Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Destiny General Discussion 2.0

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

SeanHarty wrote: »
    If only there was someway to know which ones you have and which you don't, like I dunno a kiosk?? I know its a mad idea :pac:

The Destiny app shows you in collections whats missing etc :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

jonnycivic wrote: »
    The Destiny app shows you in collections whats missing etc :P

So it does. So yeah, missing the three guns I mentioned (need to do Arms Dealer for Legend of Acrius), have all Titan exotic armour, missing a couple of the armour pieces for Hunter and Warlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Angron wrote: »
    I think all I'm missing at this point is Legend of Acrius, Crimson, and The Colony. Might be missing some of the armour pieces, but I don't really keep track of those ones.

I'm missing the Rat King - Saw the hoops you need to jump through to get it and thought it would be too much of a pain in the @ss to be bothered.

Is it decent?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm missing the Rat King - Saw the hoops you need to jump through to get it and thought it would be too much of a pain in the @ss to be bothered.

Is it decent?

Not really. On its own it's not as good as other exotics, I've never run it with a team though. Everyone just prefers to use other guns in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Chimp I really think we should both get Sea of Thieves so when we attack someone's both we I can just scream "Chimp AHOY!"

I've bought games for less content (No Mans Sky, Destiny 2 :pac:)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I've bought games for less content (No Mans Sky, Destiny 2 :pac:)!

Just think of how happy it'll make me to be able to shout that and it actually make sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Fall of Osiris web-comic is out for anyone that can be arsed reading it

https://comics.bungie.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

There's also a code for an ingame emblem

(XFVKHPN97 for the lazy, redeem on bungie.net )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,295 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I GOT MY JADE RABBIT BACK!

Its not as good as it used to be.... BUT I GOT MY JADE RABBIT BACK!

• Advertisement

I GOT MY JADE RABBIT BACK!

Its not as good as it used to be.... BUT I GOT MY JADE RABBIT BACK!

Never had one :(

Finished off the raid lair last night! Pretty good addition to the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

wexdevil wrote:
    (XFVKHPN97 for the lazy, redeem on bungie.net )

Or the Destiny app (redirects you to the Bungie page online)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

Saint-14 seems like a bit of a sap in that.
    I was expecting him to be Shaxx only MOAR awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Tazzimus wrote:
    Saint-14 seems like a bit of a sap in that. I was expecting him to be Shaxx only MOAR awesome.

I disliked the comic a lot.
    The speaker was made some generic antagonist and Saint 14 a sycophant.

Kinda missed the whole destiny feel in my opinion.

On a better note all 3 characters 335 now

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Played a few games of Mayhem as a Nightstalker, great craic. Getting between 12-15 tethers per game. See radar ping an enemy around a corner, throw smoke to lure, wait for super, fire tether, profit.

• Advertisement

I was just throwing Nova bombs out door ways or in the general direction of enemies and letting it find it's own way.

I'd fling one, leg it the other direction and about ten seconds later I'd get a kill pop up on screen.

Nightstalkers and Golden Gunners are a pain in that mode. Went up against 3 Nightstalkers and a Golden Gun, got rekt.

Good fun though :D

Tazzimus wrote: »

its so sad that a company spending millions on a game cant come up with a story line as good as that would have been...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Interesting in that there's a scannable in the new Tower which clearly states that Hawthorne and her crowd have been stealing from the vanguard.

nevelator wrote:
    Played a few games of Mayhem as a Nightstalker, great craic. Getting between 12-15 tethers per game. See radar ping an enemy around a corner, throw smoke to lure, wait for super, fire tether, profit.

Tazzimus wrote:
    I was just throwing Nova bombs out door ways or in the general direction of enemies and letting it find it's own way.

Tazzimus wrote:
    Nightstalkers and Golden Gunners are a pain in that mode. Went up against 3 Nightstalkers and a Golden Gun, got rekt.

Supers feel like they fill faster than D1, while grenades don't?

Interesting in that there's a scannable in the new Tower which clearly states that Hawthorne and her crowd have been stealing from the vanguard.
    Where's that?
    there's loads of ones dotted around the place for the Speaker, Eris, Banshee etc

• Advertisement

Where's that?
    there's loads of ones dotted around the place for the Speaker, Eris, Banshee etc

I'll do a video tutorial when I get home.

Tune in to Twitch live at 8pm when Optimus saunters around the Tower pointing at stuff!

I'll let you find out what it says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Once I landed in the EDZ by the church, and the radio chatter in the background was about hawthorne and their gang, talking about looking out for themselves.

Nice if these are seeds for some future story.

This video has all the lore from the scans aswell, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP-UlnhntWc

Guys,

My Clan has died a death, I think I am the only active person out of the 100+ members!!

Looking to jump ship. Would there be any decent clans willing to take me in?
    XBOX One
    35+
    Main focus is PVE but am okay in PVP also.

Cheers

PetKing wrote: »
    Tune in to Twitch live at 8pm when Optimus saunters around the Tower pointing at stuff!

Mynameisbyf will be joining me Christmas Eve to tell us about super secret hidden Tower stuff.

See you starside Guardians.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Jesus.. D2 + Expansion Pass is down to $31.99 in US GameStop

https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/destiny-2-expansion-pass-playstation-network/156556

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

Guys,

My Clan has died a death, I think I am the only active person out of the 100+ members!!

Looking to jump ship. Would there be any decent clans willing to take me in?
    XBOX One
    35+
    Main focus is PVE but am okay in PVP also.

Cheers

Are you in the boards clan ? I'm still plugging 15k into those clan numbers every week. Always a few on and still making the 100k a week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Uninstalled ! game is pants, thankfully I didn't buy DLC either, played it with friends account and was bored to tears.
    Bungie your in a sad sad state right now.

Dcully wrote: »
    Uninstalled ! game is pants, thankfully I didn't buy DLC either, played it with friends account and was bored to tears.

Oh well.

I'm still enjoying it, despite the many flaws.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote:
    Uninstalled ! game is pants, thankfully I didn't buy DLC either, played it with friends account and was bored to tears. Bungie your in a sad sad state right now.

Ah **** they're finished now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

Dcully wrote: »

It's a pity, the PC port plays so well but the game has died a quick death. I doubt they'll get anyone to come back to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

bugs wrote: »
    It's a pity, the PC port plays so well but the game has died a quick death. I doubt they'll get anyone to come back to it.

Yeah it is a superb port.Maybe they can turn it around I certainly hooe so.

I'm really enjoying the verses collection.. I like the grind!!
    Only 1 more left and I have the full weapon set.

I suspect there will be a raft of changes coming this new year - There has to be, investor return on investment will demand it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 235 ✭✭ChrisMcCauley

Started my seventh character yesterday (3 on PS4 already and replacing duplicate Titan on PC).  The game always starts well but it's let down badly by the end game. The verses and master works are small steps in the right direction. That Perfect Paradox quest line was very D1 too.

Started my seventh character yesterday (3 on PS4 already and replacing duplicate Titan on PC).  The game always starts well but it's let down badly by the end game. The verses and master works are small steps in the right direction. That Perfect Paradox quest line was very D1 too.

Don't mind me asking if end game is such a let down why replace a character?

I'm replacing a second Titan with a first Hunter.  Don't normally like Hunters but just for completeness ...
    Also, the grind for a new character is fine, it's just when you hit 330-335 it gets boring.  The raid isn't my cup of tea so having completed it once I didn't bother going back.  The raid layer is fun though and more like D1

I only left it with two characters on the PS4, doubt I'll make a hunter unless it's just for the achievement.

Exactly, just for the "Achievement Unlocked"

• Advertisement

i have all three characaters and have fun playing each of them each week, but i've not put the time into running the raid multiple times a week to get it done on each like I would have done with D1 - though i think that is down to a general lack of raid runs. I'd probably run them more if the groups were there. Meh, not too bothered about it.

Like Striker Titan, liked solar titan in mayhem.
    Like Solar, Arc and Void Hunter for different things. Throwing up tethers every few seconds with orphious rig is amazing. Acr strider with the chest piece last an age and is great for ad clearing. Golden gun is infuriating cause my reactions and aiming aren't good enough.... ALSO WHY CAN A HAMMER TITAN ONE HIT ME BUT MY GOLDEN GUN ONLY DOES 80% TO HIM!?

Not played Warlock as much, Voidlock with Devour and that punching glove exotic, great fun. Arc Buddies, great. Solar.... i dunno. Not a fan of Solarlock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm replacing a second Titan with a first Hunter. Don't normally like Hunters but just for completeness ...
    Also, the grind for a new character is fine, it's just when you hit 330-335 it gets boring. The raid isn't my cup of tea so having completed it once I didn't bother going back. The raid layer is fun though and more like D1

What's the story with going from 330-335? I haven't been back since the DLC and if this bit is dull I may wait until the next DLC comes out and skip this step all together.

gimli2112 wrote:
    What's the story with going from 330-335? I haven't been back since the DLC and if this bit is dull I may wait until the next DLC comes out and skip this step all together.

Ah its not bad gimli just a bit grindy.
    Trials drop gear upto 335
    And so do both raids
    And exotics
    Not sure about nightfall.

Sure if you wanna do a raid let us know we run a few a week nó bother squeezing you in, especially after all the gear you dropped wonder in division 😀

There's nothing particularly bad going from 330 to 335, it's just that by then you've done everything there is to do.  Masterworks helps with the boredom as do the CoO weapons grind (Perfect Paradox was a nice surprise) but the lack of new quest lines and no real rolls on anything really detracts from the end game.

Playing the division again has soured me a bit on D2.

end game has so many builds and specs to grind for and weapons to get the perfect rolls, and then the div tech to upgrade them.

D2 has no end game grind and its the real problem.

unfortunatley all internet seems to be focusing on eververse..... just dont buy the ****e and they`ll get the damn message.

The hardcore of my Destiny Clan (many since Year 1) are switching to The Division.  Eververse doesn't bother me, I'm never going to buy anything there because I don't care about the visual appearance of my character, ship etc. As you say, it's the lack of an end-game that annoys me as well as the general dumbing-down to attract casuals that has wrecked the game.

• Advertisement

The hardcore of my Destiny Clan (many since Year 1) are switching to The Division.  Eververse doesn't bother me, I'm never going to buy anything there because I don't care about the visual appearance of my character, ship etc. As you say, it's the lack of an end-game that annoys me as well as the general dumbing-down to attract casuals that has wrecked the game.

And the sad thing is, the casuals being what they are, casuals, have already left the game and moved on. All that's left are the hardcore Destiny fans and they are rightly feeling p!$$ed off!

At the end of the day.. it's all about the cash.

Take a look at the 2017 Q3 financial results from Activision. D2 is a big callout!

http://files.shareholder.com/downloads/ACTI/5813398754x0x962445/E4416B6E-5AA6-4A33-B757-059791E39179/ATVI_Q3_2017_Press_Release.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

The problem with destiny 2 is the lack of reward.

Get your bright engrams each week and stop. Why both playing another strike when the likelihood is you'll get nothing decent from it.

I remember playing strikes and Nightfalls in D1 loads because there was a chance you'd get something decent.

I don't know I think I might have burnt out of Destiny in general.

Playing Gran Turismo and a few other games at the moment. Maybe I'll come back to D2 but right now it nearly feels like a chore of a game. The grind isn't fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Bungo never learnt from their D1 mistakes:

It appears, that in a shockingly similar situation to D1, D2's development was REBOOTED early 2016.
    Reddit Link

Also, Bungie looking for a new Head of Narrative Development
    Reddit Link
    Recruitment Site Job Listing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

its hard to make a case/argument as to why they didn't get this one right from day one. They knew the issues, they had the feedback from millions of fans but still managed to make it an average game.

I know it's one of those things everyone says but seriously Activision just like EA or Ubisoft have a lot to answer for.

I already boycott all EA and Ubisoft titles. Looks like Activision could be next,.

That said Bungie aren't the Bungie I remember from Halo 2 and 3 unfortunately so maybe I and others just need to let go.

I would LOVE to see what the game was looking like and the design goals being aimed at before the reboot. I don't expect we every will know - but it would be super interesting if the original design goals would have been better than what we got.

As for the post above - I am becoming less and less angry at Activision, as it is looking more and more that the blame is squarely on Bungie for decisions they made all on their own.

• Advertisement
Advertisement