Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

blue5000 wrote: »
    Always like those UK pics, just wouldn't like to be making the repayments though.

Anyone know how tight a slip clutch bolts should be? I just snugged them in as they are fairly small at 13mm.
    You'd want to be carefull making statements like that people could think your promoting elitist, snobbery views. :pac:

When your putting enough work through stuff it comes down to repairs vs repayments. Have an 09 535 quad with 9,500 hours on the clock we're wondering what to do with it. Worth 45kish but it's of the age move it tommorow morning and you could end up with a 30k repair bill 2 mins later. Had a warning shot that clutch packs are well on the way out hence hiring/demo the fendt for a few days while fitters did some work as our case dealer are going Deutz and had nothing on hand. Giving it a look about on friday and a few thousand to put some slow oil leaks and the likes right for next year nothing big just seal kits and the likes.
    Probably going to trade both quads and get 1 running it 24hrs when busy as our needs have changed, been through the adventure of a second big tractor before but have a plan if big boss says yes.

534565.jpg

It seems like some of the farms out here money is no object, amazing to see really

You'd have an idea of the size and workloads involved too, in saying that there's some places back with alot of wealth and some here today gone tommorow type businesses. The last 15 years of the rise of contract farming has finished many in hand family farms that see an easier life else where allowing some big farms get about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Which case dealer were ye with that's going to deutz?

I would have considered 400hrs on a large tractor alot before I came here, I see a tracked fendt 943 (?) on fb that had done 2700hrs in its first year!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

You'd want to be carefull making statements like that people could think your promoting elitist, snobbery views. :pac:

When your putting enough work through stuff it comes down to repairs vs repayments. Have an 09 535 quad with 9,500 hours on the clock we're wondering what to do with it. Worth 45kish but it's of the age move it tommorow morning and you could end up with a 30k repair bill 2 mins later. Had a warning shot that clutch packs are well on the way out hence hiring/demo the fendt for a few days while fitters did some work as our case dealer are going Deutz and had nothing on hand. Giving it a look about on friday and a few thousand to put some slow oil leaks and the likes right for next year nothing big just seal kits and the likes.
    Probably going to trade both quads and get 1 running it 24hrs when busy as our needs have changed, been through the adventure of a second big tractor before but have a plan if big boss says yes.

Would ye have rough guide ye go off in terms of replacing in terms of hours worked etc and do ye hire in anything which would be doing under a certain amount of hours then? Was thinking here I could prob get away with just hiring a tractor when needed, wheeled loader is used more and also does more at the drop of a hat tyoe workso would need that on farm, but from the little I looked at it hiring over here seems as costly as owning/ repairing

• Registered Users Posts: 11,169 ✭✭✭✭Base price

wrangler wrote: »
    I don't know how some get away with driving them on small truck licence with a 14ft ifor body
    Some sheep farmers have long wheel based twin wheel drive Transits/Iveco Dailys/Renault Masters with 12'/14' Ifor Williams type aluminium bodies with decks that are legal to drive on a car licence. I suppose it depends on how heavy the lambs are?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,075 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

Base price wrote: »
    Some sheep farmers have long wheel based twin wheel drive Transits/Iveco Dailys/Renault Masters with 12'/14' Ifor Williams type aluminium bodies with decks that are legal to drive on a car licence. I suppose it depends on how heavy the lambs are?

a B car license only goes up to 3500kg, The example you gave earlier would get it difficult to stay under 7000kg with a 14ftbody and 50 ewes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,169 ✭✭✭✭Base price

a B car license only goes up to 3500kg, The example you gave earlier would get it difficult to stay under 7000kg with a 14ftbody and 50 ewes
    I never mentioned ewes in my post. If you have a aluminium body and cross members than it is achievable with lambs.
    At least the women/man with that type of set up has passed an official driving test as opposed to the young ones driving a 50kph tractor drawing a 20 ton trailer of pit/maize silage.

