Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Driving through a busy junction, two lanes. I'm in the outside Lane but notice inside Lane has stopped.... Eh what's ahead of me....Oh the courteous driver on the inside has stopped to let the filter traffic through.... Forgetting there's cars behind them stuck in the middle of a junction.... Didn't really affect me but there's times I wonder about people :D

New Home wrote: »
    I'm on a train. The chap sitting opposite me stinks of digested alcohol. He's just ordered a beer, which contributes to the smell of drunk vomit. Oh, and there's a whiff of sweaty-feet-that-spent-too-much-time-in-runners coming from somewhere around here, too, and someone else just doused themselves in cheap, metallic-smelling aftershave. Please, kill me know, it's more than my stomach and nose can take.

Extra annoyance if the fall asleep and head starts invading your space :o

Happened to me when younger..... I've toughened up since then :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Having to put string on baubles

honeybear wrote: »
    Having to put string on baubles

Oh that's so fiddly!

I may have had a strop over that a few yrs ago :) there's a reason why they were cheap...well mine were can't speak for yours!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Using the slow cooker, turn it on, pop the food in and leave the house for a bit only to come back to realise that you had it on in the keep warm setting!

Or come back to see that one of the kids has plugged it out because they wanted to make toast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Beginnings of the flu and my nose is running like a tap. Fúcking sick of drying it.

Edit: And here comes the vomiting. Just kill me and be done with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

When I forget to turn off my invisibility powers it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Alecto wrote: »
    When I forget to turn off my invisibility powers it seems.

You stalking me again?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

The plastic cover openers on packets of ham and other meats/cheese. Either the looser bit isn't loose enough for anyone with cut fingernails to get a grip on or else it will rip before it reaches the main part!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I know somebody and if you ask questions your being nosy and if you don't you don't care about them.

I see you know my sister-in-law :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Just got my lower back sorted now and the remedy for that means using my bad shoulder and tipping it over to being sore 24/7.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I spent €46 on a beautiful, ornate pearl headband. I tried it on yesterday and it cannot be seen when worn because my hair is so blonde, the pearls just blend in.
    It just looks like I have a lumpy head. And I can’t return it. I’m disgusted :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

The ultra precocious, loud, really well read, Americanised kids next to me are headwrecking beyond belief. They are also sweet and really well mannered to the staff though so I feel evil.

The girl just instructed her mother on how to use her cutlery. And the parents seem totally normal - bizarre!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

SusieBlue wrote: »
    I spent €46 on a beautiful, ornate pearl headband. I tried it on yesterday and it cannot be seen when worn because my hair is so blonde, the pearls just blend in.
    It just looks like I have a lumpy head. And I can’t return it. I’m disgusted :pac:

The only solution is to dye your hair :pac:

My hairdresser put up a post on her Facebook page (her personal page, not the salon, but her personal page is public anyway.

"Any other hairdressers sick to the teeth of wine and chocolates? Wish customers would get a bit of originality, hahaha"

I have an appointment with her during the week and had bought her some (nice) chocolates and a (nice) bottle of wine.
    I'll be enjoying them myself now and she can go whistle if she thinks she's getting ANYTHING from me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,423 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My hairdresser put up a post on her Facebook page (her personal page, not the salon, but her personal page is public anyway.

"Any other hairdressers sick to the teeth of wine and chocolates? Wish customers would get a bit of originality, hahaha"

I have an appointment with her during the week and had bought her some (nice) chocolates and a (nice) bottle of wine.
    I'll be enjoying them myself now and she can go whistle if she thinks she's getting ANYTHING from me.

"I thought about getting you wine and chocolates, but then I remembered: it's the thought that counts." :cool:

My non neurodiverse ex classmate has just announced that she is 'only going for the degree', as a post grad would be too much work.
    TA, how much ppl like that take these great gifts for granted.

Brand new gas heater and kettles being refused by charity's over H&S,
    I get the safety aspects, but ppl are cold and these will never be used!

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

Bredabe wrote: »

Compo culture....I had a nice glass jug that was also refused ...apparently no sticker on it warning that it was not suitable for boiling water.

Didn't really think that was necessary as who would be foolish enough to put boiling water into a glass jug ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,077 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

New Home wrote: »
    "I thought about getting you wine and chocolates, but then I remembered: it's the thought that counts." :cool:

I was going to suprise my hairdresser with a bottle too.
    It would be a big surprise for the lad as the last time he cut my hair it was 1998.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

DareGod wrote: »
    I don't carry cash either, which makes tipping difficult.

Would it kill you too carry a small amount of cash to make tipping..... easier ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Raconteuse

Good god is she for real?!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,790 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Bredabe wrote: »

Not the charities' fault if people have turned into litigious cünts.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,453 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

I would asbstain from cash tipping her, as it is unoriginal ;) as well.

The custom of handshaking needs to die out.
    I don't do it, ever since my girlfriend had leukaemia and had to be protected from cold and flu germs.
    We all pick up germs on our hands in between washing.

It clearly offends some people if their outstretched hand is ignored, but I can't be dealing with justifying myself on this.

Strange. If I had leukaemia and couldn't shake hands I would say "I'm sorry but...."

Your TA is my TA but in a different way.

I made a rhyme :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Stupid software needing updates all the time. Every time I turn on the young lads Xbox it needs an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Not the charities' fault if people have turned into litigious cünts.

I worked for charities and we secretly took them. You can take them and we got around it telling people the rule of health and safety telling them we can't sell it to you but you can just take it and if you feel inclined to leave a donation on the way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭Alecto

human beings. That is my TA. HUMANS.

Hell really is other people :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

+1 for this, this is also my TA

This discussion has been closed.