Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Whelo79 wrote: »
    I thought they had that booked for The Point Depot?? I've seen a few Irish fighters recently signed by them posting about fighting in 8 weeks time etc. I just presumed they were talking about that Dublin card.

It was that Dublin card and I know it seems ridiculous but it was 100% going to be on in the Citywest as the 3Arena had been booked up with no available slots that suited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Probably better to do it in a smaller arena and sell it out instead of a larger one with lots of empty space. The atmosphere is much better.

I went to that Brave show in Belfast at it was probably at 1/3 capacity for the main card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

Paully D wrote: »
    Dublin Bellator event that was supposed to be held in the Citywest Hotel in December has been called off.

I was literally coming on here to see what the story was with that rumoured event.

Shame it's cancelled,

I'm guessing they could easily fill the 3 arena off for one of their events though.

Imagine having Double D and Peter Queally on the card, it sound sell out rather fast I'd imagine.

Any reason for the cancellation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

So anyway the american gangster is happy out doing tv shows appearing on ariels show and doing his own ariel nd the badguy, doing his own podcast plus whatever media he has to do for his fight saturday. Once his music hits the speaker and his name is called he'll make the walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I like Chael but I can't see him winning that fight. Looking forward to it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Really hoping Machida beats Carvalho in December to set up the rematch with the best MW in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I like Chael but I can't see him winning that fight. Looking forward to it though.

I kind of wonder how seriously he's taking it, which is a weird thing to say I know. He's obviously fighting at heavyweight but he's spent the last week covering the big fight in Vegas, when you think he'd be putting the finishing touches on his camp. But who knows I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭weemcd

Anyone see Fedor working out for the public? Looked extremely sharp. Question is does he KO or Sub Chael? He's 100% getting it done.

weemcd wrote: »
    Anyone see Fedor working out for the public? Looked extremely sharp. Question is does he KO or Sub Chael? He's 100% getting it done.

I can see Chael going for the takedown, Fedor ending up on top and pounding him out.

What a time to be alive when Fedor is fighting Chael Sonnen. God bless bellator. If only we could f*cking get it on a decent channel and record it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

The west Lin gangster will win.

• Advertisement

Wow I didn't even know Bader vs Mitrione was on tonight, with Bendo on the card too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Bader is mauling Meathead.

20-16 to Bader.

Meathead needs a hail mary knockout to win this.

30-24 Bader.

Anyone know what time Chael and Fedor will get it on tonight?

4am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Is this on channel 5 ?

No idea, I watched last night through naughty means.

ricero wrote: »
    Is this on channel 5 ?

It's not but Peppa Pig is, fyi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

dulux99 wrote: »
    It's not but Peppa Pig is, fyi

Nice one

What an utterly amazing showing by Ryan Bader, top class stuff.

Larkin v. Pascu was good too. Always like watching Pascu, no quit in him and good stamina.

Roy Nelson....fun to watch but that wild style really has extremely dimishing returns at this late stage of his career.

Baby Slice....pretty umimpressive, too much of a pass given because of his father but he just doesn't really have any great technique.

Forget the names of the first fight (Banks v...) but was decent as well, brutal knockout though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

Is there anywhere I can watch Bellator events after the fact lads? Do they have their own version of fight pass or anything? I can't really stay up to watch them live and Channel 5 don't seem to repeat them after they're shown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,929 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

What an utterly amazing showing by Ryan Bader, top class stuff.

Larkin v. Pascu was good too. Always like watching Pascu, no quit in him and good stamina.

Roy Nelson....fun to watch but that wild style really has extremely dimishing returns at this late stage of his career.

Baby Slice....pretty umimpressive, too much of a pass given because of his father but he just doesn't really have any great technique.

Forget the names of the first fight (Banks v...) but was decent as well, brutal knockout though!

meathead doesn't have a ground game and bader took advantage bigtime

Nelson is just pants at this stage.

Baby slice has no gas tank, if he had he would have beaten that guy easily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,929 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

great performance by bendo there

good speech afterwards and no mention of jesus christ! :pac:

Its about how you conduct yourself and not be jumping over a cage...how you explain that to your kids etc etc more or less, respect to him.

A good role model

The last emperor Vs the American gangster up now.

That was fun while it lasted.

Fedor's sweep near the end was was perfectly timed and that barrel roll to land on top during the first takedown chael almost landed was lovely.

Bader makes Fedor look small.

The man is not really a heavyweight, he never was, and that makes his record even more impressive.
    He could make 205 easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

That's was fun really enjoyed it think based will win the final

• Advertisement

Agreed with the above, enjoyable scrap. Bader will make mince meat of Fedor though. Fedor was fairly gassed after a round. Luckily for him so was Chael

https://youtu.be/cCCikDvdrCI

This is what he was thinking. He ain't Leo Vieira though!

https://twitter.com/RyanAWagMMA/status/1051334196277301248?s=09

One other example of it working. You need to be considerably more nimble than 41 year old Chael to pull it off though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,534 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

https://twitter.com/RyanAWagMMA/status/1051334196277301248?s=09

One other example of it working. You need to be considerably more nimble than 41 year old Chael to pull it off though!

Much harder trying to do it on a heavyweight too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Much harder trying to do it on a heavyweight too.

Especially when you let go of them.

• Advertisement

The fight went about as I expected though I really hoped Chael would do a little better than he did.

Can't see Fedor beating Bader unless he lands a bomb straight off the bat.

Uncle Henach won't like seeing this but dear god Vinny Magalhaes's finish the other night was a thing of beauty.

https://www.jiujitsutimes.com/flying-triangle-to-kimura-finish-by-vinny-magalhaes-in-mma-fight/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭KJ

James Gallagher has been added to the Cage Legacy 10 card in December in a charity white collar boxing match.

Also Eddie Alvarez signing for One is interesting. Can see him becoming champ in no time.

KJ wrote: »
    James Gallagher has been added to the Cage Legacy 10 card in December in a charity white collar boxing match.

Ah so that's the return in December he kept talking about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Ah so that's the return in December he kept talking about

Paul redmond on the no shame podcast, February for bellator he be on it hopefully

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,397 ✭✭✭xckjoo

lol. He talks about the fight on his latest podcast. Sounds like Fedor hits a lot harder than he expected. Probably wasn't thinking much of anything at this stage :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Sonnen top 3 heavyweight Barrett fador & werdum how does dc not to go into top 3?

Aaron Pico fighting Henry Corrales next. One thing Bellator can't be accused of is babying Pico - Corrales is a serious fighter and has fought some of the top names outside of the UFC. If Pico gets passed him then he could seriously be on his way to great things at such a young age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

The lastest one event seemed decent, going to give it a watch. Bibiano lost his belt and tonen got another finish. Seemed to be some good Kos also.

Any one have any idea if a tv station is showing the brave event tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 curious100

You can stream brave on www.fite.tv - there is a charge for it. It starts at 3pm.

I see Brian Moore is fighting UFC veteran Noad Lahat at Bellator 210 in a couple of weeks.

Lahat most recently fought for the bantamweight title over there, losing via TKO to Caldwell.

Moore ran AJ McKee very close last year to be fair.

He’s had some very tough matchups in Weichel, McKee and now Lahat, especially compared to some of the cans the likes of Gallagher has been fed.

Anyone watching Chuck vs Tito on Saturday ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

I will for old time sake.

Would prefer if Chuck didnt fight anymore, but respect it is his choice.

From the little I have seen of them training , Tito appears to be in much better condition so will have to go with Tito.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,839 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I will for old time sake.

Would prefer if Chuck didnt fight anymore, but respect it is his choice.

From the little I have seen of them training , Tito appears to be in much better condition so will have to go with Tito.

Please tell me this spectacle is on tv?

• Advertisement
Advertisement