Base price wrote: »
    I never mentioned ewes in my post. If you have a aluminium body and cross members than it is achievable with lambs.
    At least the women/man with that type of set up has passed an official driving test as opposed to the young ones driving a 50kph tractor drawing a 20 ton trailer of pit/maize silage.

I was going by your first post saying that your truck weighed 3700kg, if you were to put a Ifor williams body on that truck with decks you're into big weights when you fill it with sheep..... ewes or lambs.
    If you don't have the license for what you're driving you're not insured, my point was just I don't know how they're getting away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

On a B licence you may drive a vehicle with a max weight of 3500kg, and pull a trailer with a max weight of 750kg.
    Total train weight of 4250 allowed.
    If the trailer is heavier than 750kg, then you are back to a total of 3500kg for the combination.

If you do the BE licence test, ( jeep and trailer) then you can drive a vehicle with a max weight of 3500kg, and pull a trailer with a max weight of 3500kg.
    Total train weight of 7000kg.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    On a B licence you may drive a vehicle with a max weight of 3500kg, and pull a trailer with a max weight of 750kg.
    If the trailer is heavier than 750kg, then you are back to a total of 3500kg for the combination.

If you do the BE licence test, ( jeep and trailer) then you can drive a vehicle with a max weight of 3500kg, and pull a trailer with a max weight of 3500kg.
    Total train weight of 7000kg.

You have to have a C1 license to drive anything over 3500kg which is what these vehicles are
    If you're as old as I am you got license with a train weight of 12000KG Its a EC1 license

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,372 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

You have to have a C license to drive anything over 3500kg which is what these vehicles are
    If you're as old as I am you got license with a train weight of 12 tonne

C1 licence does 7500kg
    C licence does upto heavy rigid, no limit on weight

I have the C licence, Wrangler, but as I've never done the CPC courses would I be OK to drive a light truck for my own use (ie, not for hire or reward)?
    Last time I drove a rigid was the day of the test, in about 2004!

Reggie. wrote: »
    C1 licence does 7500kg
    C licence does upto heavy rigid, no limit on weight

You were late I corrected it

I have the C licence, Wrangler, but as I've never done the CPC courses would I be OK to drive a light truck for my own use (ie, not for hire or reward)?

Yes you can. CPC is only for if your main income is from driving the truck

You were late I corrected it

Not really as my quote still has you wrong ;)

I think you can for your own use, Its unbelieveable that a C licence doesn't cover a jeep trailer. Rules seem to be changing all the time

Which case dealer were ye with that's going to deutz?

I would have considered 400hrs on a large tractor alot before I came here, I see a tracked fendt 943 (?) on fb that had done 2700hrs in its first year!!

Wouldnt be a supprise tbh on those veg/flower farms, one of the main lads here worked for a veg grower and clocked 24,000 hours 6.5 years.
    It only cost him a divorce then re marriage and not seeing much of his kids for 8 years.
    Collings brothers , they would be west of cambride along the a1 corridor. That’ll be the end of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

Wouldnt be a supprise tbh on those veg/flower farms, one of the main lads here worked for a veg grower and clocked 24,000 hours 6.5 years. It only cost him a divorce then re marriage and not seeing much of his kids for 8 years. Collings brothers , they would be west of cambride along the a1 corridor. That’ll be the end of them.

Jeez I can't believe they let Case go or let case be taking off them, whichever way it worked, I believe they would have moved alot of combines in the day

Jeez I can't believe they let Case go or let case be taking off them, whichever way it worked, I believe they would have moved alot of combines in the day

They've been going downhill a while. I know they looked into renting a disused cattle yard on an estate down close to Milton Keynes last spring and the next week the whole company was for sale to one of the biggest customers!. Sharmans(former deere) took the dealership on for case opening a new depot 400m down the road from their main depot!
    It's just the usuall musical go round for dealers and manufacturers slitting each other throats.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,890 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Whenever I'm using the fiat 110 90 for a good while and she gets hot, brown water comes down from the roof. I opened the top.this evening and pipes seem to be ok, would it be the radiator in the roof

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Whenever I'm using the fiat 110 90 for a good while and she gets hot, brown water comes down from the roof. I opened the top.this evening and pipes seem to be ok, would it be the radiator in the roof

Yeah mine is snookered

Can’t be got it seems

When you stand on bonnet facing back of cab looking into heater unit, the pipes connect at your right hand side to the unit via a very fragile plastic angle connection. That’s what broken on mine.

