Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bellator/WSOF/One FC etc events Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

The BAMMA card for July is looking really good so far. Lots of quality match ups officially announced today.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,243 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Cage Warriors is on BT Sport tonight at 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Strange finish to the main event at Cage Warriors last night.

With 18 seconds gone in the first round, Lewis Long secures a takedown and Che Mills taps. It's believed he broke his leg:

https://twitter.com/CageWarriors/status/860974892824625153/video/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Anyone heading to the bellator card in London in a couple of weeks? Main card looks decent hard to tell with the undercard though. Hard to see the ufc card in Glasgow for example having a better main card (esp main event).

Hopefully it's run well wasn't too impressed with the bellator section of the bammator card in Dublin a while back.

Might pick up tickets for bamma 30 really enjoyed the bamma section of that card.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Its all gamebreds fault

ASOT wrote: »
    Its all gamebreds fault

I never liked him....always costing us fights......

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Scenes when he's ''recovered'' in time for the MSG card in a few weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Bamma 29 Live tonite on Dave at 9pm

Sky 111
    Virgin 122

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

EFC 59 live from South Africa tomorrow night, main card starts at 8 our time, an old friend from back home, Azi Thomas is opening the main card in a title eliminator

watch here http://www.efcworldwide.tv/

card here http://www.efcworldwide.com/events/efc59/efc_worldwide_fightcard.php#topage

Cowley strangled in 2 minutes, a dose of reality for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Gamebred wrote: »

Why didn't he roll to his right?

He gave that choke up so easy. Insta-tap quicker than Conor against Nate. Didn't even try hand fight when he went for the squeeze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Another loss and dose of reality for team sbg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,376 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Couldn't have happened to a nicer, more down to earth guy too! :pac:

Hopefully he learns his lesson and shuts the gob now.

Hes a complete whitebelt had no idea or couldnt get to the body triangle side, not to after time but how in the name of jaysus was he a 1/10 favourite there, your man was muck in side control and still raped him wanna put some serious hours of grappling in before he fights again and gets embarrassed, fair play hes giving it a go takes balls to get in that cage.

ricero wrote: »
    Another loss and dose of reality for team sbg

Making big claims like this was probably not a great idea. Puts a young fighter under pressure.

https://twitter.com/John_Kavanagh/status/862756788034310144

Hes a complete whitebelt had no idea or couldnt get to the body triangle side, not to after time but how in the name of jaysus was he a 1/10 favourite there, your man was muck in side control and still raped him wanna put some serious hours of grappling in before he fights again and gets embarrassed, fair play hes giving it a go takes balls to get in that cage.

Ok completely dumb question for you, Marcos, Mellor etc

Would even a white or blue belt not know you must roll to the right in that situation?

I only watch BJJ but even I knew he had to roll to his right.

Ok completely dumb question for you, Marcos, Mellor etc

Would even a white or blue belt not know you must roll to the right in that situation?

I only watch BJJ but even I knew he had to roll to his right.

Also why did he leave his neck exposed? He didn't even try make it hard for the guy? He just slid it in for an insta-tap.

Yeah everyone learns very early defending when your back is taken, the problem is executing when your in a fight in a bad spot after eating some elbows all eyes are on you its not easy to remember for a novice like him, he should be fighting in gaa halls and that ilk it be like throwing a top bjj guy into a muay thai fight with him he'd murder them.

• Advertisement

I hope for his own sake he doesn't try copy Conor with a mad long Instagram or facebook post about how he's not afraid to take challenges and will never shy away from adversity.

Just keep his head down and get better.

Yeah not as if he lost to a Nate Diaz type caliber opponent, he deserves some credit for trying his hand at mma but that guy was making his pro debut too, I dont follow him on social media but I do follow some mutual friends and the stuff they were putting up my god 1 round this and that, completely delusional.

https://twitter.com/RichardKielyMMA/status/863082129621565440

Another delusional sbg fighter 1 mma fight and he runs the game, will be strangled next time.

Cowley's opponent celebrated like he had just scored the winning goal in the Champions League Final!

You know this 'Win or Learn' thing? Conor was made a show of by Sitenkov and Duffy, and in the book John was saying it made them realise he needed higher level Jitz and grappling.

Where's the learning?

They've just thrown Cian Cowley into the exact same situation. Surely if they truly "win or learn" they would use the lessons from Conor and delay Cowley's pro-debut by another 12 or 18 months to give him time to improve his jiu-jitsu and grappling.

Very surprising but what happened to Khalsa the intended fight?. So you saying some stand in guy beat Cowley!?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,755 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

I assume he's gone back to his 5 star hotel to rethink things. I assume he stays in a 5 star hotel anyway

Exactly like his idol. Tapped to a stand in guy. At least sbg are consistent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭fitzparker

AARON if geordie shore fame is up next.. lets see how this one goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭finglashoop

Cowley's opponent celebrated like he had just scored the winning goal in the Champions League Final!

You know this 'Win or Learn' thing? Conor was made a show of by Sitenkov and Duffy, and in the book John was saying it made them realise he needed higher level Jitz and grappling.

Where's the learning?

They've just thrown Cian Cowley into the exact same situation. Surely if they truly "win or learn" they would use the lessons from Conor and delay Cowley's pro-debut by another 12 or 18 months to give him time to improve his jiu-jitsu and grappling.

Cowley doesnt sound lke the sort if wait 12-18 months sort of bloke.

Listened to him on a podcast recently (wts pod) and he sounded delusional talking about his "numbers" and his popularity.

Someone is blowing smoke up his arse.

Advertisement