Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Bulmers was €28 for 24x440ml (not 500ml) in my tesco, it does not show online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭6541

Does anyone know if Jack Daniels ever comes up on offer anywhere ?

6541 wrote: »

yes, every few months in tesco its 25, it can go as low as 20.

If you searched "jack" within this thread it would show others. Think it goes to 25 in dunnes often enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭elperello

JD is €31 in Dunnes at the moment.
    As said above it was €25 a few weeks ago.
    It then went to €28.50.

(it's not as if I'm obsessed about it or anything :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

JD usually hits the €20 mark in Tesco in the run up to Christmas & prob does at other stages throughout the year.
    O Briens have it down to €28 at the moment if you are in desperate need

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

SuperValu - regularly goes to 25 and 20 just before Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 81,197 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Sainsbury's are selling litre bottles of it for £22 if you are near the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭snowgal

elperello wrote: »
    Dunnes

Stella Artois

20 x half pint bottles €15

that seems good deal?!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Carryout Santry: 12 330ml staropramen for 9euro. 24 molson 24euro or 4 for 6quid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

elperello wrote: »
    Dunnes

Stella Artois

20 x half pint bottles €15

The wife won't appreciate that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Dunnes :
    4 Bavaria 5 euro
    oharas hop central lager 2 for 4euro

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Dunnes :
    4 Bavaria 5 euro
    oharas hop central lager 2 for 4euro

They are two very random choices.

Bavaria and other homeless alcoholic booze is always about a euro a can.

That o’Haras stuff is ok but there’s better out there in that category and even within their own range.

For example their own Leann Follain extra Irish stout is 4 for a tenner at the moment which is good value for a quality stout. It has fantastic mouthfeel. A good meaty stout.

I also picked up some of the Grafter IPA yesterday in Dunnes. €2.45 a bottle. It’s the regular price on it. It’s another Rye River beer without the Rte River label. Very tasty I must say. 6.5% so not your everyday sessionable beer. More of a sipper with a bbq imo. Will buy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭mikep

Tesco seem to be doing various reduced to clear wines, seem to vary per store. In Cashel there is loads of Vina Del Cura Gran Reserva for 10.80..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Rockshore 8 cans for 10 euro in Tesco - 2.50 p.l

• Registered Users Posts: 14,289 ✭✭✭✭elperello

snowgal wrote: »
    that seems good deal?!

Yes, it works out at €1.50 a pint, even less if you have a voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Buddyhol

24 cans of Heineken for €28 in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

No deals on Guinness? sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

vicwatson wrote: »
    No deals on Guinness? sigh

Dunnes 12 cans for €17.50 and if you have the €5 off a €25 voucher you could get 2x12 cans for €30, worth asking friends and family if they have a voucher loads of them flying around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

They are two very random choices.

Bavaria and other homeless alcoholic booze is always about a euro a can.

That o’Haras stuff is ok but there’s better out there in that category and even within their own range.

For example their own Leann Follain extra Irish stout is 4 for a tenner at the moment which is good value for a quality stout. It has fantastic mouthfeel. A good meaty stout.

I also picked up some of the Grafter IPA yesterday in Dunnes. €2.45 a bottle. It’s the regular price on it. It’s another Rye River beer without the Rte River label. Very tasty I must say. 6.5% so not your everyday sessionable beer. More of a sipper with a bbq imo. Will buy again.

Nothing wrong with bavaria, the other names you mention are all over priced wankery stuff particularly that IPA piss

McCrack wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with bavaria, the other names you mention are all over priced wankery stuff particularly that IPA piss

I think you’ll find if you look at your post that it was you who mentioned O’Hara’s first. Not me.

And nothing wrong with Bavaria?! You lost all opinion entitlement by saying that.

As for the IPA. €2.45 for a 6.5% flavourful IPA is good value. Having brewed beer myself I understand the cost of hops for example.

Anyway each to their own and all that. I like a cheap can of Rheinbacher Pils from Aldi on occasion for example.

But Bavaria, eh no thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭McCrack

I never mentioned o haras in my post

McCrack wrote: »
    I never mentioned o haras in my post

True. The poster who originally mention Bavaria and O’Haras in the same post.

Anyway point still true. Bavaria is muck no matter what the price.

Bavaria is muck no matter what the price.
    Lots obviously like it, I think its like many generic mainstream lagers. You mentioned Leann Follain stout, I like it, but most guinness drinkers I know would probably hate it. A mate of mine posted pics of him pouring it down the sink after tasting it.

rubadub wrote: »
    Lots obviously like it, I think its like many generic mainstream lagers. You mentioned Leann Follain stout, I like it, but most guinness drinkers I know would probably hate it. A mate of mine posted pics of him pouring it down the sink after tasting it.

Lots of people like Bavaria because it’s cheap. How many times have you seen an alcoholic at the side of the road drinking it. It has an audience let’s say.

I like a good pint of Guinness but Leann Follain is without question a far superior stout.

Your mate throwing it down the drain and posting pictures screams “look at me I’m throwing a craft beer down the drain cause I like good ol Guinness and nothing else” to me.

Don’t get me wrong I like a pint of Guinness as much as the next man but it’s a bland sessionable stout if we’re honest about it with some great marketing people behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭deisedav

Lots of people like Bavaria because it’s cheap. How many times have you seen an alcoholic at the side of the road drinking it. It has an audience let’s say.

I like a good pint of Guinness but Leann Follain is without question a far superior stout.

Your mate throwing it down the drain and posting pictures screams “look at me I’m throwing a craft beer down the drain cause I like good ol Guinness and nothing else” to me.

Don’t get me wrong I like a pint of Guinness as much as the next man but it’s a bland sessionable stout if we’re honest about it with some great marketing people behind it.

Enjoy a Guinness the odd time myself but i would agree the leann follain is superior.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭ablelocks

how about we keep this thread to bargains and if some of you have to argue over the relative merits or otherwise of different brands take it to the beer, spirits and wine forum?

12 tiger still in Supervalu for €12 (or at least in my local one)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,115 ✭✭✭Invincible

I think you’ll find if you look at your post that it was you who mentioned O’Hara’s first. Not me.

And nothing wrong with Bavaria?! You lost all opinion entitlement by saying that.

As for the IPA. €2.45 for a 6.5% flavourful IPA is good value. Having brewed beer myself I understand the cost of hops for example.

Anyway each to their own and all that. I like a cheap can of Rheinbacher Pils from Aldi on occasion for example.

But Bavaria, eh no thanks.

Have only seen the Rheinbacher pils in a 6 bottle pack, no cans in local Aldi's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

ablelocks wrote: »
    how about we keep this thread to bargains and if some of you have to argue over the relative merits or otherwise of different brands take it to the beer, spirits and wine forum?

The beer, spirits & wine forum is cheap sh*te

Invincible wrote: »
    Have only seen the Rheinbacher pils in a 6 bottle pack, no cans in local Aldi's.

The do 4 packs of the cans most of the time I go.

It’s 4 cans for about €5.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

ablelocks wrote: »

330ml bottles, but still great value. And customers should have a €6 off €30 voucher on the Real Rewards App, so 36 bottles for €30

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/wine-beer-spirits-null-tiger-12pack-bottle/p-1035997000

€17.49 in Tesco

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement