Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,739 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Seve OB wrote: »
    Do you happen to know what time you can buy drink from in Sainsbury’s and Tesco up north during the week?
    8am...(not sure that time below is correct for Sundays, thought that was circa 1pm)
    Off-licences may sell alcohol:
    • from 08:00 to 23:00 (except on Sundays, Christmas Day and Easter Day)
    • on Sundays from 10:00 to 22:00
    https://www.nibusinessinfo.co.uk/content/when-can-you-sell-alcohol-northern-ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Claude Greengrass

Yeah was 1pm on Sunday last time I was in Sainsbury's, not sure if Tesco is the same

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

8 pack Guinness €12.50 in SuperValu
    €14.00 in Tesco

8 pack Guinness now €12.00 in Tesco

EDIT - seems to be from tomorrow, if anyone can confirm?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

vicwatson wrote: »
    8 pack Guinness now €12.00 in Tesco

EDIT - seems to be from tomorrow, if anyone can confirm?

You're a b#*ix, went to Tesco today all excited and was charged €14. On the plus side I can confirm the offer DEFINITELY didn't start today 😁

• Advertisement

You're a b#*ix, went to Tesco today all excited and was charged €14. On the plus side I can confirm the offer DEFINITELY didn't start today ��

Thank you.

I’ve checked with Tesco and it starts tomorrow, their website never said the date it began. They told me, after ringing, it begins tomorrow.

Blame Tesco yeh

Ps might be deals on slabs as they had loads stacked today but no price on them

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

[QUOTE=vicwatson;might be deals on slabs as they had loads stacked today but no price on them[/QUOTE]

keep us posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

8 Heinekens 500ml €9.50 in Lidl.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,447 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Thank you.

I’ve checked with Tesco and it starts tomorrow, their website never said the date it began. They told me, after ringing, it begins tomorrow.

Blame Tesco yeh

A month ago, I was in Tescos and they had slabs but no price on those slabs, but a young lad was breaking the slabs into individual cans to be sold at €1.95 each.

Every little helps.

I hope that does not happen to all those slabs you saw.

A month ago, I was in Tescos and they had slabs but no price on those slabs, but a young lad was breaking the slabs into individual cans to be sold at €1.95 each.

Every little helps.

I hope that does not happen to all those slabs you saw.

Nah they were in a section not where the Guinness normally is. A heap of them too

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Yeah hasnt been a good Guinness deal for a while....well the rumoured LIDL ones that couldnt be found
    I got 4 slabs the weekend of the lockdown in Tesco cant remember think it 24/25 a slab i hate givig 2 euro a can for it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,061 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Heading to Belfast later, gutted I missed out on the 25% off wine in Sainsbury's. Still some ok prices though, Yellow Tail for £5.75 where it's rooted around the €10 price here. Spotted 18 bottles of Corona for £13 which is decent, no stand out deals on spirits.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Caranica wrote: »
    Heading to Belfast later, gutted I missed out on the 25% off wine in Sainsbury's. Still some ok prices though, Yellow Tail for £5.75 where it's rooted around the €10 price here. Spotted 18 bottles of Corona for £13 which is decent, no stand out deals on spirits.

Lots of 70cl / £20 deals - not exactly compelling- but reasonable enough value.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭cheekypup

Tesco website 24 Guinness cans 500ml for €28 from today 2/9/2020 until 29/9/2020

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=250632946

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Thank you.

Blame Tesco yeh

I was jesting- I appreciate people posting deals here

Thank you.

Blame Tesco yeh

Seems like my inkling was correct on the slabs - 24 for €28.00 until 29th Sept !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

O'Briens have a whiskey sale on currently, bought 3 and saved around 30 off RRP, free delivery for over €100 spend too.

O'Briens have a whiskey sale on currently, bought 3 and saved around 30 off RRP, free delivery for over €100 spend too.

Which 3 did you go for- and why would you recommend them.

Which 3 did you go for- and why would you recommend them.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=525078&d=1599058953

These three, selected as i heard good things about them but have never tried them and the overall discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,898 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

These three, selected as i heard good things about them but have never tried them and the overall discount.

Less than 2 euro between the 3 bottles?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Less than 2 euro between the 3 bottles?

That's just VAT reduction, sale discount isn't showing in the order, check the O'Briens site, around €30 or so off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,898 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

That's just VAT reduction, sale discount isn't showing in the order, check the O'Briens site, around €30 or so off.

You're fine out, I believe you.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭tv221

Bought a few Jameson in O'Brien's to stick in the cupboard, about 3 euro off per bottles average price. €18 saved

tv221 wrote: »
    Bought a few Jameson in O'Brien's to stick in the cupboard, about 3 euro off per bottles average price. €18 saved

Its still €25 a bottle- even after the discount- you can regularly get it at this and even lower, elsewhere? Don't mean to bitch- but its not particularly good value......?

Main reason for buying in this sale- is the range they have (Yellow Spot and Green Spot for example) and quite a few of the less common Irish whiskeys. The range- rather than the price?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭tv221

Its still €25 a bottle- even after the discount- you can regularly get it at this and even lower, elsewhere? Don't mean to bitch- but its not particularly good value......?

Main reason for buying in this sale- is the range they have (Yellow Spot and Green Spot for example) and quite a few of the less common Irish whiskeys. The range- rather than the price?

When you've run out and it's currently been €27.65 in tesco etc. for a while, I'll take it happily at 24.65 a bottle. I then can keep the Redbreast for special occasions

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

All good choices and good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,512 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

tv221 wrote: »
    When you've run out and it's currently been €27.65 in tesco etc. for a while, I'll take it happily at 24.65 a bottle. I then can keep the Redbreast for special occasions

Dunphys is on offer at €20 in Tesco at the moment.
    It's also from Irish Distillers and I'd be hard pushed to pick it over Jameson and vice versa, maybe a bit mellower and not as sweet.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Dunphys is on offer at €20 in Tesco at the moment.
    It's also from Irish Distillers and I'd be hard pushed to pick it over Jameson and vice versa, maybe a bit mellower and not as sweet.

Dunphys is a good whiskey but not a great whiskey......

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭picachu

Lots of 70cl / £20 deals - not exactly compelling- but reasonable enough value.

I got a litre of tanqueray for 21 pounds... highland park 12 yr old for 25. Thats €60+ in Celtic Whiskey

• Advertisement

picachu wrote: »
    I got a litre of tanqueray for 21 pounds... highland park 12 yr old for 25. Thats €60+ in Celtic Whiskey

I got 2 bottles of 15 yo Glenfiddich 70cl @ £36 a bottle (@ €65.00 a bottle in Celtic Whiskey- however, its out of stock).

Also got 2 * 37.5cl bottles of 12 yo Chivas Regal @ £12 a bottle (@ €45.00 for the 70cl bottle in Celtic whiskey- they don't sell the 37.5cl bottles).

If you're quite particular about what you want- you can get some reasonable value (not cheap- but cheaper than here).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement