Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinery Photo/Discussion Thread II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

cjpm wrote: »
    Its always the case Kev, "If the rubber splits - you're fcuked" ;)
    :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

looking at installing a double angle, reversing camera onto a single monitor on a tractor here

It would allow me to watch a hidden pick up hitch and also the bale pick up reel ( the 2 angles)

Quick search online and came across the 2 angle camera but the monitors are not fit for my purpose as its like a rear view mirror and designed for a camper van.

Any ideas where I could get a nice monitor and also a double angle camera with night vision ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭emaherx

looking at installing a double angle, reversing camera onto a single monitor on a tractor here

It would allow me to watch a hidden pick up hitch and also the bale pick up reel ( the 2 angles)

Quick search online and came across the 2 angle camera but the monitors are not fit for my purpose as its like a rear view mirror and designed for a camper van.

Any ideas where I could get a nice monitor and also a double angle camera with night vision ?

I bought a monitor with 2 cameras after I got my new cattle trailer earlier in the year. It was fairly cheap as I went for a wired one. I'll look it up later.

The night vision is not good enough for reversing a trailer in complete darkness but would probably do for hitches and reels as proximity would be close.

emaherx wrote: »
    I bought a monitor with 2 cameras after I got my new cattle trailer earlier in the year. It was fairly cheap as I went for a wired one. I'll look it up later.

The night vision is not good enough for reversing a trailer in complete darkness but would probably do for hitches and reels as proximity would be close.

Yes wired is the option I would go also. Cab has backward facing LED so its not going to be complete darkness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭emaherx

This is the one I got, but it can only display one camera at a time.
    https://www.ebay.ie/itm/2-x-Reversing-Camera-7-LCD-Monitor-Car-Rear-View-Kit-For-Bus-Truck-12V-24V-UK/183920448738?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

For a little more you can get one which can display multiple camera's at the same time.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Camecho-Vehicle-Waterproof-Aviation-Connector/dp/B06XQ2JK41/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=truck+multi+angle+reversing+camera&qid=1607524943&sr=8-18

One camera at a time suits me as I installed only one camera on the cattle trailer and the other on different trailer.

• Advertisement

Top one is perfect for me also

Really appreciate that

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/2-x-Reversing-Camera-7-LCD-Monitor-Car-Rear-View-Kit-For-Bus-Truck-12V-24V-UK/183920448738?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

For a little more you can get one which can display multiple camera's at the same time.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Camecho-Vehicle-Waterproof-Aviation-Connector/dp/B06XQ2JK41/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=truck+multi+angle+reversing+camera&qid=1607524943&sr=8-18

One camera at a time suits me as I installed only one camera on the cattle trailer and the other on different trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Visiting farms, sugar beet harvesting.
    Apparently to keep the heap even and frost safe they need to keep backing alternating between previous loads til the 4 wheels are spinning.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Visiting farms, sugar beet harvesting.
    Apparently to keep the heap even and frost safe they need to keep backing alternating between previous loads til the 4 wheels are spinning.

Looks dry over there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭Waffletraktor

Reggie. wrote: »
    Looks dry over there

Neighbouring farm to them was de stoning for early carrots...
    Different world.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭orm0nd

havent checked the cams but got lights here

https://autosparky.ie/collections/reversing-cameras-dash-cameras

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Some have a kind of rubber bushing around the bottom of the shaft, that's just a flat piece of rubber with deep ribs in it.
    Wrapped around the foot of the shaft and pushed down into the housing, and a cap screwed down afterwards to keep it in place. When the impeller starts rattling, that bushing is wore out.
    I have the shaft and propeller out, but theres a lip stopping the old rubber brushing coming out, how do I get that lip out?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

What every farmer hopes Santy will bring them on Christmas morning.

https://www.donedeal.ie/fencingequipment-for-sale/postdriver-on-dumper/26428742

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Aravo

Thanks very much. Have ordered a split screen. Got 2 extra cameras as well.
    Def one camera on pick up hitch area. Slurry tanker and 12ft trailer. Might have it to be messing about fitting it over Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Westernrock

