Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Covid 19 Part XXIII-33,444 in ROI(1,792 deaths) 9,541 in NI(577 deaths)(22/09)Read OP

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Multiple needles on the ground following a concert by the most middle aged, middle of the road rock bands in existence and where tickets were what €90+ for the cheap seats? Walter Mitty hasn't a patch on you lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,332 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I'm not making it up lads...why would I make up something like that, I go to plenty of gigs, festivals etc and I've never seen anything like it. That was the one and only time I've seen that happen. Maybe there was something else in them but I can't think what else comes in needles besides some types of smoke but there's no way they were doing that either.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,580 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

U2 in '05 probably had more diabetics than junkies in the audience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Be honest now. It was you were on the skag. There weren't any young people there at all. Where there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭TonyMaloney

U2 fans are the biggest bunch of aul wans. There's no chance there was any heroin at a u2 gig. Ever.

humberklog wrote: »
    U2 in '05 probably had more diabetics than junkies in the audience.

:D sounds more plausible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Ah don't blame Tony, how could he have known. It wasn't as if elderly people were falling victim in large numbers elsewhere in Europe that we were aware of.....sssh don't mention Italy.

The truth will hopefully eventually come out, unfortunately too late for all the lives he has destroyed (both the dead and those destroyed by the restrictions as a result).

A simple acknowledgment from NPHET when asked instead of saying 'no-one is to blame' would have sufficed but they couldn't even admit their mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I'm not making it up lads...why would I make up something like that, I go to plenty of gigs, festivals etc and I've never seen anything like it. That was the one and only time I've seen that happen. Maybe there was something else in them but I can't think what else comes in needles besides some types of smoke but there's no way they were doing that either.

Well Bono's head was firmly up his own ass by that timeframe so maybe drugs were required to get through his monologues. Good music though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

tigger123 wrote: »
    A load of people in Croke Park were shooting up while watching a gig?

I know?? Makes zero sense.

The truth will hopefully eventually come out, unfortunately too late for all the lives he has destroyed (both the dead and those destroyed by the restrictions as a result).

A simple acknowledgment from NPHET when asked instead of saying 'no-one is to blame' would have sufficed but they couldn't even admit their mistakes.

Doesn't matter no one will be held responsible. Holohan is a hero in the eyes of many with very short memories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭forumdedum

What were the statistics for locking down Kildare etc? Cases per 100,000?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Rumours its a nursing home

Fermoy area?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Me neither but that's what was on the ground close to where we all were. I remember it clearly, it was one of those jesus christ moments. I didn't see anyone shooting up but must have been a gang of them.

How many needles we talking?

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    How many needles we talking?

It was a lot, not just one or two, it was a few meters from where we were standing during the gig. Maybe it was something else in them or someone dropped a box. It hasn't crossed my mind in 15yrs until that picture of all the nox on the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,576 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Wake me up I'm dreaming.

Last 3 pages are surely a dream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,654 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Wake me up I'm dreaming.

I had to check the thread title twice to make sure I hadn't clicked into some other thread by mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Wake me up I'm dreaming.

Sunday night, everyone's kicking back with some U2 and a bit of heroin before the long week ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

Wake me up I'm dreaming.

Next we're gonna hear about crack pipes left behind at the royal concert hall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭Oberkon

https://youtu.be/jJUZXzovjs0
    Wake me up I'm dreaming.

It’s all a dream - some mad stuff tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,675 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Fermoy area?

City

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Arghus wrote: »
    I had to check the thread title twice to make sure I hadn't clicked into some other thread by mistake.

Me too and it looked interesting so I thought to myself "I will follow"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,543 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

This thread has been coke blocked

Renjit wrote: »
    This thread has been coke blocked

Horse, coke was the slang for cocaine. Poor attempt tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,908 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

What about the residents that Holohan sent back to the homes Covid Positive (without test) from Hospital in order to clear beds for the younger population?

The HSE did this, but not necessarily Holohan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

He recommended it as part of NPHET, certainly did nothing to stop it.

Holohan was the CMO he also advised the Nursing homes not to restrict visitors.

Holohan was the CMO he also advised the Nursing homes not to restrict visitors.

And it's been proven visitors didn't spread covid into nursing homes.
    No matter how many times you suggest it, it's just untrue.
    NPHET did actually advise nursing homes to restrict visitors.
    weeks before they had cases in nursing homes.

