Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bf4 clans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

How do you join "The Clan" can I just find ye on Blog or does someone have to add me?

GT = Untypical_Mare

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭cobraeire

PlainP wrote: »
    How do you join "The Clan" can I just find ye on Blog or does someone have to add me?

GT = Untypical_Mare

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/7565896021935389562/

you have an invite to the clan already,you just have to except it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

cobraeire wrote: »
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/platoons/view/7565896021935389562/

you have an invite to the clan already,you just have to except it.

Done...thanks :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

I know some of you mentioned you never played the earlier Battlefield games so i thought i'd share this video with you.

This is a rundown of all previous battlefield games with footage.

BordorFox wrote: »
    I know some of you mentioned you never played the earlier Battlefield games so i thought i'd share this video with you.

This is a rundown of all previous battlefield games with footage.

Out of all of them i`d pick bad company 2 :)

• Advertisement

This is the difference to the new screen shake reduction currently in the CTE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭paul_booth_fan

Anyone else have problems trying to join or create party chats tonight?
    Joined one but couldn't hear a thing then set 2 up but couldn't invite anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭allybhoy

well lads, how did the clan matches go? Who was playing etc? Heard the italians won but handily enough but thats all. What was the problem, were they more skillful or better organised or what?

allybhoy wrote: »
    well lads, how did the clan matches go? Who was playing etc? Heard the italians won but handily enough but thats all. What was the problem, were they more skillful or better organised or what?

I'd put it down to them been close quarter COD boys, We're not used to playing domination, not to mention most players not showing up lol

But they were a decent team, they worked together, we didn't and paid the piper.

I'd put it down to them been close quarter COD boys, We're not used to playing domination, not to mention most players not showing up lol

But they were a decent team, they worked together, we didn't and paid the piper.

Ah well, at least it was a learning experience. Did you learn much from the way they played? Like did they all run the same kit or what. Did anyone record the games?

In BF3 when i played clan matches in a 4 man clan 3ran as medic with defibs, medbag and a decent assault rifle, back then it was the M16A3 so for BF4 id probably go Ace23, , Scar - H. AEK971 in that order.

the last person ran with support to supply ammo and the odd time they would switch to recon to put down a spawn beacon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Ravenholm

They kicked our arse with better tactics and proper team play. In our defence, i think we all felt around half a second behind the action maybe due to higher pings on our side. Lost way too many 50/50 battles.

But yeah, I we do clan battles then we need to practice :P

Ravenholm wrote: »
    They kicked our arse with better tactics and proper team play. In our defence, i think we all felt around half a second behind the action maybe due to higher pings on our side. Lost way too many 50/50 battles.

But yeah, I we do clan battles then we need to practice :P

How about we try and organise weekly inter-clan matches to get a bit of practice for when we go up against other teams. Pick a day and time once a week, say 9pm \ 10pm on a certain day midweek where we all try and log on and play against each other on the IRL server. Set it to private so only we can join. We can play domination \ TDM \SQDM if the player count is low

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I think the ping thing is a little bit of an excuse - lets be honest, they were way better than us to be honest but that's life, who knows how many battles they've had before? (anyone have a link to them on battlelog so I can see their stats?).

DOM is ****e though, good when really bored or you have 15 minutes or maybe want to use a shotgun but I think any mode whereby all players HAVE to be assault class is flawed. Yes there are some merit in being recon maybe for motion balls but try thinking that when you kill a guy (or two) and see them insta-revived. Annoying

Me thinks Rush would be good for clan battles cos even when hammered you always have a chance in defending in Mcomm... it keeps the battle going until the end.

Also, a major problem for me was playing in a private server because when you killed someone the kill feed or score didn't scroll up on the screen. This may sound trivial but it was hard knowing if a guy was down - this is a big problem on multiple targets. Granted it is the same problem for everyone but it wrecked my head.

mozattack wrote: »
    I think the ping thing is a little bit of an excuse - lets be honest, they were way better than us to be honest but that's life, who knows how many battles they've had before? (anyone have a link to them on battlelog so I can see their stats?).

DOM is ****e though, good when really bored or you have 15 minutes or maybe want to use a shotgun but I think any mode whereby all players HAVE to be assault class is flawed. Yes there are some merit in being recon maybe for motion balls but try thinking that when you kill a guy (or two) and see them insta-revived. Annoying

Me thinks Rush would be good for clan battles cos even when hammered you always have a chance in defending in Mcomm... it keeps the battle going until the end.

Also, a major problem for me was playing in a private server because when you killed someone the kill feed or score didn't scroll up on the screen. This may sound trivial but it was hard knowing if a guy was down - this is a big problem on multiple targets. Granted it is the same problem for everyone but it wrecked my head.

Agreed, but in reality your never going to have 32 lads on at the same time so playing conquest is impossible for a clan match. I think Rush is irrelevant in BF4 because of commanders and low ticket count. For Clan matches this might be different but with rush being attack vs defence its not really suited to clan matches IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

I think the ping thing is a little bit of an excuse - lets be honest, they were way better than us to be honest but that's life, who knows how many battles they've had before?

I don't like losing but to a good team its not a problem. You learn more in defeat than you do winning. But these guys, most of them, were complete d***s. Especially on Dawnbreaker, all of them were head glitching over by Flag C. It was pretty pathetic imho.

The ping for me was pretty terrible, only a 1 bar connection to the server (its never usually that bad) and I lost a ton of 1v1's, or more accurate 1v4's. I put a full clip into at least two of their players a couple of times and they didn't drop but instead killed me with a couple of bullets.

Overall though they did seem to be running as medics, and all had similar assault weapon too. I never ran into one or two of them on their own, there were always at least 4 of them together so maybe this is something we could practice as well, staying together with your squad.

The servers in general are a pain and DICE/EA have made them useless to most effect.

If you set the server to private, it has to be unranked so kill points and death feed on screen is not present.

In the game of domination it kept throwing their team on our side, i spent most the first 45 mins trying to get players in for our side or moving theirs, was annoying as hell and i had only got home from work at the time.

The server balancing system will only allow for a difference of +1 outside of the squad joining so it messes up too.

You can only restart the server when it's empty, that's useful...not.

You can't manually kick a player, only ban it seems.

64 player conquest keeps breaking n going back to 44 players, just this morning i had to fix it again by forcing a restart when our server was empty, it's full at time of this post.

I was sorta blue in the face asking for revives during the clan match and ended up leaving support n using medic just to revive others, they were mostly if not all medics and revived and dropped medic bags everywhere and reaped the benefits, and moved in packs so since it takes us a whole clip to kill in normal mode, the time we killed one, his 3 buddies destroyed us and revived him. This is why we lost, conquest and Domination is a game of tickets and revives are +1 ticket, we dying was -1 ticket, simple math.

keithc83 wrote: »
    But these guys, most of them, were complete d***s. Especially on Dawnbreaker, all of them were head glitching over by Flag C. It was pretty pathetic imho.

That's what competitive matches come down to.....who can head glitch the best :( that's why I have zero interest in them. The game can be annoying against randoms at times, let alone against seasoned Clans that learn spawn points and know all the head glitch spots. Fair play to them if they do but I don't have the time nor desire to do that.
    I checked out their battlelog page and from what I can remember, they had several guys running over a 2.5 K/D and averaging around 500 SPM. They know what they're doing and they do it well. They all run Assault, seemingly all the time, and rarely play Conquest.
    I've usually only got 2 nights a week off work and with the usually family stuff, I'm normally on at odd times as well. I'd rather spend the time I do get, playing in rounds as the IRL Clan against whoever happens to be on the server. I'd rather we were just trying to ptfo and win, having a laugh(and dodging Cobras' side-swapping treacherous blade) etc rather than just running practise drills against each other.
    [sorry, rant over :D]

Edit: just to clarify; if I'm available, I've no problem playing in any Clan battles even if it's not my cup of tea

A small test RPG montage

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭thurlesdrunk

cobraeire wrote: »
    A small test RPG montage

Lol great clip, love the ending! ;-)

Ally, I played clan matches on BFBC2 before solely on rush and it was excellent. I would disable Commander for sure though.

Re conquest, conquest small 12 v 12 would be spot on.

• Advertisement

Ally, I played clan matches on BFBC2 before solely on rush and it was excellent. I would disable Commander for sure though.

Re conquest, conquest small 12 v 12 would be spot on.

So did I but BC2 was a more rush orientated game, the maps were designed specfically for and lended themselves better to Rush. In BF4 rush seems like an afterthought with very little map design to accommodate it. BF3 had some great rush maps aswell, Damavand Peak for example was built specifically for Rush and Conquest was designed after it, whereas in BF4 all the maps were designed for CQ first, then Rush. Add that to the commander and also the ridiculously low ticket count, rush (imo) is pretty much pointless in BF4. JF covers it well here..

I agree about Conquest small but I think Border said that this isn't possible on private servers...might be wrong on that.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Played a few games with a few of you's last night. I was the eejit (LocoToro87) running around with the QBS shotgun on maps mostly not designed for it whatsoever for a laugh.

By the by, not sure who the admin is exactly, but on one of the games I played, CQ on the Hainan Resort, two people from the same platoon had stolen our chopper from our spawn, is that crap allowed or what? The two or three people in the chopper were in the same UCHI platoon for those who were in the game and might remember, and while they didn't do much damage, they were bloody irritating as they were also hanging out on the edge of the map over the hill so could mostly duck behind when needing cover. Don't mind a good chopper pilot team, but stealing the enemies chopper like that is as I said, a bit crap. Spent at least a quarter of the game trying to take out them, but with a guy repairing, it proved a bit of a waste of time.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Played a few games with a few of you's last night. I was the eejit (LocoToro87) running around with the QBS shotgun on maps mostly not designed for it whatsoever for a laugh.

