Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE Tours *No Ticket Selling, Use Stickied Thread* - June 2023 Dublin Date Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

I'm really more interested in photos of/with the superstars. I'm not all that into autographs. That's mainly why I'm not too fond of the official signing. I do my best to get some decent photos with them but 8/10 the handlers get quite angry even though the talent are well up for it. I'll probably decide closer to the day or I'll just walk down that way to the O2 in the hopes that AJ/Dolph might be up for a quick pic! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Nimmi182

I'm really more interested in photos of/with the superstars. I'm not all that into autographs. That's mainly why I'm not too fond of the official signing. I do my best to get some decent photos with them but 8/10 the handlers get quite angry even though the talent are well up for it. I'll probably decide closer to the day or I'll just walk down that way to the O2 in the hopes that AJ/Dolph might be up for a quick pic! :)
    You and me both!!!!!! :). hope you get lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

Nimmi182 wrote: »
    Although it seems that only if you stand behind the barrier inside the hotel lobby, where they have the majority of the children anyway for photo-ops (in my opinion), is the only way your going to get to meet them.

The thing with that though as you may know is they only allow guests of the Hotel to enter the lobby after the shows,so standing behind the barrier is out if your not staying there. What do people think is the optimal time to run into the superstars near the hotel before the show I wonder and is the Clarion a lock this time again? Not going to hang around all day,will just plan to pass by there at a certain time.

esprimo wrote: »
    The thing with that though as you may know is they only allow guests of the Hotel to enter the lobby after the shows,so standing behind the barrier is out if your not staying there. What do people think is the optimal time to run into the superstars near the hotel before the show I wonder and is the Clarion a lock this time again? Not going to hang around all day,will just plan to pass by there at a certain time.
    It's never concrete that it'll be one hotel or the other no-one can know that for certain. And I know that only guests are allowed in the hotel I would totally agree with that but last year wasn't the case. Parents were demanding the kids be left go in. You get that everywhere I guess especially at the event itself which is highly frustrating.
    But all you can do is hope there staying at the hotel your passing at the right moment & maybe it will happen. It surprised me last year and we hadn't even planned anything. Just one of those things really you cannot control.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 gavinmurphy123

Really looking forward to the show now shame not too see punk or heyman there but still a massive amount of talent, a repackaged barrett should be interesting though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Looks like its gonna be a top quality card. The only ones that I was hoping would be there were DB and the Shield. Its a bonus that the card has so much quality. I assumed it would be mainly mid carders but there seems to be a lot of main-eventers on the show. ( I know its subject to change ).

max life wrote: »
    Looks like its gonna be a top quality card. The only ones that I was hoping would be there were DB and the Shield. Its a bonus that the card has so much quality. I assumed it would be mainly mid carders but there seems to be a lot of main-eventers on the show. ( I know its subject to change ).

Anyone that has been confirmed I cant see being removed unless due to injury, so fingers crossed DB and Shield stay injury free, assume goldust and Rhodes will be there too.

Also I actually hope the real Americans are there. "We The People"

Fandango will be here too according to aiken promotions :))) YES YES YES

• Site Banned Posts: 99 ✭✭untouchable

Nimmi182 wrote: »
    The show that clashes with belfast is a show in south carolina the same night, but the only wrestler that was named twice on belfast show & SC show was Ziggler. I think before it was a show in Spain but I'm not too sure. So worst case scenario is Ziggler may not be there (will cry if he isn't!!!!)
    I'm actually surprised at the amount of talent we have this year compared to past years. It's going to be amazing!!!!

i also noticed cena isnt on the south carloina roster................ i hate the guy but belfast is my first live event so i hope he is there

Also I actually hope the real Americans are there. "We The People"

CESARO SWING ON A FAN!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,895 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

matches im predicting for Dublin

Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton (Confirmed)

John Cena vs Alberto Del Rio (Confirmed)

Big show vs The Shield

Kofi vs Wade Barrett

The Miz vs some random wrestler

AJ vs Natayla

Tons of Funk vs Real Americans

I would love a Sheamus apperence but i doubt it (special ref for Bryan vs Orton):D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

so going by smackdown ads its

Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton
    John Cena vs Alberto Del Rio
    The miz , Big show , Dolph ziggler vs The Shield

so far so good i think....

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Dolph Ziggler is booked for both the Belfast show and a house show in South Carolina the night before Dublin.

So one of the dates will be let down and not feature him.

With Orton, Cena, Bryan, The Shield & Del Rio already as star power I have to guess it'll be Belfast that'll miss out - and therefore Dublin also as none of the stars booked on the Wednesday show in SC are scheduled to work in Europe until Friday night after flying in Wednesday night / Thursday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Thanks. Any word on Goldust and Cody ... Are they scheduled to be anywhere else in and around the Dublin dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Hender

Thanks. Any word on Goldust and Cody ... Are they scheduled to be anywhere else in and around the Dublin dates?

Booked on SC show same night as Belfast in a 6 man with Kane V Wyatt's.....likely won't b in ireland

Confirmed NOT to appear: CM Punk, Ryback, Curtis Axel, Paul Heyman, The Wyatt Family, Cody Rhodes, Goldust, R-Truth, Prime Time Players, The Usos, Big E Langston, The Bella Twins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    Confirmed NOT to appear: CM Punk, Ryback, Curtis Axel, Paul Heyman, The Wyatt Family,Cody Rhodes, Goldust, R-Truth, Prime Time Players, The Usos, Big E Langston, The Bella Twins

Names in bold would have been nice to see however nice to see AJ is not on that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

going to pick up few cheap seats later on(in the thirty odd range), best available for them is block P ,50 rows down at the right back of the arena. I know the view won't be great but has anyone had any experience sitting that far back and is it even worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

just got my tickets - block D row 7.....same as previous years! class seats - they know how to look after their own! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

uwwedoogie wrote: »
    Confirmed NOT to appear: CM Punk, Ryback, Curtis Axel, Paul Heyman, The Wyatt Family, Cody Rhodes, Goldust, R-Truth, Prime Time Players, The Usos, Big E Langston, The Bella Twins

:eek: No Punk? bugger....

• Advertisement

esprimo wrote: »
    going to pick up few cheap seats later on(in the thirty odd range), best available for them is block P ,50 rows down at the right back of the arena. I know the view won't be great but has anyone had any experience sitting that far back and is it even worth it?

I literally sat with the wall on my back one year. The O2 is so small that no seat is TOO far back, obviously the closer you are the better the view, but back row at the O2 is still quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭AhmadKh7

I have a feeling that the announcement of the signing at Smyth's will be next Tuesday and I really hope we get The Shield... Very unlikely since most of those attending will be children. I also have an exam from 2 to 3 so I might not make it there. So hopefully it's not the shield hahaha xD

I love this time of the year. So looking forward to November 7th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭wardy2

Wonder if smyths have the wristbands ready on the day of the announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭waitingforBB

Looking for advice on seating. I was in Block F row 8 last time and had a great view, we were on the aisle so junior could lean out when the kids in front stood up.
    We are looking at similar seats again or else ringside (B or D, mid row, E or so). What do you recommend for 2 adults and 2 10 year olds. View is good where we were, but the kids would get a buzz from the ringside interaction (as long as the view isnt impared.

Appreciate your advice

• Registered Users Posts: 33 eskanw

I'm heading to Dublin for the WWE on Nov 7th with my 10 year old son, This will be my 1st event so am on a crash course learning about WWE ( I have a great 10 yr old teacher) My son was at an event a couple of years ago in Manchester with cousins and they had all made signs but they were told they were too big and they got taken off them, they were slightly bigger than A2. My son is mad to make a sign for next week are there rules about the size that he will get away with?
    Also he has asked if we can go the the O2 early to try and get autographs or photos, is it worth hanging around outside there? I don't mind as it's his birthday so would love it to be special for him. Doors open at 6 but how long before the event starts would the wrestlers get there? And I pressume there is a special entrance where they will arrive? bearing in mind we are travelling form Clare and have to check into a hotel somewhere in Dublin too (any recommendations on handy hotels to the 02? Its a big day out coming all the way to Dublin :-) Thankyou for taking the time to read and I would really appreciate ANY advise as I am a real Novice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,956 ✭✭✭Liamalone

No word on the signings at Smyths yet folks? Heading to the Belfast show here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eskanw wrote: »
    I'm heading to Dublin for the WWE on Nov 7th with my 10 year old son, This will be my 1st event so am on a crash course learning about WWE ( I have a great 10 yr old teacher) My son was at an event a couple of years ago in Manchester with cousins and they had all made signs but they were told they were too big and they got taken off them, they were slightly bigger than A2. My son is mad to make a sign for next week are there rules about the size that he will get away with?
    Also he has asked if we can go the the O2 early to try and get autographs or photos, is it worth hanging around outside there? I don't mind as it's his birthday so would love it to be special for him. Doors open at 6 but how long before the event starts would the wrestlers get there? And I pressume there is a special entrance where they will arrive? bearing in mind we are travelling form Clare and have to check into a hotel somewhere in Dublin too (any recommendations on handy hotels to the 02? Its a big day out coming all the way to Dublin :-) Thankyou for taking the time to read and I would really appreciate ANY advise as I am a real Novice!!!

The handiest hotel is the Gibson as its 10 seconds walk from the 02. Lovely hotel but expensive at maybe 100 a night. Cant help with the other questions though

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

eskanw wrote: »

Don't think I've ever seen signs taken off people in the O2, but please, PLEASE be considerate to the people sitting behind your kid. It freaks me when I get sitting behind someone who blocks your view for most of the night. I get why your kid wants to make the sign and I have no problem if kids do it at certain points or for a few moments, but remember the people behind you paid for their ticket too, so be considerate there...

Also he has asked if we can go the the O2 early to try and get autographs or photos, is it worth hanging around outside there? I don't mind as it's his birthday so would love it to be special for him. Doors open at 6 but how long before the event starts would the wrestlers get there? And I pressume there is a special entrance where they will arrive? bearing in mind we are travelling form Clare and have to check into a hotel somewhere in Dublin too (any recommendations on handy hotels to the 02? Its a big day out coming all the way to Dublin :-)!

I don't think you'll get a sniff of the wrestlers at the arena; their bus gets taken to an entrance away from the public so you probably won't get to see them there, let alone get pictures or an autograph.

Sometimes they stay at a nearby hotel and there's gangs of people who'll wait outside the hotel, hoping for something between the hotel doors and the bus, but even then, a lot of the wrestlers just walk by people, at most giving a handshake or a high five. Some might take the odd picture or the odd autograph, but you shouldn't promise anything there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Ibis hotel right beside the Red Cow Luas stop would be cheap and cheerful if you aren't fussed about staying in a hotel in the City Centre.€40-49 a night.

You can get the Luas from there directly to the 02 (about a 40 min journey).My country relations usually stay there whenever they are heading to something in the 02.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,093 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Seeing as there is a VIP Ticket deal this time around will there even be a signing in Smyths or will only those that got VIP tickets get to meet someone, also FUFUFUFU @ No Goldust, man he is a legend.

Advertisement