Is it loosing coolant?

When you squeeze the coolant pipes are they crunchy?

Prob be best bypass the heater temporarily to test

Yeah mine is snookered

Can’t be got it seems

When you stand on bonnet facing back of cab looking into heater unit, the pipes connect at your right hand side to the unit via a very fragile plastic angle connection. That’s what broken on mine.

When you squeeze the coolant pipes are they crunchy?
    They dont seem to be, the rad seems grand but it must be leaking somewhere. I pumped water through the inlet and it came out the outlet. Any ideas??

hope parts will be available in the future for these tractors..

kevthegaff wrote: »
    They dont seem to be, the rad seems grand but it must be leaking somewhere. I pumped water through the inlet and it came out the outlet. Any ideas??

hope parts will be available in the future for these tractors..

Bypass temporarily with a straight joiners in both hoses to test it.

I didn’t open the heater unit completely so I’m not sure what way the diverter valve is set up. It may also leak.

Some parts are obsolete, which is surprising as Fiat are essentially the largest manufacture of tractors in Europe with CNH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Bypass temporarily with a straight joiners in both hoses to test it.

I didn’t open the heater unit completely so I’m not sure what way the diverter valve is set up. It may also leak.

Some parts are obsolete, which is surprising as Fiat are essentially the largest manufacture of tractors in Europe with CNH

They don’t want these old tractors running because they want you buying new

On another Fiat note, I remember Blue5000 bought a replacement hydraulic pump for his 90 series Fiat a while ago.
    From a Scandi country, I think.
    Anyone buy one recently, where was the best value, and if you're reading this Blue, who was it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭893bet

Is this correct? So on the standard b licence you can pull a trailer of let’s say 1500kg if the mass of the car and trailer are less than 3500kg?

Edit-google seems to confirm! Did not know that! Crazy! Quote from one article....

For example, a Skoda Octavia family estate towing a “type 02” trailer – one with a Mam of more than 750kg – with two bulls weighs in at 3,085kg combined, but the same trailer and livestock towed by a Toyota Land Cruiser SUV weighs in at 4,440kg, well over the 3,500kg B-licence limit.

On another Fiat note, I remember Blue5000 bought a replacement hydraulic pump for his 90 series Fiat a while ago.
    Anyone buy one recently, where was the best value, and if you're reading this Blue, who was it from?

I bought one from garaghy, maybe 10 years ago, I got a faster pump than the original cos she has a loader on it. It's still slow enough lol

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

A Russian seller on ebay from Finland, I'll try look him up again. Pump was €100 incl delivery.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/arshydro?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Googled arshydro but I think he only sells on ebay or amazon.

This might be it, is your Power steering pump separate? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TX11234-5129486-8282886-5169039-Long-FIAT-FORD-Case-tractor-hydraulic-pump/233686398118?hash=item3668cb74a6:g:A2IAAOSwWxNY1~JH

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

They don’t want these old tractors running because they want you buying new

And they are easier to fix yourself if you are anyway handy with a spanner at all.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Advertisement

blue5000 wrote: »
    A Russian seller on ebay from Finland, I'll try look him up again. Pump was €100 incl delivery.

Mika Hannu?

https://fiatagri90-sarja.vilkasstore.com/epages/FiatAgri90-sarja.sf/fi_FI/?ObjectPath=/Shops/2017052904/Categories/Imprint

Advertisement