Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who tested positive, how are you feeling?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Thanks that made me feel better

Already after been told I'll infect 1000s if I go

Anyone else get tooth pain ?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hopgirl

More energy than normal and a appetite. I would have my dinner and be hungry an hour later not like me at all. The abundance of energy didn't last when i went back to work. I had to go to bed when I got home and it was only a half day 🙈.

I would have loved to have meals brought to me or better be home alone with no child 😀.

When I had it the weather was great so got jobs done that I had put off and went for walks.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭cheezums

yes I had this. Random sharp pains in front teeth lasting for a few seconds at a time. I knew it was covid as I had my teeth checked recently and no cavities. very strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭cheezums

Day 7 here and still quite sick, bad headache, cough, sore throat, tiredness. Still positive on the antigens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,883 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Pain in the upper back teeth can be caused by sinus issues.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Day 3 now and still more like cold symptoms, small cough but energy levels still OK

Not sleeping well even with taking sleeping tablets. I'd fall asleep late but wake up early and not get back to sleep

Tests still showing positive, due to get the HSE ones today or tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

hope you feel better asap

did you manage to sell on your Greenday ticket?

Yeah thankfully

I almost out the door to head up (I'd buy a ticket up there) but declined in the end. Head was flipping 'go or don't go' all day yesterday and dis morning

Due to head to Elton John on Friday in Cork and god willing I'll be going. Noting more I can do really by then regarding isolation by then (synthoms last Thursday/isolation Friday morning)

Truly after hitting me today like a train all of a sudden. Thank god I didn't end up going to Green Day

Pins and needles, low energy nausea

Let's hope it passes sooner rather than later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I'm nearly two weeks from when I think I first had symptoms and while I could always sleep for Ireland at anytime of the day and I had no really bad symptoms I find myself even sleepier than normal. Still have the occasional weird burnt coffee smell in my noise.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Bubonic

I am on day three, the weekend has been hell, especially Sunday afternoon. Temperature was over 40, pains in head, teeth, eyes etc.

Feel much better now but not sleeping for some reason, however, I don't feel tired. Appetite is back but I can only manage small meals.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭2 fast

I just felt really tired for a couple of days but thought it was because I was after increasing my exercise regime and walling. Then last Thur sore throat and Friday sinus burning and pain. Then by Sun felt fine just a slight cold.

I really wouldn't have thought it was covid going by how ppl describe, it seemed more like allergies.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I suffer from some sort of "hay fever" and my covid symptoms would have been very similar.

Wake me up when it's all over.

gee the contrast between different people's symptoms is unreal - this virus really keeps us guessing

Got a negative result an hour ago on a non HSE Antigen test

Still have mild synthoms but energy moving back up.

when did your symptoms start?

if within 8 days i'd say its a false negative...

antigen test results are not reliable..

I only got a positive result on day 4

your contagious for about 8 days (day 0 - when symptoms start)

started this day week (tues 21st) gradually moving up to Thursday 23rd and then positive test Friday morning (24th)

I'm going to do a HSE test later on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,259 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I'm on day 5 now, lot better but still a lot of tiredness, slept for 14 hours last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,429 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

We've had covid in the house twice now and the one symptom I seem to be getting (and see it as a bit of a 'covid sign' now) is this really intense headache right between my eyes. It's a headache I can't remember ever having due to anything else. It also seems to be making me clench my teeth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

In the second full day of Covid. Started coming on Sunday evening with a mild fever. Monday morning got a positive antigen result. Mild flu symptoms throughout the day, mainly fever and a headache. Some but not much coughing. Very slight sore throat.

Much better today (Tuesday). Still a slight headache but fever seems to have broken. I got the two vaccine shots in the first half of last year mainly for the purposes of travel and I think these are providing some protection. Overall I've had much worse with flus over the years.

I will still avoid spreading it around now that I have it as I would with the flu.

oh ok same as me - mine started Tue too (in hind sight)

might be a true negative so..

though you don't need to do any more tests really..

from tomorrow on your good to so, if you symptoms are gone

Done a HSE one and it was positive (C line full and a really faded line on T) but i am feeling a lot better, hopefully a sign its coming to an end

• Registered Users Posts: 8,201 ✭✭✭ongarite

Tested positive yesterday for first time.

Woke up with headache which wouldn't shift all day. Feeling in my nose like bad sinus. Energy levels dropped as day went on & feeling poorly by evening with slight cough & tight chest.

Poorly today with very low energy levels, sore neck & arms, legs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Question ..... on day 7 or 8 of isolating if doing an antigen test - will the test be negative or still positive ????

Just wondering...... am heading back to work on day 8 either way

Could be wrong but think Covid could be still in your system after day 7 (still showing positive result even though you have very mild/no symptoms)but its not transmissible

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭2 fast

I thought once you've no new symptoms and 2 negatives tests within 48hrs you were okay

you could still be positive on antigen test.. but not contagious (after 8 days in total with 1st day of symptoms being day 0)

ie: don't bother doing antigen tests after 8 days in total

well started having symptoms on Tue - didn't get a positive antigen test till Fri.. and I had no symptoms by then..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

my wife is currently locked in the bedroom with it.

its funny, i had it pre vaccines, and in all honestyh i breezed through it, fever for 24 hours and loss of taste and smell, that was it.

this new variant is supposed to be mild, we've all had boosters etc... and it seems to me my wife is 20 times worse than i was. She's got the worst cough ive ever heard, no energy, bunged up. Looks a real nasty dose to be honest.

she wasnt feeling 100% on Saturday, but tested negative on an antigen. Negative again on Monday, but wasnt feeling any better so tested again yesterday morning, and it finally showed up as positive. Im hoping she's fairly free of it by the weekend as currently doing my best to keep our 2 young children out of the house and im sleeping in a childs bunk bed to.....im 6ft 3......its beyond a tight squeeze 🙃

Advertisement