Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current affairs in Sweden

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

I think STV is Sweden's state broadcaster and they covered it.

Boy is convicted of kicking a bus driver

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Was there anything not factual in what I linked? I'm not here to contribute sources of my own, I'm afraid I don't spend my time looking for instances of crimes committed by immigrants or asylum seekers. I just think it's important people have all the facts pertaining to this matter before they pass judgement, as I said.
    "Truth will out", as Shakespeare said

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Slowyourrole

biko wrote: »
    The perpetrator was in court recently for kicking the bus driver in the head multiple times.
    Liyon Tesfagaber, 17, from Eritrea, claims the driver of the bus, Samir Tahir, started the fight.
    If Liyon was an adult he would have been jailed but because he's still a child legally he gets juvenile care.

Why has this particular assault caught your attention over all the other incidents of violence in the country?

Because current politics have taken Sweden to a place where honour killings, gang rape and child rape happens.

In Kiruna, far north of Sweden, three men chased a single man onto a bus and stabbed him to death if front of the occupants of the bus.

What is omitted in mainstream media is that all 4 are from Afghanistan and the assailants is a father and his two sons.
    The motive so far seems to be some sort of honour killing.
    The worst rape in Swedish history was at an asylum centre where 7 Afghan men raped a Swedish woman for hours.
    The woman was so severely injured that she was forced to sit in a wheelchair for a while and was treated at a psychiatric clinic in Vastervik four weeks.
    A 23 year old Iraqi immigrant dated a Swedish 17yo girl and killed her when she wanted to leave him.
    He then kept her head in a bag in the wardrobe.
    He was investigated for reasons on temporary insanity, and it turns out he was not insane during her brutal killing.
    A Somali immigrant raped a 12yo girl in 2018.
    He was released in 2019 and then in 2020 he kidnapped and raped a 9yo girl.

The world's first "feminist government" are making things worse for women and girls, not better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

The perpetrator was in court recently for kicking the bus driver in the head multiple times.
    Liyon Tesfagaber, 17, from Eritrea, claims the driver of the bus, Samir Tahir, started the fight.
    If Liyon was an adult he would have been jailed but because he's still a child legally he gets juvenile care.

It was four Muslim men that murdered the French bus driver a few weeks ago. The media have been very quiet about the race of the attackers , could you imagine if four white blokes killed a black bus driver , how much of an uproar would there be .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

It was four Muslim men that murdered the French bus driver a few weeks ago. The media have been very quiet about the race of the attackers , could you imagine if four white blokes killed a black bus driver , how much of an uproar would there be .

What happened the bus driver in France? I heard some public transport rep make reference to it last week when he was interviewed about his staff policing the wearing of masks on public transport in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Why has this particular assault caught your attention over all the other incidents of violence in the country?

Because those incidents don’t feed into the ridiculous agenda he has going on. It’s the end of times in Sweden doncha know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Because those incidents don’t feed into the ridiculous agenda he has going on. It’s the end of times in Sweden doncha know!

it isn't great over there by any stretch.

When the government and police start withholding crime stats , then you know there is a problem.

paw patrol wrote: »
    it isn't great over there by any stretch.

When the government and police start withholding crime stats , then you know there is a problem.

If all you ever look for is bad news all you will ever find is bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    What happened the bus driver in France? I heard some public transport rep make reference to it last week when he was interviewed about his staff policing the wearing of masks on public transport in Ireland.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0710/1152630-french-bus-driver-dead/

• Advertisement

There was a silent protest after the killing of the bus driver.

Two men have been charged with attempted murder, two others with non-assistance to a person in danger and another with attempting to hide a suspect, the local prosecutor’s office said.
    The two charged with attempted murder are aged 22 and 23.
    They were previously known to the police.
    Sources gives their names as Mohamed C., Mohammed A., Moussa B. and Sélim Z.

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭paw patrol

If all you ever look for is bad news all you will ever find is bad news.

i can agree with that too. It doesn't change my view on sweden's current state

A 23 year old Iraqi immigrant dated a Swedish 17yo girl and killed her when she wanted to leave him.
    He was investigated for reasons on temporary insanity, and it turns out he was not insane during her brutal killing.
    Tishko Ahmed has been sentence to life in prison for the murder of Wilma, 17.
    In Sweden "life" means no time limit but is usually around 15 years.

monstret.jpg

paw patrol wrote: »
    i can agree with that too. It doesn't change my view on sweden's current state

Which kind of proves my point.

Because current politics have taken Sweden to a place where honour killings, gang rape and child rape happens.

In Kiruna, far north of Sweden, three men chased a single man onto a bus and stabbed him to death if front of the occupants of the bus.

What is omitted in mainstream media is that all 4 are from Afghanistan and the assailants is a father and his two sons.
    The motive so far seems to be some sort of honour killing.
    The worst rape in Swedish history was at an asylum centre where 7 Afghan men raped a Swedish woman for hours.
    The woman was so severely injured that she was forced to sit in a wheelchair for a while and was treated at a psychiatric clinic in Vastervik four weeks.
    A Somali immigrant raped a 12yo girl in 2018.
    He was released in 2019 and then in 2020 he kidnapped and raped a 9yo girl.

The world's first "feminist government" are making things worse for women and girls, not better.

You've a fair talent for collating crimes by immigrants.

It’s all he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

It’s all he does.

Are they Incorrect ?

WrenBoy wrote: »
    Are they Incorrect ?

I would say that is unlikely. Nobody accused him of lying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I thought I was numb to the violence in Sweden but that rape of the 9yo girl? Jesus Christ...these crimes don't have to happen.

Can any of you pro-immigration people tell me how you will filter out the dangerous migrants? The criminals, the rapists, the terrorists ect?

Set your outlook to ignore things. Live in the nicest areas of a town with most self described progressives and let the rest enjoy the extreme free market position that many label solidarity.

I thought I was numb to the violence in Sweden but that rape of the 9yo girl? Jesus Christ...these crimes don't have to happen.

Can any of you pro-immigration people tell me how you will filter out the dangerous migrants? The criminals, the rapists, the terrorists ect?

Before they commit a crime? You can't. Same goes for non immigrant rapists, criminals and terrorists. There was a radical method tried in the film Minority Report but it was flawed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,379 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Before they commit a crime? You can't. Same goes for non immigrant rapists, criminals and terrorists. There was a radical method tried in the film Minority Report but it was flawed.

Cutting inward migration, rolling back asylum etc.

That would be considered an assault on the pure free market though.

Then the solution is stop importing third world migrants, especially young males.

Why should a 9yo Swedish girl be raped a knifepoint by a Somalian immigrant? Where are her rights to live in safety in her own country?

That's certainly a solution. Stopping all immigration would certainly ensure no foreign criminals get in legally. And as we all know, criminals are all about using legal methods to obtain their goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

So the solution is do nothing?
    Or you can simply observe facts, figures, stats and trends.

Many of these demonstrate that certain cultures, countries and ideologies demonstrate massive over-representation of not just all crimes, but also specific very unpleasent crimes.

Have a look at Eng&Wales, Sweden, Germany and so on for starters.

That's even before you consider economic and integration values e.g. standard points-pased systems.

So the solution is do nothing?

No, the solution is the same no matter where the offenders are from. Reduce the number of potential victims, target early indicators of grooming, properly investigate and prosecute offenders.

And also less third world immigration and more deportations.

That would help some victims. The measures I suggested would help all victims.

Oh, and stop trying to censor crime figures.

Not aware of anyone doing that.

So the 18yo German girl who was gang raped by 10 Syrians in Freiburg? How would your measures have protected her?

My apologies. I was focusing more on grooming cases in my suggestions.

The Swedes refuse to release the ethnicity in their crime figures. They also covered up the sex attacks at music festivals. The Germans tried to do the same after the sex assaults in Cologne and other cities.

Swedes don't refuse to release that data. They don't collect it. Haven't since the 90's. As to cover ups, they didn't do that good a job if they were trying. Simply not reporting something immediately is not a cover up.

Swedes don't refuse to release that data. They don't collect it. Haven't since the 90's. As to cover ups, they didn't do that good a job if they were trying. Simply not reporting something immediately is not a cover up.
    Sweden's last big immigration survey was in 2005. Since then they refuse to collect it because "racism".
    https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12115-019-00436-8
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/02/sweden-crime-rates-statistics-immigration-trump-fox-news/
    To isolate the effect of immigration on crime, we need data on crimes committed by immigrants. Obtaining this type of data is easy in the United States or Denmark, but not in Sweden. The last time there was an official report breaking down crime statistics by immigrant status and origin was in 2005, for the years 1997 to 2001. These statistics confirmed that immigrants were significantly overrepresented amongst offenders, in particular in committing violent crimes. The foreign born were four times more likely to be suspects in homicide cases than those with Swedish origin, and 4.5 times more likely to be suspects in rape cases.

From the Swedish Tories there is moves to collect this information again but they get shot down by the Social Democrats.

Sweden's last big immigration survey was in 2005. Since then they refuse to collect it because "racism".
    https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12115-019-00436-8
    https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/02/sweden-crime-rates-statistics-immigration-trump-fox-news/

From the Swedish Tories there is moves to collect this information again but they get shot down by the Social Democrats.

They stopped collecting it in the 90's under a right wing government. That's why they have to rely on surveys and studies. Ireland also doesn't record the ethnicity of offenders, only current nationality.

I suppose some sources would make people more likely to believe in your comments.

• Advertisement

I suppose some sources would make people more likely to believe in your comments.

I'm certain you've read this before but here you are anyway.

https://www.thelocal.se/20180508/why-sweden-doesnt-keep-stats-on-ethnic-background-and-crime

Advertisement