn't get used to it. I just don't like burst fire guns at all. I found I was under-killing or over-killing a lot of the time. I'd turn to engage somebody else thinking the first guy would drop, forgetting to finish the burst. Or I'd just put too many rounds at a guy and run out very quick. Not to mention that if you slightly miss time the trigger pull you completely ruin the RPM. Found the M16A4 easier for some reason, maybe the slighter increased damage model, but I still don't like it. I'm probably using them wrong, but I can't really think of a situation where I've thought a burst fire weapon would've saved me. There's better options for close, medium and long range so I just don't see the attraction.

"being the second BF game from Visceral"; what was the first one?

I thought 1942 was done by Visceral, I appear to be wrong, it was Dead Space, I knew it was an EA game of some sort though....

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

Visceral worked on Battlefield 4 with DICE SWE and DICE LA.

So technically this would be their second Battlefield game.

I would be interested in SWAT, although I wonder what the player count will be and the mechanics/appearance of BF would have to stay in place broadly speaking anyway...

I would be interested in SWAT, although I wonder what the player count will be and the mechanics/appearance of BF would have to stay in place broadly speaking anyway...

I'll wait until the game is released for six months before I'll even consider buying it.

• Advertisement

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I'll wait until the game is released for six months before I'll even consider buying it.

I even feel the same about Battlefront, they won't be getting my moneys for at least a while after release so I know the game actually works....

I'd rather sell my panties on ebay rather than buy another battlefield game at launch.

cobraeire wrote: »
    I'd rather sell my panties on ebay rather than buy another battlefield game at launch.

4c64e1d679c45394d68b08e4e773e624_zpsyrevptcs.jpg
    ^^Nah, you keep them scaly things to yourself :D

ahh dermot you wanker.....leave you alone for ten minutes and your hacking into my account bitch,well its not my fault you walk into my knife :)

4c64e1d679c45394d68b08e4e773e624_zpsyrevptcs.jpg
    ^^Nah, you keep them scaly things to yourself :D

thats to much material for me darren,i only do men thongs :)

ahh dermot you wanker.....leave you alone for ten minutes and your hacking into my account bitch,well its not my fault you walk into my knife :)

cR5TX.gif

thats to much material for me darren,i only do men thongs :)

The mental image of that trouserCobra of yours in a thong will now haunt the minds of many a member here......

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Yeah, errr... blame the drink for that brain fart in that last game :pac:

Fieldog wrote: »
    I even feel the same about Battlefront, they won't be getting my moneys for at least a while after release so I know the game actually works....

Less keen on this game, really not into all that lasers crap... we will see, maybe.

FACT: Obliteration sucks when your team is losing badly, it is SO frustrating. I can cope losing other games fine, no problem at all, but I find Obliteration so damn annoying when being hammered :(

• Advertisement

FACT: Obliteration sucks when your team is losing badly, it is SO frustrating. I can cope losing other games fine, no problem at all, but I find Obliteration so damn annoying when being hammered :(

I found that unless you're in a squad using chat, there is very little teamwork in Obliteration. Random guys running around going for kills and completely ignoring the bomb itself

According to this article here on a German site with one of the Dice dev's, consoles will get the next gen tickrate patch - even the 360 and PS3 by the sounds of it, translate is your friend :

http://www.battlefield-inside.de/2014/05/battlefield-4-qa-mit-david-sirland-auf-den-esl-one-finals/

I am loving this:

"Rush game mode should be better
    The Rush game mode has Battlefield Bad Company 2, which David Sirland has enjoyed playing, a great success. Sirland but also acknowledges that the implementation is implemented at the Vanilla Maps of Battlefield 4 partially unbalanced. So you will keep working in future updates to provide more coverage options and to lay goals."

I am loving this:

"Rush game mode should be better
    The Rush game mode has Battlefield Bad Company 2, which David Sirland has enjoyed playing, a great success. Sirland but also acknowledges that the implementation is implemented at the Vanilla Maps of Battlefield 4 partially unbalanced. So you will keep working in future updates to provide more coverage options and to lay goals."

Gotta be honest, it wouldn't take a huge change to Rush to make it decent again. Some of the maps are so unbalanced it's hilarious though.
    On Golmund the attackers get 3 tanks, a scout helicopter and a jeep. Defenders only get the 1 tank and can be swamped very very easily. They also lose all armour on the 4th set of Mcoms and if the attackers play smart, they could still have all 3 tanks up. On Hainen Resort, the Attack Boat is absolutely useless on the second set of Mcoms(if you can keep it alive that is) but it can be a great help for the 3rd set. It doesn't spawn again after the 1st set is destroyed though. So if you wanna help your team later in the game, you gotta camp it out and just hope they can arm the second set. Doesn't seem very well thought out.
    Naval Strike Rush is just outright broke in my opinion. There can be a huge distance between the spawn and the Mcom stations and considering it's mostly water, the lack of transport vehicles can be crippling. Also, the fact that neither the PWDs nor the RHIBs have any countermeasures means they get picked off very quickly. I'd gladly give up 1 boat in exchange for another transport chopper, that way you could at least try parachute out on the land and set up your assault. It would provide decent fire power and a mobile spawn point as well.
    If DICE were to simply redistribute some of the vehicles it would go a long way to help balance the game mode. I wouldn't complain about a slightly increased player/ticket count either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭allybhoy

You got me with a nice Magnum headshot though lastnight that shud have made that game alone worth playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

Anyone looking for a first or second platoon consider TAG ''ISP'' Name ''1st Support Platoon'' Just started by a mainly Irish Clan the ''4th Infantry Battalion'' Mic's would be a plus but not necessary. Active most nights with 1-2 Squads in Game. Battlelog and psn ''AndyTW1990''

3007440446945568927.png?v=1401212598

Anyone looking for a first or second platoon consider TAG ''ISP'' Name ''1st Support Platoon'' Just started by a mainly Irish Clan the ''4th Infantry Battalion'' Mic's would be a plus but not necessary. Active most nights with 1-2 Squads in Game. Battlelog and psn ''AndyTW1990''

3007440446945568927.png?v=1401212598

nope not looking for another clan though we wouldn`t mind kick you and your boys up and down the battlefield in a game of conquest if yis like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

nope not looking for another clan though we wouldn`t mind kick you and your boys up and down the battlefield in a game of conquest if yis like :D

Lets set a date. Friday suit

• Advertisement

Lets set a date. Friday suit

Ha ha, well that escalated quickly :)

Advertisement