Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S20

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,639 ✭✭✭corks finest

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Yes it was these ads I was referring to, so all is good with them from your experience?

From a reseller here locally that I worked for at the time I bought mine, no some are awful, but most are fine, I read all reviews before purchasing, length of time they were selling on adverts etc and then purchased, anyone with more than 5/6 negative reviews I left there,,,,
    I can recommend a polish guy who sells on adverts etc, who I purchased from last year, he's all positive reviews, my brother was working in Dublin, met him there, checked him out - all good
    I'll pm u his number if u want

Yes it was these ads I was referring to, so all is good with them from your experience?

Pm sent with details etc of a guy I brought off of last Christmas

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Can you forward on same for me, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Me too please if you don't mind

Sully wrote: »
    Can you forward on same for me, please!

Done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

The S21 is most likely getting announced on Thursday so that should bring prices down a bit more on the S20.

Me too please if you don't mind

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

yabadabado wrote: »
    The S21 is most likely getting announced on Thursday so that should bring prices down a bit more on the S20.

Yes waiting for that, also supposed to be some kind of exynos event today?

phill106 wrote: »
    Yes waiting for that, also supposed to be some kind of exynos event today?

Overpriced anyway, nice bit of kit but personally I couldn't justify the prices for myself, even getting my kid the S20 plus for e635 was way too much

• Registered Users Posts: 37,902 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Time for an upgrade from my Samsung S10 but worried about the price of the Samsung s21. Even on bill pay it will be expensive

Suppose the freebies do be good and more than likely they will give them only with the most expensive model

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

These adverts shops selling the phones cheap- anybody else have experience with them and or thoughts?

Dual sim s20+ is tempting

Bought 5 or 6 high end Samsungs and a few other cheaper ones from a seller on adverts and all good so far 3 in my immediate family so I'd hear if there was any issues. No IMEI issues with any of them and the ones i had myself were used in a few different countries. I used to get a lot of Dual sim phones from these lads when nobody else had them, all foreign models but worked 100%

Aren't all the S20's dual sim?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Asides from one of them threatening me to come to his shop face to face to see what happens after he was annoyed that I found a phone elsewhere (the pakistani ship on mary street) my other dealings with these shops have been fine and the phones never had an issue. I couldn't imagine them being in any way helpful if something did go wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Prices on S20+ and S20 FE 5G on Three went down overnight. Picked one up with an upgrade this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

Prices on S20+ and S20 FE 5G on Three went down overnight. Picked one up with an upgrade this morning

Presume these are locked, 619 euro for the 5g edition on three looks interesting, any good places or sellers on ebay for unlock codes the fe edition?

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭username?!

The S20 FE 5G is some phone for the money. Hard to really see why you would spend the extra money on an S20, S20+ or Ultra. I previously had a S20 Ultra, sold that for a Galaxy Fold 2 and I've found myself back in a S20 FE 5G and couldn't be happier. The Snapdragon chip is night and day with Exynos regarding image processing, battery, heat and obviously performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 morchgally

Anyone bought a phone recently off eGlobal? Seen they have the s20 FE for €509 (Link below) and wondered if this would be a good place to buy/avoid new UK expenses without too much of a wait time? Reviews seem good.

Thanks

Link to eGlobal S20 FE 5G

morchgally wrote: »
    Anyone bought a phone recently off eGlobal? Seen they have the s20 FE for €509 (Link below) and wondered if this would be a good place to buy/avoid new UK expenses without too much of a wait time? Reviews seem good.

Thanks

Link to eGlobal S20 FE 5G

Run ref eglobal is my advice, don't fulfill lots of orders, communication is awfully bad, take your money without having items in stock etc, only my personal opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 43 morchgally

Run ref eglobal is my advice, don't fulfill lots of orders, communication is awfully bad, take your money without having items in stock etc, only my personal opinion

OK thanks for the heads up! Saved me some headaches there it sounds like. I will wait for the price of the S20 FE to go down in some of the more reputable retailers.

morchgally wrote: »
    OK thanks for the heads up! Saved me some headaches there it sounds like. I will wait for the price of the S20 FE to go down in some of the more reputable retailers.

Most ppl have an ok experience with eglobal but a lot haven't

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Picked this up the other day for work, i'm finding the battery terrible. Needs a second charge at about 4pm to get me through to rest of evening/night.

Have a Huawei P20 for personal use, which is 2 years old, and the battery holds an awful lot better, almost 50% better when i did a comparable usage test.

Is this common, or known issue? I've not had a Samsung in years but never noticed battery performance this poor.

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    Picked this up the other day for work, i'm finding the battery terrible. Needs a second charge at about 4pm to get me through to rest of evening/night.

Have a Huawei P20 for personal use, which is 2 years old, and the battery holds an awful lot better, almost 50% better when i did a comparable usage test.

Is this common, or known issue? I've not had a Samsung in years but never noticed battery performance this poor.

Asked my kid ref his S20 plus battery, he gets a day out of it up to evening time

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭grounderfill

Hi Slattsy, I was considering getting the S20 FE 4G til I read your review. I found someone else posting recently that the battery is very poor and they felt they had downgraded their phone. Am put off now...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Hi Slattsy, I was considering getting the S20 FE 4G til I read your review. I found someone else posting recently that the battery is very poor and they felt they had downgraded their phone. Am put off now...

Yeah it's rubbish. Avoid.

Yeah it's rubbish. Avoid.

Rapid charge though?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭grounderfill

Was considering the S21 also but similarly the reviews are also not good...Currently have the S7 edge and must say the charge ds pretty well. Screen is smashed and have the pink line going down the right hand side of screen.
    Not sure what model to go for...Have always gone samsung.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Was considering the S21 also but similarly the reviews are also not good...Currently have the S7 edge and must say the charge ds pretty well. Screen is smashed and have the pink line going down the right hand side of screen.
    Not sure what model to go for...Have always gone samsung.

I like the look of the new Sony Xperia 1 ||

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭DavidJC

I upgraded from S7 Edge to S20 last year.
    The battery is disappointing.. it feels like it lasts less than the s7..

Also a recent software update has slowed it down. Going through Instagram stories it really struggles to transition from story to story. Does anyone notice this?
    I remember the s4 I think it was that I had some years ago (?) was destroyed by a software update also and many others had issues. Seems Samsung do this to every phone.

If you are expecting an improvement on the S7 Edge you might be disappointed. At least it comes with a rapid charger (for the sake of chucking all your micro usb cables).

Advertisement