He recommended it as part of NPHET, certainly did nothing to stop it.

Despite what people think NPHET have zero power/control, they advise, they cant actually take actions.

I'm not defending NPHET, but I hate when people think NPHET are calling the shots and actually have the power to make the changes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Tbf as CMO and NPHET representative, Tony said it was all good in the hood as regards visiting nursing homes and there was a case in one later that week and then the whole situation snowballed. So I would say that his decision and inaction is the most visible cause of the spread in nursing homes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭spookwoman

s1ippy wrote: »
    Tbf as CMO and NPHET representative, Tony said it was all good in the hood as regards visiting nursing homes and there was a case in one later that week and then the whole situation snowballed. So I would say that his decision and inaction is the most visible cause of the spread in nursing homes.

The nursing homes brought in the restrictions first and he said not necessary.

On March 4, Nursing Homes Ireland announced a blanket ban on visitors to narrow the possibilities of infection. Six days later, the chief medical officer Tony Holohan said such a ban was “unnecessary” at that point.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-30994257.html

I will never forget him trying to stop the cervical smear review and wrote a quite nasty letter to one of the women who is dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭MOR316

U2 fans are the biggest bunch of aul wans. There's no chance there was any heroin at a u2 gig. Ever.

Not in 05.

I saw many people between 13 and 21 attend those gigs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

As a Dublin reg car Not living in Dublin we were down west this weekend. Plenty of commuters in D reg’s I’d say who aren’t in lockdown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Maybe it was a euthanise pact. I know I would if i were at a U2 gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Surely this is an impossibility the HEPA filters is like Kryptonite to the virus, boom!!! it sucks it right out of your filthy infected body. ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Wolf359f wrote: »
    Despite what people think NPHET have zero power/control, they advise, they cant actually take actions.

I'm not defending NPHET, but I hate when people think NPHET are calling the shots and actually have the power to make the changes.

Agreed, although I hate when some people in the government point to them as a way of deflecting blame. Very poor leadership.

That's not very many contacts for flights - only 6 per infected person

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Surely this is an impossibility the HEPA filters is like Kryptonite to the virus, boom!!! it sucks it right out of your filthy infected body. ;)

Worth reading the article not the headline:
    But though the agency says some of those travelers subsequently fell ill, in the face of incomplete contact tracing information and a virus that incubates over several days, it has not been able to confirm a case of transmission on a plane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,464 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

As a Dublin reg car Not living in Dublin we were down west this weekend. Plenty of commuters in D reg’s I’d say who aren’t in lockdown

But Dublin isn't in lockdown

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

lawred2 wrote: »

I’m referencing a poster giving out about seeing Dublin reg cars elsewhere. There is request not to travel for Dubliners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

lawred2 wrote: »

It's in lockdown lite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭Peter Flynt

I’m referencing a poster giving out about seeing Dublin reg cars elsewhere. There is request not to travel for Dubliners

Phoenix Park is empty of cars this morning.

Only those told to be at work are going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭GooglePlus

D car registration is fairly common outside of Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,581 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Going by the ground when they left yes it was covered in needles, It was the Vertigo tour in 2005.

It's the real reason they wouldn't let the Garth Brooks concerts go ahead, smack heads everyone of them.

True story.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

I was at a concert in croke park a good few years ago, held on for a few minutes to let the crowd disperse all around us was covered in needles.
    I'm happy to see young folk taking laughing gas rather than heroin. Yea I know it's against public health advice before you go off on one.
    Going by the ground when they left yes it was covered in needles, It was the Vertigo tour in 2005.
    Me neither but that's what was on the ground close to where we all were. I remember it clearly, it was one of those jesus christ moments. I didn't see anyone shooting up but must have been a gang of them.
    It was a lot, not just one or two, it was a few meters from where we were standing during the gig. Maybe it was something else in them or someone dropped a box. It hasn't crossed my mind in 15yrs until that picture of all the nox on the ground.

Are you sure you weren`t on something yourself at the gig and hallucinated all this crap about seeing needles?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

U2 in Croke Park in 87 I could believe

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 204 ✭✭CiarraiManc

My friends wife is a financial controller in a nursing home. They had no cases until a patient was transferred from a public hospital guess what happened. Anecdotal I know.

Does your friend have two wives as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Get Real

And those D reg cars were probably saying the same about your D reg car...

Loads of D regs outside of Dublin belonging to people who live outside of Dublin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement