Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People who tested positive, how are you feeling?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

I took the Antigen tests right through & all negative. My daughter did not catch it off me thankfully & I was not able to isolate from her. She also had a PCR

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I tested positive on an antigen the day I had proper symptoms. I'd done a test the night before as a precaution and it was negative. The following day it only took about two minutes for the red line to appear. Still positive yesterday on day 7 albeit fainter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭sporina

thanks all

i rang my GP and as my antigen tests wer negative he won't refer me for a PCR... and I'm not of age etc

booked a PCR test via the HSE helpline

later this eve

finger's crossed its -ve for my Dad's sake

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

My local test center was a ghost town. You could literally turn up and book a test in the next half hour while outside. Chatting to the "staff" they said that Covid was over as far as the government was concerned and that all the test centers were shutting down in the next couple of months.

Post edited by The Continental Op on

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement

yeah there wer loads of staff standing around doing nada

i actually feel just like when I had my 1st vaccine shot.. only worse.. ie: body aches are worse and lasting longer.. guess I'll know either way tomorrow (i hope)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭cheezums

Day 4 and I'm just starting to feel better. I'd rank it up there with your typical flu. Headaches, nasty cough, pains in my eyes and bizarrely my teeth. Congested. Tired.

All the people I know who never got it are getting it now. Surely this is the last wave.

I do wonder what it would be like without the vaccine and booster. Like has my vaccine completely worn off 6 months later or would I have been in hospital without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Space Dog

I caught it nearly three weeks ago after having avoided it for more than 2 years. Had a sick cert for 2 weeks, I felt rotten.

I had pretty much every symptom: Started with a sore throat, then body aches, headache, a high fever for 4 days, cough, a runny nose, then my nose was blocked. I lost my smell and taste completely and basically needed a nap after going to the bathroom/kitchen or making a sandwich. I never had the proper flu but I'd imagine that's what it feels like. It was definitely way worse than a cold for me.

My smell and taste have thankfully come back. Tested negative again on the 10th day, still felt exhausted at that stage.

I guess I had nearly no antibodies left after getting the booster at the end of December.

My OH didn't feel too bad, but developed a chest infection and had to go on steroids and antibiotics. Will probably need another round as the cough has come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭homewardbound11

Have it now since Tuesday and strep throat is the worst I’ve had in a long time . I wish I could get antibiotics but my doctor is refusing to prescribe them as it is covid . The amount of green phlem when I’m able to get it up is unreal . Feel like crap but mostly the throat. It feels at times as if the body is taking a rest and the nausea and flu like symptoms kick in .

any tips for reducing the strep throat .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,880 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Is it not partially that they are incredibly restrictive about who can get a test? I couldn't.

Plus statistics wise how many people are self registering positive antigens I would say it is a small fraction.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,880 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Sore throat the old water and salt can help, but for me diflam spray is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ryna23

thanks for sharing

green usually means infection.. i'd say go back to your GP - call em - sounds like you need an antib'

just got my results - 21 hr wait - i'm positive gggggrrrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Tested positive this day last week after avoiding it up until now. I had sore throat, headache, sore eyes, congestion and fever for 3 days, but the worst thing was the fatigue, all the other symptoms have passed at this stage, and I'm back working (from home) but I can't shake off the tiredness. Struggling to get out of bed in the mornings, finding it hard to concentrate on anything and lacking motivation. Has anyone else experienced this the week after?

gee sorry to hear that - my symptoms only started on Tue.. just sore back.. then sore all over.. temp.. but feeling much better now but just got news I'm +ve.. after all antigen tests wer -ve.. grr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Anyone else smell something strange after covid? I can't really describe it but I can smell something like a cross between burning plastic and burnt coffee. Very strange not had it before. No loss of taste or smell while I had covid but now I just occasionally get this weird smell.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Had this for new months,eventually the smell goes. Even woke me up and I thought something in the house was on fire.

Also,

Kids positive....... Again.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Tested negative today on day 9. Pretty much fully recovered now thankfully. Just an occasional cough. I didn't get it too bad overall but I wouldn't be in a hurry to get it again all the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

The fatigue was the worst for me too.

Tested positive on antigen on Monday morning. Fever only on Monday along with a slight headache, then Tuesday I was sneezing a lot and on Wednesday a bit of coughing. Fatigue throughout the 3 days, i partly blame the blocked nose and that i wasn't getting good sleep. I tried to work through it but were only lasting a few hours each day.

A bit better today, just coughing every now and again, though still tested positive. But I reckon that I'm already in the recovery process.

mad how its different for everyone..

twill be interesting to see how I am in the am - right now, just sore hands and worried about how I'll get thru isolation.. not use to being at home all day

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭hopgirl

I felt like I had a weird one, it had the opposite effect on me I had loads of energy and no fatigue. I would love a nap if I was at home and have a lie down if i could. When I had covid I tried to have a nap couldn't sleep, I would be falling asleep late but waking up early.

If i didn't have a pcr test I would have doubted the antigen test. Every morning I wake up thinking am I gonna feel like how my family members were feeling but no. A normal cold would knock me for six.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Taste and smell gone today with a small cough. Runny nose getting better. Fatigue and energy is ok

Stuck in a pickle as I have a ticket to Green Day tomorrow and I feel very up to going but the moral of it is killing me as it could lead to worse things even though I am going to mask up and use contactless. Only have 1 close contact

Head is melted thinking about what to do

@hopgirl

loads of energy? like, more than usual?

different for sure..

i've been fine since Thurs around 3pm..

went for walks - thought id be wrecked after em but no..

enjoying the silver linings.. meals being brought to my bedroom door.. watching movies/tv, reading, talking on phone..

not bad weather for it as its lashing - twud be hard to isolate when well if the sun was out

• Registered Users Posts: 13,292 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Lots of sneezing, bit achy, the waves of tiredness are the worst of it.

Yay or nay for risking going to a concert tomorrow ?

Feel up to it but I'd be technically breaking the law

• Registered Users Posts: 13,292 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It's pretty much every where now.

I'm still going to work, im self employed and not meeting anyone. I think it is prolonging it for me though but what can 1 do

If i went

Could I be sacked from my job even though I'm technically on covid leave ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

You're not breaking any laws by not isolating. But it's wrong going out like that even with contactless and masks.

Advertisement