Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭mengele

westlander wrote: »
    I wonder is that why they are always a bit cheaper than the likes of Conor/major/abbey.
    No chassis so less steel and welding needed

I don't think they are cheaper are they? Conor is supposed to be the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Never associated redrock with being cheap. Traditionally anyway,anything ever made by redrock was hard to break.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,381 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

mengele wrote: »
    I don't think they are cheaper are they? Conor is supposed to be the cheapest.

Dont forget belmac

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭westlander

ruwithme wrote: »
    Never associated redrock with being cheap. Traditionally anyway,anything ever made by redrock was hard to break.

Not anymore. But everyone has a lemon

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭westlander

Seen some of their bigger ones crack but can happen to any manufacturer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,118 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Was driving an X6 Mccormick at the weekend and noticed that when going up through the gears say 3s1 - 3s2 - 3s3 that when I shifted the main gearstick it went to 4s3.

Is there any way to go from 3s3 to 4s1 in one shift?
    Seems a bit odd that I that when shifting up on the main gears, that the splitter didn't reset in order to minimise the jump.

Am I missing something here? Was similar on downshifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Was driving an X6 Mccormick at the weekend and noticed that when going up through the gears say 3s1 - 3s2 - 3s3 that when I shifted the main gearstick it went to 4s3.

Seems a bit odd that I that when shifting up on the main gears, that the splitter didn't reset in order to minimise the jump.

I'm not the most educated on this topic but a quick answer is no. The clutchless gear changes are only half gears or something like that. I know on old Ford dual power gearboxes, every time you change gear with gearstick, you are skipping a gear.

You have to get it reprogrammed. I got it done on my landini if I change gear with the clutch less button the gear goes to the middle split every time. Not on the clutch petal tho

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Speed matching thing maybe.

Reggie. wrote: »
    You have to get it reprogrammed. I got it done on my landini if I change gear with the clutch less button the gear goes to the middle split every time. Not on the clutch petal tho

Downshift and upshift?
    Edit: must be both. Gearbox can't tell the difference at point of shifting...

Is it any extra burden on the clutch to do both at once?

• Advertisement

Downshift and upshift?
    Edit: must be both. Gearbox can't tell the difference at point of shifting...

Is it any extra burden on the clutch to do both at once?
    What ya mean. To drop a split while changing gears

What ya mean. To drop a split while changing gears

Yes. Probably meant burden on the box though.

Yes. Probably meant burden on the box though.

I do it with heave loads. Just time the release of the clutch button after the split change

Problem I had was I was hauling a heavy load up a road which was on hillside.
    So upshifting meant the jump was too big and engine would labour a bit until it going again. Would your modification work in that scenario?
    Owner never knew he could get this done. He just went up the stick and then banged it down on the splitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭cjpm

I do it with heave loads. Just time the release of the clutch button after the split change

Reggie would give Lewis Hamilton a run for his money.....

And Reggie dosen't have whose fancy gear shift paddles on the steering wheel of the Dini..... Fcuking hell, imagine if he did!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭valtra2

cjpm wrote: »
    Reggie would give Lewis Hamilton a run for his money.....

And Reggie dosen't have whose fancy gear shift paddles on the steering wheel of the Dini..... Fcuking hell, imagine if he did!!! :pac:

Imagine if he had a proper tractor.,............................................................... and run.

Ah girls girls.........if you ye were half the pilot I was :D

I do it with heave loads.

Just read this again. I assumed you meant heavy loads - or do you really mean heave loads?

Just read this again. I assumed you meant heavy loads - or do you really mean heave loads?

Yeah heavy

Yeah heavy

That's good cause I've not got a clue what a heave load is.

You still liking the landini or would you like something else?

• Advertisement

That's good cause I've not got a clue what a heave load is.

You still liking the landini or would you like something else?

Yeah. Going to give her a little twist now shortly. In a year or two I'll be picking up a second tractor. Might go for a big landpower or legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Just putting this here :D I robbed it off Facebook.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Just putting this here :D I robbed it off Facebook.

20 days to slurry sounds better.:D

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭X6.430macman

davidk1394 wrote:
    Just putting this here I robbed it off Facebook.

Sure silage is a year round activity now lolz

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Have the tm pumping into tower at 1800rpm. Fan is kickick in every few secs, is that normal

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mad-for-tar

kevthegaff wrote: »
    Have the tm pumping into tower at 1800rpm. Fan is kickick in every few secs, is that normal

If it’s visctronic fan it’s fairly normal. ECU monitors inputs from engine coolant, transmission oil temp, air conditioning and will ramp up and down the fan speed as required to get to desired operating temperature. It’s multiple inputs that control the speed so it may not always be the same input requesting speed increase all the time.

Other than this may have an issue with one of the coolant temperature senders that control the fan or transmission oil temp sender or erratic input from a/c system into the SCM or if a late TM the single DL controller for combined functions.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

kevthegaff wrote: »

You better take it off and put the Fiat on that job:pac:.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    You better take it off and put the Fiat on that job:pac:.

Itll only blow up then

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭The Rabbi

Itll only blow up then

Win,Win:D

• Advertisement

Was looking at a vdw diet feeder online. How to they prevent the vertical augers getting bent by heavy bales getting dropped in?

Advertisement