By the by, not sure who the admin is exactly, but on one of the games I played, CQ on the Hainan Resort, two people from the same platoon had stolen our chopper from our spawn, is that crap allowed or what? The two or three people in the chopper were in the same UCHI platoon for those who were in the game and might remember, and while they didn't do much damage, they were bloody irritating as they were also hanging out on the edge of the map over the hill so could mostly duck behind when needing cover. Don't mind a good chopper pilot team, but stealing the enemies chopper like that is as I said, a bit crap. Spent at least a quarter of the game trying to take out them, but with a guy repairing, it proved a bit of a waste of time.

I was there and admin but i don't have much problems with choppers been stolen, they can still be taken down just like the others if needed. And keeping an eye on who is taking who's chopper is a job in itself and ruins the admins game. However as you said it was a laugh and fun, and that's what it's all about the majority of the time is to have fun, even though it can be frustrating at times.

However there was one guy on that round that stole the pod launcher and hid way out of bounds and just kept blasting the place for ages and even his team mates were letting him know it was wrong but kept doing it so he was removed.

However DICE/EA have made administration on a server a complete nightmare, for more reasons than one.

• You cannot kick a player, only ban
    • You cannot kick players with a clan tag
    • You cannot reset/restart server unless it's private
    • You have to leave your game to ban someone...blah
    • Large conquest tends to break to a 44 player game and blocks quick match
    • When set to private, your server must be unranked so no kill detection
    • There is only two Conquest types, small (32v32) and large (64v64)

There is more but you get the point.

Ally, I do agree with you re Rush, all valid points, but it still beats ****e Dom and TDM no matter how flawed it is. Beauty is you can always win despite the odds being against you whereas that isn't the case on conquest etc. Really wish the default ticket count was 100 though

Border, the kill detection now showing up on private servers is strange isn't it...

Would a clan obliteration match be worth considering?

Ally, I do agree with you re Rush, all valid points, but it still beats ****e Dom and TDM no matter how flawed it is. Beauty is you can always win despite the odds being against you whereas that isn't the case on conquest etc. Really wish the default ticket count was 100 though

Border, the kill detection now showing up on private servers is strange isn't it...

An aside from all that, what do you think of carrier assault? Ive had a lot of games where as you can say you can win despite the odds being against you. Ive played loads of games where the attacking team concentrates too hard on arming instead of defending, and the team that is being destroyed can sometimes get the win when it seems all is lost.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Yeah I joined that round on Hainen Resort(and your squad) after it had started, didn't realize they stole our chopper. I'd be of the same mind as BordorFox regarding stealing choppers though. If they ain't using it, I'm gonna take it. There's enough players in a 32v32 to deal with a chopper if they get too annoying. Even a 5 man squad can easily take it out if they decide they want to. I did manage to take them out twice with my SMAW though :D
    I personally warned that guy in the mobile artillery on our team to move outta the deployment area but as BordorFox says, the admin powers are horrendously limited. Couldn't kick the guy, could only ban him outright from the server and I had to quit the game to do it. Kinda destroys the game for the admins if they have to keep joining and quitting their own server just to do what should be bog standard admin duties.
    You went to town with that shotgun by the way, kudos :)

Cobra, how did you get the PS4 footage to youtube like that? Nice clip, fair play.

Ally, Carrier Assault; for me is a MASSIVE letdown... you can spawn on the enemy ship which is total crap meaning there is little point in not doing so and therefore neglecting the other point of the game which is the "conquest mode".

I never played Titan mode but i hear a lot of the fun was trying to get from the conquest area to the titan in a jeep or whatever, there was real risk involved whereas Carrier Assault is now essentially a poorer cousin of Conquest and a totally ****e version of Rush. Fixable though.

Re Rush; ever play Nasha Strike Rush? I love it!

Cobra, how did you get the PS4 footage to youtube like that? Nice clip, fair play.

Ally, Carrier Assault; for me is a MASSIVE letdown... you can spawn on the enemy ship which is total crap meaning there is little point in not doing so and therefore neglecting the other point of the game which is the "conquest mode".

I never played Titan mode but i hear a lot of the fun was trying to get from the conquest area to the titan in a jeep or whatever, there was real risk involved whereas Carrier Assault is now essentially a poorer cousin of Conquest and a totally ****e version of Rush. Fixable though.

Re Rush; ever play Nasha Strike Rush? I love it!

just put it on usb from the ps4,after making it on sharefactory,just go to gallery from there you can put it to usb(might take a while)then put it on your desktop and upload it from there :D

• Advertisement

No it makes perfect sense, private servers have to be unranked, so you can't score from shooting someone so why show the point feed?

Advertisement