Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭decky1

When i go to someones house to do some work and they sit watching me while i work.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,412 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Colum Eastwood's beard. Just paint that white tuft in with black.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Personal space invaders

I was waiting at the bus stop for my bus which was late, oh well

While I was standing still a chap with a backpack stood in front of me and back up touching off me. Why?? A withering look from me had him step forward a little and that was all that was required

I don't expect metres of space at a bus stop, just don't back up into me and look like I did something wrong. Not just a bus stop issue, can happen in Spar, Tesco, chipper, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Why can I never neatly open a block of ice-cream?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

When my boyfriend texts if we need anything in the shop and I reply no, and then has the gall to arrive home empty handed. Eh, excuse me, where are all the snacks??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When my boyfriend texts if we need anything in the shop and I reply no, and then has the gall to arrive home empty handed. Eh, excuse me, where are all the snacks??

I've never gotten this. If you wanted something why didn't you just ask for it?

It's weirdly passive aggressive and feeds into the whole "Wimmins, wha?" narrative that I absolutely loathe.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    I've never gotten this. If you wanted something why didn't you just ask for it?

It's weirdly passive aggressive and feeds into the whole "Wimmins, wha?" narrative that I absolutely loathe.

Ara jaysus, lighten up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The custom of handshaking needs to die out.
    I don't do it, ever since my girlfriend had leukaemia and had to be protected from cold and flu germs.
    We all pick up germs on our hands in between washing.

It clearly offends some people if their outstretched hand is ignored, but I can't be dealing with justifying myself on this.

It's the main reason why mass attendances have fallen.

I was at a funeral last week and was dreading it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Eh no, I don't think that's the main reason why mass attendance has fallen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

People who grew up in the country but can't and won't shoot, sail, ride or ramble.

Newbridge, the constant handshaking would give anyone a p.i.t.a!

To me though there's also an element of all these gestures becoming devoid of meaning. The same with the continental cheek kiss and the English hug...etiquette's much like any rules, if it doesn't have a sensible purpose, why would I adhere blindly to it? There's no refinement to that.And no warmth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,075 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think maybe the kiddie fiddling might have been a slightly bigger turn-off for most people, rather than handshaking and germs.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

When a mod on this forum sees fit to move a thread you started that was really popular here on AH to another forum....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Blaizes

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I paid €8 for next day delivery on an order I placed on the 4th of this month, its still not here and they're blaming the storm. I've asked for a refund on the delivery charge and they're refusing, saying its only a guide, not a guarantee.

TA'd I have two parties this weeked and nothing to wear, and I've paid €8 more than I should have for the privilege of being inconvenienced.

That’s the problem with online shopping, got a pile of clothes for kids in an an online sale but when delivered they doubled up on some items and others were missing. Seemed like such a hassle to return the stuff that I just left it and put it down to experience.

Maybe you can find something to wear in a shop instead, plenty of sales on now, very annoying for you though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

JupiterKid wrote: »
    When a mod on this forum sees fit to move a thread you started that was really popular here on AH to another forum....

Read a positive ah thread, found a silly map to share. Wouldn't fit in with new forums serious subject matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

It's snowing. This in itself wouldn't normally be a TA; I love snow. But I do have to go and sit outdoors for two hours later.

Curiosity got the better of me so had to search for the thread. Missed it in after hours, very interesting though maps wouldn't really be my thing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Parents who send their children into school when they are sick. Now I'm in bed on a Saturday with a horrible bug. So annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,931 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Make your case in here: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058006749

Got my eye make up done and it looks amazing but I’ve this annoying feeling like there’s something in my eye. So no doubt I’ll either have to take it all off or I’ll have it all poked off by later on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA’d at how tired I am. I wasn’t even working that late last night so I don’t even have that as an excuse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Reading some of the twitter posts on the train delays in Tara St last night, shocking lack of compassion from some ppl.
    I get it was a hassle for passengers and showed up the gaps in cs policies, but some were just short of saying push the f*&ker off the bridge.

Particularly ta, were ppl complaining about being on the platform or train and being cold, but also complaining that they would have to walk 15 mins to the station on the northside. Ffs

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You blink, and you find yourself with 81 unread posts....

Bredabe wrote: »
    Reading some of the twitter posts on the train delays in Tara St last night, shocking lack of compassion from some ppl.
    I get it was a hassle for passengers and showed up the gaps in cs policies, but some were just short of saying push the f*&ker off the bridge.

Particularly ta, were ppl complaining about being on the platform or train and being cold, but also complaining that they would have to walk 15 mins to the station on the northside. Ffs

Full disclosure I don't use twitter!

But you have to remember twitter happens in real time.

As it happens I was waiting on someone to come home at that time. I checked the app and could see delays. Did a Google and all I could find was something about trespassers

Now trespassers gave the impression to me and I'm sure others that it was a group acting the maggots and they were waiting on gardai to sort it.

I'm sure I'm not alone in that thought.

Now obviously it was something more serious which the benefit of hindsight n all that.

I'm a regular dart user and service and announcements can be very poor especially in winter.

There are plenty of times where a more direct approach from them would be appreciated.

" we recommend you leave the station now and find alternative transport "

Rather than leaving everyone like a bunch of lemons on the platform afraid to leave incase as soon as you leave the station the train you've been waiting on for last 30, 40, 50 mins finally pulls in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Bredabe wrote: »

I expect that some of their frustration came from the lack of clarity. Explanations like "incident" and "trespasser" should not be used. Much easier all around if they just come out and say that the staff and the Gardai are dealing with an attempted suicide on the bridge. If you disclose the facts, people won't speculate and will generally be more understanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Full disclosure I don't use twitter!

But you have to remember twitter happens in real time.

As it happens I was waiting on someone to come home at that time. I checked the app and could see delays. Did a Google and all I could find was something about trespassers

Now trespassers gave the impression to me and I'm sure others that it was a group acting the maggots and they were waiting on gardai to sort it.

I'm sure I'm not alone in that thought.

Now obviously it was something more serious which the benefit of hindsight n all that.

I'm a regular dart user and service and announcements can be very poor especially in winter.

There are plenty of times where a more direct approach from them would be appreciated.

" we recommend you leave the station now and find alternative transport "

Rather than leaving everyone like a bunch of lemons on the platform afraid to leave incase as soon as you leave the station the train you've been waiting on for last 30, 40, 50 mins finally pulls in.

I completely agree, its happened to me more than a handful of times both on IR and TFL, I have no issue with ppl being angry about not being told when or where the next transport was or due. It was the heartlessness of ppl(using their own names and so can be traced back to them in the future) that annoyed me.

Afaik, tranpasser on the line is international code for suspected suicide attempt, as was pointed out to ppl giving out on twitter. Additionally, being so aggressive/arrogant about someone on the edge, wasn't going to make things go any faster or the poster feel any better about their situation

Given the lack of compassion shown, I can see why suicide is rising.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,224 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When tragic incidents do happen in rail lines and people know what the story is. They can be real twats about it.
    I get that your inconvenienced but there's no need to put it on Twitter.
    If anybody says anything to them.
    They say the person was selfish towards their family, the driver and the emergency services.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,807 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

This is NOT a dig at you Bredabe but every time I see ppl I think of Private Pilots Licence - brings me back years when a housemate was training for his, he used to go on a bit, TA like :D

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm on a train. The chap sitting opposite me stinks of digested alcohol. He's just ordered a beer, which contributes to the smell of drunk vomit. Oh, and there's a whiff of sweaty-feet-that-spent-too-much-time-in-runners coming from somewhere around here, too, and someone else just doused themselves in cheap, metallic-smelling aftershave. Please, kill me know, it's more than my stomach and nose can take.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,224 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know somebody and if you ask questions your being nosy and if you don't you don't care about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭Be right back

Using the slow cooker, turn it on, pop the food in and leave the house for a bit only to come back to realise that you had it on in the keep warm setting!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement