Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animal Crossing New Horizons (Player list in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Noob Turnip question folks. Is it advisable to buy all you can on Sunday. I've just blown 100k bells on turnips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

skerry wrote: »
    Noob Turnip question folks. Is it advisable to buy all you can on Sunday. I've just blown 100k bells on turnips :)

That's what most people did, find someone online then with a high turnip price and make millions

• Registered Users Posts: 10,155 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Have you seen the turnip tracker websites? Use them as a guide

This forum used to be very lively offering high prices each week but it’s not guaranteed now

I rarely got a chance to buy in time myself!

Dodge wrote: »
    Have you seen the turnip tracker websites? Use them as a guide

This forum used to be very lively offering high prices each week but it’s not guaranteed now

I rarely got a chance to buy in time myself!

I was lurking with interest here at the start at all the turnip talk and found it quite amusing. Bought for 102 which I don't even know if its a great price but will keep an eye on prices on my island during the week. Figured worst case I'll lose half or something, I havent really been watching the prices last week cos this is the first Sunday I can buy them. I earned most of the 100k I spent yesterday so at least bells aren't too hard to come by

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭BonsaiKitten

I was lurking with interest here at the start at all the turnip talk and found it quite amusing. Bought for 102 which I don't even know if its a great price but will keep an eye on prices on my island during the week. Figured worst case I'll lose half or something, I havent really been watching the prices last week cos this is the first Sunday I can buy them. I earned most of the 100k I spent yesterday so at least bells aren't too hard to come by

Go onto NoFeeAC on Reddit, people are always posting their high turnip prices there. If you have online you can sell on their islands.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

Moved my campsite, up on a double height cliff. Built one incline yesterday up to it and went to build another today but Tom Nook says 8 inclines is enough for one island???!!!

Bells21 wrote: »
    Moved my campsite, up on a double height cliff. Built one incline yesterday up to it and went to build another today but Tom Nook says 8 inclines is enough for one island???!!!

Yeah, it's a pisser. We had to change some plans. Same with bridges too. Max of 8

Ok folks. Meteor shower on our island. I’ll be on for about an hour. Bring a ladder if you want to talk to Celeste (for the Scorpio recipe?)

Dodo code is DXP9B

All are welcome

Forecast of shooting stars tonight on my island. Will post later when I open up once they've started.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭holly_johnson

Shooting stars here tonight and Celeste is here. Gates open if you want to pop over.
    Still on the hunt for a blue rose, so watering appreciated!

Btw I’m loving the Halloween hats all the NPCs are wearing!

• Advertisement

I've opened up there now if anyone wants to wish on a few stars. There's a few spare diys over by the Halloween area too, please help yourself. Haven't come across celeste yet.

Few days behind so I've Redd on my island today, has a real dynamic painting and familiar statue, and fake quaint painting if anyone's interested?

Just realised today is Halloween and have been harvesting pumpkins but haven't crafted a huge amount from them apart from some lanterns and scarecrows. Are they worthless after today. Also went to make candy set and only realised I can only buy one candy a day from the shop and their not available after today.

For folks that are well advanced, did ye do a lot of re locating on your island before getting it right. Not sure with how happy I am with how mine is laid out at the moment. Have most houses around residential services and getting a bit crowded now. Also at the stage where I need to make a few more bridges (only have one now) and start making inclines but not sure if I should buy cheaper ones first or just get the ones I really want instead.

I've been logging on every day for about 2 weeks. Usually do the standard daily stuff and by the time I do all that there isn't much time to think about enhancing the island. Am I Animal Crossing wrong? Thinking I should just get into some crazy debt and start getting the place they way I want it and put more thought into it instead of my current random approach.

You can’t really get into crazy debt as you’ve to pay each loan off before the next

There’s no right or wrong way to animal crossing

There’s 3 on our island (little one, Mrs dodge and me). We went haphazard at the start but looking at other islands and YouTube etc we started to plan it properly

Spent a few weeks moving all the other houses to a ‘residential quarter’. We have all the shops together. We have an orchard and some others bits on the other side. I live near the beach and the other two live at the back

What I’m saying is that you can play around with your design as much as you like. That was easily the most fun part for me and my wife. We’ve only really tinkered with the design over the last couple of months (we had a spa/pool area that became a fireworks viewing platform that is now a halloween party space for example)

Edit: if you’re short on bells, prioritise the island over expanding your house. Soon you’ll have millions of bells and nothing to spend them on...

