Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

In Dunnes now Cornelscourt and no sign of Guinness promo. Pity

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Just back from Dunnes Cornelcourt. No 2 for €50 offers on and the slabs of Guinness are 470ml cans for €34

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

casio4 wrote: »
    Just back from Dunnes Cornelcourt. No 2 for €50 offers on and the slabs of Guinness are 470ml cans for €34

Can confirm that in Sligo

And also in Dunnes

Bulmers 24 x 440ml €29.57
    Bud & Heiniken 24 x 500ml €34

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

AhrSkidar wrote: »
    Plenty of the 6 for €9 330ml in Dunnes Athlone (Montree).

Brewed in Italy. In the Pollein brewery - in case there's a hierarchy within Italy itself. :)

Thanks got a pack tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

bennyx_o wrote: »
    No sign of this in Dunnes in Donaghmede this morning

Is this mix n match starting Sunday. It's not in my Dunnes. Slabs of 24 carlsberg are €34. There is no 2 for €50 after enquiring.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Just been in Dunnes and the 2 for 50 mix and match is starting tomorrow.
    Included are:
    Slabs of Guinness, Carlsberg, Bulmers and Canadian.
    Captain Morgan & Smirnoff 1 litre, JD 700ml,Jameson 700ml

OK Frank, from where did you come up with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭tomslick

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Is this mix n match starting Sunday. It's not in my Dunnes. Slabs of 24 carlsberg are €34. There is no 2 for €50 after enquiring.

Drove to Cork today for this. No sign of this in two different stores. Not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭Frank_1969

elperello wrote: »
    OK Frank, from where did you come up with that?

Was speaking to the guy who manages the off licence department in my local Dunnes on Friday evening and he was telling me this was going on offer on Saturday.. He had the shelves stocked up...
    I wasn't back there since so I can't confirm if its on or not..
    Sorry if I have put people on trips and they haven't been able to avail of this offer..

• Registered Users Posts: 81,186 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

There's a Dunnes ad in todays Independent, only alcohol deal is €10 off when you buy any 6 bottles of wine or champagne.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Frank_1969 wrote: »
    Was speaking to the guy who manages the off licence department in my local Dunnes on Friday evening and he was telling me this was going on offer on Saturday.. He had the shelves stocked up...
    I wasn't back there since so I can't confirm if its on or not..
    Sorry if I have put people on trips and they haven't been able to avail of this offer..

Thanks Frank.

Not to worry, just a mix up.

Worth watching that space anyway.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

SK1979 wrote: »
    Couldn't find the 330ml Moretti cans in Tesco ayrside yesterday. Only the bottles. I see someone say the cans are in Dunnes though too?

Might head down so.

They have that offer in my local Euro spar too so might be worth checking if closer. 4 bottles for 7 or 6 cans for 9

• Registered Users Posts: 9,924 ✭✭✭dodzy

elperello wrote: »
    Thanks Frank.

Not to worry, just a mix up.

Worth watching that space anyway.:)

Friend is a manager in a local branch (Dunnes). Definitely something happening this week - slabs included. Will post as soon as I have definitive info.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭sceach16

dodzy wrote: »
    Friend is a manager in a local branch (Dunnes). Definitely something happening this week - slabs included. Will post as soon as I have definitive info.

Mon 26 (2 weeks time) is a Bank Holiday....usually offers from about 10 days before....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,658 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

casio4 wrote: »

Aka, tan cans.

:mad:

M

sceach16 wrote: »
    Mon 26 (2 weeks time) is a Bank Holiday....usually offers from about 10 days before....

I'd say once drink is untouched in tomorrow's budget we should have a good run to the new year on weekly booze deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,924 ✭✭✭dodzy

dodzy wrote: »

Update: 25 pallets of slabs (Various) received in a branch close to me. In-house comms expected today but Deal very likely in advance of Halloween weekend. Apparently no mix & match (2 for 50).if this is indeed the case, I’d guess it’s optics - dunnes don’t want to appear to be forcing people to buy more alcohol that initially intended (joe soap might only want one slab but has to buy 2 in order to qualify for the deal) particularly in these COVID times where there are demands for early closure of off sales and the high focus on house parties and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Yellow Dog

For anyone with a €5 off €20 Dunnes Voucher.

18 500ml cans Germania Pilsener 4.8% @ €1.13 = €20.34 less €5 = €15.34 = 85c a can.

M

tenor.gif

No increases for alcohol and no mention of minimum pricing in the budget today, hopefully the beer deals flow.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭sheldon16

Hi All. Some great prices on whiskey on Amazon. Has anyone tried addresspal lately for alcohol purchases? Or any other methods

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

sheldon16 wrote: »
    Hi All. Some great prices on whiskey on Amazon. Has anyone tried addresspal lately for alcohol purchases? Or any other methods

Thanks

Used to work great for me until this year, failed twice now with parcel motel and addresspal, each time fully refunded by Amazon, so relatively risk free

• Advertisement

https://www.thebeerclub.ie/collections/advent-calendars/products/craft-beer-advent-box-pre-order-now

Has anyone got this before? Don’t know is that a good price or expensive?

A beer advent calendar is pretty cool

• Registered Users Posts: 37,789 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

fin12 wrote: »
    https://www.thebeerclub.ie/collections/advent-calendars/products/craft-beer-advent-box-pre-order-now

Has anyone got this before? Don’t know is that a good price or expensive?

A beer advent calendar is pretty cool

It is tempting but nah too expensive

PTH2009 wrote: »

In the Us Aldi stores, they have a beer calendar, I really hope it comes to the Irish stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

my exact taughts,way to pricey..............................................

In the Us Aldi stores, they have a beer calendar, I really hope it comes to the Irish stores.

xmas is cancelled man :D:D

There's Aldi stores in the USA ?

bassy wrote: »
    my exact taughts,way to pricey..............................................

It’s prob the postage that’s driving the price up, can u imagine the weight of it....

d
    There's Aldi stores in the USA ?

Ya I know just found out today someone on the Aldi thread was on about these booze calendars and they are in their US stores.

d

Ya I know just found out today someone on the Aldi thread was on about these booze calendars and they are in their US stores.

Ha learn something new everyday

• Advertisement

It’s prob the postage that’s driving the price up, can u imagine the weight of it....

:D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement