Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going to try and lose 60lbs in 28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

spurious wrote: »
    Yikes. Mine burst too, but I was lucky it happened slowly (spluttered rather than popped) and they just pumped me full of antibiotics.

Will the surgery impact much on your experiment or will you go ahead?

I'm going to have to stop . Its important to get the bowels working after surgery

• Registered Users Posts: 24,559 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    "2500/day is a typical break even amount for males.Are you serious? ALL males? So your not taking into accounts height or exercise volume. That calorie level will be for me at 6ft tall 32 inch waist which i calculate will be 10%. Ill also be exercising with weights 5 days a week for at least 1 hour and doing 10k steps daily.lDo you see how where fitness is concerned everyone is an expert and agrue over the most minute details

I'm 6ft with a 32" waist, do 10k steps and train at least as much as you're suggesting and 2700-3000 would definitely be more than I'd eat on an average day and I'm 184-186 lbs.

Anyway, it's sort of moot for the time being.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,160 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

I think given my current situation I can be given a little leeway for being cranky
    No, I would respectfully suggest that there's no excuse for treating someone who's offering helpful advice in that manner tbh.

I'm 6ft with a 32" waist, do 10k steps and train at least as much as you're suggesting and 2700-3000 would definitely be more than I'd eat on an average day and I'm 184-186 lbs.

Anyway, it's sort of moot for the time being.

Are you trying to maintain or gain muscle slightly

Are you trying to maintain or gain muscle slightly

I wouldn't be going beyond 2700 at most if I was looking to add muscle.

But like I said, we're in running before you can walk territory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭shaveAbullock

Fun fact, the pound is now practically a metric measurement as it is defined as a decimal of 1 KG
    An inch is the same with it's exact measure defined in millimetres.

I wouldn't be going beyond 2700 at most if I was looking to add muscle.

But like I said, we're in running before you can walk territory.

We aren't talking about an awful alot of extra calories. As long as you keep an eye on your waist and cut back once it starts to creep past 32.5

We aren't talking about an awful alot of extra calories. As long as you keep an eye on your waist and cut back once it starts to creep past 32.5

I've been within 1kg of my current weight for a few years now. I know how it responds. Thst includes a few competition training cycles where I may have a lot of volume and have to eat accordingly

I've been within 1kg of my current weight for a few years now. I know how it responds. Thst includes a few competition training cycles where I may have a lot of volume and have to eat accordingly

I'd be interested in seeing your weights routine

My training is in this sub-forum.

That said, my training goals are quite different to yours right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Honest question OP. What is the point of this thread?

Are you looking for input from others?

Or are you looking to do your thing with absolutely no input from others?

Because it seems you want to do the latter, but a discussion forum is the exact place where you shouldn't do that.

I think given my current situation I can be given a little leeway for being cranky

You've been given 4 pages of leeway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Whatever way this turns out, one way or another there's gonna be a whole lot of "I to you so“s.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Honest question OP. What is the point of this thread?

Are you looking for input from others?

Or are you looking to do your thing with absolutely no input from others?

Because it seems you want to do the latter, but a discussion forum is the exact place where you shouldn't do that.

This is a fitness log primarily where I was going to document what I was intending to do . I was open to a discussion but I am in no way obliged to put those recommendations into action . If I don't agree with you I don't agree with you your just going to have to deal with it. Its simple logic really . If you or anyone else starts a fitness log they will have the same rights and privlenges

You've been given 4 pages of leeway.

What the hell is that supposed to mean.?Its my thread I stood up for what I believe . And I'm entitled to my opinion What would the alternative be according to your logic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,736 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

This is a fitness log primarily where I was going to document what I was intending to do . I was open to a discussion but I am in no way obliged to put those recommendations into action . If I don't agree with you I don't agree with you your just going to have to deal with it. Its simple logic really . If you or anyone else starts a fitness log they will have the same rights and privlenges

I don’t think starving yourself for a month can be seen as any type of fitness regime

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I don’t think starving yourself for a month can be seen as any type of fitness regime

Your ignorant to the science that I know . A 300lb person has massive nutrient reserve on there own body . But your not going to agree so why keep arguing. By the way the process of starvation MUSCLE WASTING can only happen bodyfat is very very low. Some people around here live such a comfortable life that the idea of skipping breakfast is torture

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Dtp1979 wrote: »

Why?

It's not the route you would choose I assume. But it certainly is a viable way to lose weight which (I think) puts it in the category of a fitness regime.

You may question whether it's the most effective way, whether the OP will manage to stick to it, whether its healthy and whether if he does stick to it whether he will sustain the weight loss.

But, regardless of whether you agree with it, I dont see how you can question whether it's a fitness regime

Some people around here live such a comfortable life that the idea of skipping breakfast is torture

To be fair, you haven't actually followed through on it, given the medical reason, so you're not in a position to make comments about why other people wouldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭blackbox

Don't mind people who say you shouldn't have this thread.
    I'm interested to hear how you get on with your plan (without telling you you should be doing something different).
    Good luck and get well soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

. Some people around here live such a comfortable life that the idea of skipping breakfast is torture

Dude, you're 300 pounds and your attitude stinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Heres Johnny

Knew one guy in work that would do these crazy diets, basically starving himself to lose weight. Want as heavy as you, maybe 16 stone but wasn't a big guy, small shoulders etc wouldn't have much muscle so plenty overweight. Anyway, he'd persist for 3 or 4 days at a time until he broke and went back to his bad diet of crisps and coke and other rubbish. But his work was suffering too, he was tired all the time and even fell off a ladder once because of dizziness.

To be fair, you haven't actually followed through on it, given the medical reason, so you're not in a position to make comments about why other people wouldn't do it.

Lol since when is skipping breakfast the same as what I was planning ? There's a world of a difference . I've done omad many times and did a 5 day fast before aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

It's nearly a week.
    How much are you down?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Fluffy101

Your ignorant to the science that I know . A 300lb person has massive nutrient reserve on there own body . But your not going to agree so why keep arguing. By the way the process of starvation MUSCLE WASTING can only happen bodyfat is very very low. Some people around here live such a comfortable life that the idea of skipping breakfast is torture

Can you explain this bit, fat isn't a nutrient reserve... its an energy reserve, completely different.

Fluffy101 wrote: »
    Can you explain this bit, fat isn't a nutrient reserve... its an energy reserve, completely different.

Bodyfat contains all the fat soluble nutrients . Obviously it's primarily a macro nutrient but it does contain micro nutrients as well. The whole point of it as an emergency energy resource would be redundant otherwise

Pkiernan wrote: »
    It's nearly a week.
    How much are you down?

You'll need to read the bits you missed to know the current situation

• Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭Pkiernan

You'll need to read the bits you missed to know the current situation

I was wondering how you were getting on.

Is this thread just a joke? It should be moved to Afterhours so.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,715 ✭✭✭✭listermint

This thread is a whole load of inaction and argument for the sake of it

The gas thing is the OP is talking about muscle mass and retention when it's blatantly obvious the base position doesn't even warrant that conversation yet.

I'm no expert in fitness nor nutrition its way beyond by skillset. But due to careful reading and trial and error over the years I know my way around what works and what clearly does not.

And fasting yourself for a month doesn't. It's random it has no longevity . In a nutshell it's pointless.

And the talk about muscle.... Will ya pull the other one. Excuse the pun.

• Advertisement

I assume first week you'll lose a lot of water weight, make sure you get your vitamins and you should 100% have consulted your doctor and gotten bloods before this.

Advertisement