Dodge wrote: »
    You can’t really get into crazy debt as you’ve to pay each loan off before the next

There’s no right or wrong way to animal crossing

There’s 3 on our island (little one, Mrs dodge and me). We went haphazard at the start but looking at other islands and YouTube etc we started to plan it properly

Spent a few weeks moving all the other houses to a ‘residential quarter’. We have all the shops together. We have an orchard and some others bits on the other side. I live near the beach and the other two live at the back

What I’m saying is that you can play around with your design as much as you like. That was easily the most fun part for me and my wife. We’ve only really tinkered with the design over the last couple of months (we had a spa/pool area that became a fireworks viewing platform that is now a halloween party space for example)

I knew I had to pay home loan before another expansion but I thought I was able to make bridges and inclines at the same time. Best get paying off that 500k bells so.

I'm only 2 weeks in and enjoy logging on and doing the daily stuff but think I need to mix it up and spend some time on layout etc. Might look online for inspiration.

Shops and houses are pretty much close together but could do with a bit more order. Residential quarter like you mentioned might be something to get started on before I get more villagers in. I picked the island layout with most of the land in the middle and its surrounded on all sides by a river that curves around it. Kind of regretting not going for a different layout at start now, or maybe I just need more bridges to make it flow better and more accessible.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭tbahh

RedRochey wrote: »
    Few days behind so I've Redd on my island today, has a real dynamic painting and familiar statue, and fake quaint painting if anyone's interested?

If you're still a few days behind, would like to pop over for familiar statue!

tbahh wrote: »
    If you're still a few days behind, would like to pop over for familiar statue!

ya I'll open up in a few minutes

I've spare real quaint and academic paintings as well if anyone wants to trade?

Have fake Ancient and Mystic statues and fake Amazing, Jolly, Moving, Quaint, Scenic and Serene paintings as well if anyone wants any?

ya I'll open up in a few minutes

I've spare real quaint and academic paintings as well if anyone wants to trade?

Have fake Ancient and Mystic statues and fake Amazing, Jolly, Moving, Quaint, Scenic and Serene paintings as well if anyone wants any?

Thanks!

I've got a real wistful painting if you're in need of it!

Thanks!

I've got a real wistful painting if you're in need of it!

****e sorry, I had actually moved to the next day and thought if I travelled back it would the same paintings but they've changed :(

And I'm just after buying a real wistful painting off him now :D

There's a fake Graceful and Serene Paintings and a fake ancient statue here

• Advertisement

****e sorry, I had actually moved to the next day and thought if I travelled back it would the same paintings but they've changed :(

And I'm just after buying a real wistful painting off him now :D

There's a fake Graceful and Serene Paintings and a fake ancient statue here

No worries, all good!

Anyone interested in trick or treating on other people's islands? I'll open mine, if so!

Anyone interested in trick or treating on other people's islands? I'll open mine, if so!

I'd love to visit. Can return the favour after if you'd like :)

Bells21 wrote: »
    I'd love to visit. Can return the favour after if you'd like :)

Cool, will open in 2 minutes. You'd better bring candy as my villagers have gone wild with sugar and ready to insult anyone who gets in their way!

EDIT: Open! I may be away from Switch but feel free to call over! :D

I'm open if anyone wants to drop by to trick or Treat!

Playing with the family here. My only tip is to at least once, don’t give Jack a candy. say no...

Edit - the same happens when you say no to anyone

Pretty sure I got all the items and recipes, I thought it was going to be a lot harder

What do I do with 100s of pumpkins now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

The Halloween event was really fun I thought! Villagers were so cute in all their costumes. Shame we only got some of the furniture last night though. I feel pretty ready to put away all the Halloween stuff now!

The Halloween event was really fun I thought! Villagers were so cute in all their costumes. Shame we only got some of the furniture last night though. I feel pretty ready to put away all the Halloween stuff now!

Ya that's the problem with Halloween, it's really only one night and then it's over, compared to Xmas that lasts for months :D

I'm going to try and just turn all the pumpkins around so you can't see the faces, might make them feel more autumnal

• Advertisement

Enjoyed the Halloween event too. I only realised yesterday you can only buy one candy a day so thought I'd be locked out of the Jack thing but the game is pretty generous and villagers hooked me up for the most part. Have a load of pumpkins in my storage and a plot outside the house so will probably sell them and dig up plot now.

Advertisement