Have a question for a neighbour, he bought a landini blizzard recently and is happy out but yesterday put the bale splitter on and there seems to be a problem with the spool valves. Tractor has three sets of double valves but it’s the same problem in each valve that the ram will only flow well in one direction. In the opposite direction it seems like the return is stopping the ram from operating. Switch the pipes and it flies along again but then same problem in reverse.... Anyone any idea what the problem might be? I’m sure it’s. something obvious but we tried all the valves in different direction and no joy.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭White Clover

Have a question for a neighbour, he bought a landini blizzard recently and is happy out but yesterday put the bale splitter on and there seems to be a problem with the spool valves. Tractor has three sets of double valves but it’s the same problem in each valve that the ram will only flow well in one direction. In the opposite direction it seems like the return is stopping the ram from operating. Switch the pipes and it flies along again but then same problem in reverse.... Anyone any idea what the problem might be? I’m sure it’s. something obvious but we tried all the valves in different direction and no joy.
    Thanks!

The spools are set at the single acting position.
    When sitting in the tractor, behind his right heel are 6 knobs facing forward.
    2 for each spool, one top and bottom. One of them is to lock the spool and the other by turning anti clockwise will give you double acting on your spool.

The spools are set at the single acting position.
    When sitting in the tractor, behind his right heel are 6 knobs facing forward.
    2 for each spool, one top and bottom. One of them is to lock the spool and the other by turning anti clockwise will give you double acting on your spool.

Thanks a million I will see if that works!

Thanks a million I will see if that works!

Just make sure he has the hoses pushed into the correct pair of spools.

On mine, the top 2 were spool number 3
    Middle left and bottom left were number 1
    Middle right and bottom right were number 2.

Just make sure he has the hoses pushed into the correct pair of spools.

On mine, the top 2 were spool number 3
    Middle left and bottom left were number 1
    Middle right and bottom right were number 2.

These the knobs? We traced his pipes back last night, they’re a bit confusing too! Top two were a pair then the other two were in diagonals!

These the knobs? We traced his pipes back last night, they’re a bit confusing too! Top two were a pair then the other two were in diagonals!

Is there a photo.
    They are silver in cover, they're a little floppy for want of a better word.
    Be careful, they can be very tight if not used regularly.
    When I had rhe blizzard, I had to take up the floor to do a job on them as only half were moving for me.

Is there a photo.
    They are silver in cover, they're a little floppy for want of a better word.
    Be careful, they can be very tight if not used regularly.
    When I had rhe blizzard, I had to take up the floor to do a job on them as only half were moving for me.

Sorry, photo didn’t load as it was too big, but he got them going and it’s working fine now. Thanks for your help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

131657576_4233780416637313_7556266299837344548_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=gZopCpM0YbIAX-0qXjE&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=7cc5d1293a0774245477baea251823c1&oe=6000E96F

Doesn't even look like drawbar stand is touching the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Odelay

timple23 wrote: »
    131657576_4233780416637313_7556266299837344548_o.jpg?_nc_cat=100&ccb=2&_nc_sid=a26aad&_nc_ohc=gZopCpM0YbIAX-0qXjE&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&oh=7cc5d1293a0774245477baea251823c1&oe=6000E96F

How many did you buy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Odelay wrote: »
    How many did you buy

Drawbar stands? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

timple23 wrote: »

It's not

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭westlander

Reggie. wrote: »
    It's not

It’s a big lump and no chassis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭MfMan

Not for retail west of the Shannon :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,092 ✭✭✭✭wrangler

MfMan wrote: »
    Not for retail west of the Shannon :-)

Alot of dairy farmers drawing slurry miles and miles to umbilical spreaders, she'll never have to leave the road

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

wrangler wrote: »
    Alot of dairy farmers drawing slurry miles and miles to umbilical spreaders, she'll never have to leave the road

With 27 tons of slurry on board, not many farmers will want it in a field.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Track9

Looking at the weight that must be on those three axles & the Ground Clearance, it looks mighty suitable for the Grain Fields of Russia.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭westlander

Track9 wrote: »
    Looking at the weight that must be on those three axles & the Ground Clearance, it looks mighty suitable for the Grain Fields of Russia.:D

I wonder is that why they are always a bit cheaper than the likes of Conor/major/abbey.
    No chassis so less steel and welding needed

Advertisement