Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Dunphys is a good whiskey but not a great whiskey......
    The same could be said for bog standard Jameson in all fairness.

Powers all the way for me though! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

1 litre smirnoff €25 Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 34,111 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

That's just VAT reduction, sale discount isn't showing in the order, check the O'Briens site, around €30 or so off.

I checked the Irish whiskeys on the O'Briens site yesterday, didn't see any bargains at all. Cheaper than their / CWS usual prices but not compared to supermarkets, except when they're doing their "jack up the price so it looks like a better offer when we reduce it" thing.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

I checked the Irish whiskeys on the O'Briens site yesterday, didn't see any bargains at all. Cheaper than their / CWS usual prices but not compared to supermarkets, except when they're doing their "jack up the price so it looks like a better offer when we reduce it" thing.

Agreed. Only half decent value to be had perhaps the Roe and Co and the 3 Swallows. And Ive seen both cheaper in Tescos and Supervalu.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Agreed. Only half decent value to be had perhaps the Roe and Co and the 3 Swallows. And Ive seen both cheaper in Tescos and Supervalu.

They do have a good range though- and they're a damn sight more convenient than Celtic Whiskey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Unknownability

I got 2 bottles of 15 yo Glenfiddich 70cl @ £36 a bottler

Where was this? Cheapest I can see is £40.

Where was this? Cheapest I can see is £40.

Was @ £36 in Sainsburys (on Sunday).
    I got the last two bottles in Newry.
    The 12 year old (which in my opinion isn't nearly as nice) was @ £37- a pound more (and they had plenty of stock).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,157 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Any sign of red stripe in Dublin?? I feel like drinking red stripe and watching river plate this wknd.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Hello guys and dolls. I'm back after a long break.

Slabs of Carlsberg 31 euro Lidl.
    8 cans of Orchard Thieves Light 12.50 Centra.
    I saw slabs of Heineken too in Lidl but didn't check the price, I'd imagine the same as the Carlsberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Bottles of smithwicks are 2.45 each in lidl, the cheapest u will get anywhere in Ireland. Buy 4 and get them for 9.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

fin12 wrote: »
    Bottles of smithwicks are 2.45 each in lidl, the cheapest u will get anywhere in Ireland. Buy 4 and get them for 9.

You’ll get them cheaper in O’Brien’s , 5 bottles for 10 euro all the time .

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

When i was in Newry last week I noticed there's 2 types of Carlsberg up there , both 3.8%, one made by Carlsberg UK in Northampton and one by Diageo Belfast. I didn't chance it as would of had to buy a crate but wonder what the Belfast stuff tastes like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

When i was in Newry last week I noticed there's 2 types of Carlsberg up there , both 3.8%, one made by Carlsberg UK in Northampton and one by Diageo Belfast. I didn't chance it as would of had to buy a crate but wonder what the Belfast stuff tastes like
    Diageo Belfast beers are brewed in Dublin and bottled and canned on the Lisburn Road. It tastes the same as here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

24 cans of Guinness for €28 in tesco. On for a while. I picked up a slab yesterday, all single cans, have to carry them to checkout - but the deal is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

cadaliac wrote: »
    24 cans of Guinness for €28 in tesco. On for a while. I picked up a slab yesterday, all single cans, have to carry them to checkout - but the deal is there.

Bring a trolley, they'll scan one, no need to put them all on conveyor!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

HUKD- Gunpowder gin £25 in sainsbos for anyone near the border

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Dunnes have 8 packs of cider for approx 11 euro give or take.

Orchard Thieves Light
    Applemans
    Rockshore Cider

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

Was @ £36 in Sainsburys (on Sunday).
    I got the last two bottles in Newry.
    The 12 year old (which in my opinion isn't nearly as nice) was @ £37- a pound more (and they had plenty of stock).

Are Sainsbury's still validating car park tickets? Effort of getting sterling.

Are Sainsbury's still validating car park tickets? Effort of getting sterling.

They have the machines at the end of the tills and at the tobacco desk (the first two tills are now designated the customer service desk- and the former customer service desk has been dismantled and is now a flower display). You validate your own parking. Its £1 for the first 3 hours- so if you validate in Sainsburys- you can spend your time in the rest of the mall, grab a coffee- or cheap ibuprofen in Boots (or whatever)- and free parking for a couple of hours.

Btw- quota ongoing on ibuprofen in Boots (and Sainsburys)- 2 boxes per customer. Currently 79p for a box of 16 200mg coated tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭dubstepper

Diageo Belfast beers are brewed in Dublin and bottled and canned on the Lisburn Road. It tastes the same as here.

As an aside, there is a noticeable difference in taste between the 3.8% and the 4.3%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

This offer is still on in Tesco Drumcondra at least (opposite St Pat's). They were being sold as a slab / tray rather than individuals, and a decent few left.

Nice price point for those with a €10 euro off when you spend €50 voucher, just to make it even more bargainous. Throw in a phone credit and a couple of euro of groceries and you're getting the slab for €18.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

vicwatson wrote: »
    1 litre smirnoff €25 Tesco
    Gordons & Cpt Morgans is the same, these usually drop in price at the same time.
    24 cans of Guinness for €28 in tesco. On for a while. I picked up a slab yesterday, all single cans, have to carry them to checkout.
    Mine can have cases in several areas, so pays to look around if you really want an intact tray, so much easier to handle.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Libera

Dunnes currently have €10 off 6 or more bottles of wine (instead of 5%) and can be used with spend and save €10 voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭amber2

Lidl advertising Guinness 8 x 500mls for €10 next Thursday .... also Bud 8 cans same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,469 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

amber2 wrote: »
    Lidl advertising Guinness 8 x 500mls for €10 next Thursday .... also Bud 8 cans same price.

Tesco are still doing crates of Guinness for €28.

I got some €12 off €60 vouchers in the post during the week. I think I have the algorithm sussed so I'm going to get a 2nd Clubcard to have that give me the same set of vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,300 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

If you can make a break for the border Sainsburys are running 25% off 6 or more bottles of wine, champagne.
    Max 36 bottles per person.
    Excludes wines priced £5 or less eg their house wine range and quarter bottles.

Runs until 29th September.

The Calvet Bordeaux at 6.50 a bottle is great value.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

Centra October 1st to October 4th

Carlsberg / Budweiser 20 x 300ml bottles €15.74

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,929 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Tesco are still doing crates of Guinness for €28.

I got some €12 off €60 vouchers in the post during the week. I think I have the algorithm sussed so I'm going to get a 2nd Clubcard to have that give me the same set of vouchers.

Must check tesco for the Guinness, stock in the gaf is running low!

On a side note, I haven't seen any mailed spend/save vouchers from Tesco recently... are people getting them?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Must check tesco for the Guinness, stock in the gaf is running low!

On a side note, I haven't seen any mailed spend/save vouchers from Tesco recently... are people getting them?

The 24 for 28 euro finished on Wednesday. They were that when I checked on Tuesday but of course when I trekked up yesterday to buy they reverted back to 44 euro. They had 8 cans for 12 which wasn’t prohibitive.

On a side Lidl doing Canadian Molson 20 bottles for 15. Good price if you’re after a light tasting, low alcohol 4% and low calorie suds ala rockshore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭mistersifter

12 Corona for 12.79 in SuperValu this week. Decent price for Corona, especially if combined with vouchers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement