Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This mornings M50 crash being treated as a crime scene

Options
1235»

Comments

kidneyfan wrote: »
    Between midnight at 1 am it wasn't at a standstill
    Between 1 am and 2 am it wasn't at a standstill
    Between 2 am and 3 am it wasn't at a standstill
    Between 3 am and 4 am it wasn't at a standstill
    Between 4 am and 5 am it wasn't at a standstill
    Between 5 am and 6 am it wasn't at a standstill
    Between 6 am and 7 am it was at a standstill
    Between 7 am and 8 am it was at a standstill
    Between 8 am and 9 am it was at a standstill
    Between 9 am and 10 am it was at a standstill
    Between 10 am and 11 am it wasn't at a standstill

etc.

So you were not moving one inch for those 4 hours? Is this every morning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

So you were not moving one inch for those 4 hours? Is this every morning?

Every workday morning for a number of hours there are part of it at a standstill or crawl.

Same every evening.

Outside of "ordinary" rush hours it is at a standstill whenever there are concerts on in Marlay park, whenever Dundrum shopping centre does a Rock and Roll night (10km tailback for the Dundrum exit southbound last night), whenever there is an accident (usually more than once daily somewhere on it), when the clocks change and it is darker earlier, when it rains, when traffic volume increases (as it as as the economy has improved over the past year or so), and for a variety of other reasons no doubt.

You may think to dismiss someones frustration with a throwaway comment about how its not chockers ALL the time and how its rarely at a standstill ..... but the truth is, if you use it daily to get to and from work, during rush hour, you see how often it really is at a standstill and it does grind you down over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

I believe she has passed away. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Just to be clear, is this conclusion which implies fault on behalf of a person currently fighting for her life based on:

a) A solid background in crash investigation, a painstaking collection and analysis of the evidence and consultation with your expert peers, or

b) A photo of a banged up car?

Why shoot the messenger. I am hardly pointing the finger at anyone. For a start I don't know if the injured lady was driving the car or was a passenger. I could have been a side swipe of a lorry cab too. I am not the only person in the thread to suggest what might have happened another poster suggested the car was sandwiched between two trucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

The sanctimony surrounding this incident is very boring.

Yes a woman got hurt. Yes I hope she is ok. No that doesn't mean questions shouldn't be asked about why Irelands busiest road was shut down for 6 hours including rush hour and affecting the lives of thousands upon thousands of people.

Some people seem to think that just because somebody got hurt everybody should just shut up except to mutter meaningless platitudes about her well being. But you know what, I don't know that woman, just as I didn't know the hundreds of other Irish people who died yesterday. I'm sorry for them all and I wish they were all ok but my concern is meaningless to them, so I am just going to go ahead and ask about what does concern me, namely our complete inability to quickly deal with one isolated RTA in a city of millions.

I don't know how to do the investigator's job. Do you? Do you know how long it should have taken? The work is likely painstaking. People looking at a job from the outside in likely underestimate how long it takes to do it properly.

That it happened on such a busy road is unfortunate but also irrelevant. If it was a loved one of yours, you'd want to it to be investigated to the highest standard.

Some truly chilling posts in this thread. Mild annoyance is fine and human, but to whine online about it? Have you people got no self-awareness?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,297 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just heard the woman in the crash has died. R.I.P.

http://www.newstalk.com/reader/47.301/59269/0/

May she Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Poor woman - she must have had horrific injuries. I hope she rests in peace.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,355 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Are you serious? Have you ever seen the congestion that Blanchardstown SC, Liffey Valley, The Square, Dundrum SC causes on non working days?
    I was told by someone that last Sunday afternoon the M50 at Dundrum was at a snail-pace.
    A billion was spent "upgrading" (whatever that means?) the M50, theres always enough funds available to get more cars on to the roads but never enough for public transport.
    I'm not a regular visitor to Dublin by any means, but there was a ridiculous queue going into Dundrum on Sunday last, backed all the way back onto the M50 mainline, with all the VMS in the area displaying a message about the queue.

Mahon Point in Cork is my local example of a huge shopping centre/traffic magnet being built next to an arterial motorway and the two being linked by a substandard mess of a junction

Pity the major M50 upgrade is outdated already as there is now regular delays on the 2 lane M50/M11 section from J17 to the Bray North Exit

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭cork guitar player

So glad I left Dublin....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

May she RIP, poor soul
    marno21 wrote: »
    I'm not a regular visitor to Dublin by any means, but there was a ridiculous queue going into Dundrum on Sunday last, backed all the way back onto the M50 mainline, with all the VMS in the area displaying a message about the queue.

Mahon Point in Cork is my local example of a huge shopping centre/traffic magnet being built next to an arterial motorway and the two being linked by a substandard mess of a junction

Pity the major M50 upgrade is outdated already as there is now regular delays on the 2 lane M50/M11 section from J17 to the Bray North Exit

I used work near the shopping centre and on the likes of mid term and holidays like xmas we would (as we could) choose to work from home or in another office rather than tolerate the traffic tbh, it's horrific

Advertisement