Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S20

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Just got the One UI 3 Upgrade (Android 11) on my S20+(Vodafone)

Security Patch 1st December

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Mr Velo wrote: »

Just coming to post the same. Factory bought S20 Ultra.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Looking at this phone and note 10 plus,is the s20+ a good phone , nice handling etc ,any issues there’s one on adverts new for e699 I’m just wondering is it as good as the guys reviewing it on you tube etc say, any input most welcome, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Lads how do I hide the front camera (black dot) again?
    Updated to android 11 and can't seem to find the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Redzer7 wrote: »

Does it really annoy you? I can't say I ever took notice of it. It's tiny :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Looking at this phone and note 10 plus,is the s20+ a good phone , nice handling etc ,any issues there’s one on adverts new for e699 I’m just wondering is it as good as the guys reviewing it on you tube etc say, any input most welcome, thanks

It's a great phone. Absolutely love it. Exynos chip and all. Battery life may not be as good as the SnapDragon variant but I'm always close to a charger (if i need it) so it doesn't bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Redzer7 wrote: »

I think I read somewhere it was removed with Android 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭mightyreds

BatMaths wrote: »
    Anyone here order the S20+ 5g from eglobal for 630? All it says is G986 model, can't tell if it's Snapdragon or exynos, it can be either depending on whatever letters after. Just wondering as I ordered it today and hoping it might be snapdragon, thanks

I did the same I haven't looked for a refund yet but will give them maybe till Monday and go back to paypal to start

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BatMaths

mightyreds wrote: »
    I did the same I haven't looked for a refund yet but will give them maybe till Monday and go back to paypal to start

mine is with gls in the uk now, ordered on 18th november, awfully slow. It's been in the uk since last week, I'm going crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭mightyreds

BatMaths wrote: »
    mine is with gls in the uk now, ordered on 18th november, awfully slow. It's been in the uk since last week, I'm going crazy.

Good to hear they actually got it to GLS anyway, I wasn't expecting that.

I ordered the 22nd so might get mine this side of Christmas or I could have missed the batch yours was in and be waiting another while.

• Advertisement

It's a great phone. Absolutely love it. Exynos chip and all. Battery life may not be as good as the SnapDragon variant but I'm always close to a charger (if i need it) so it doesn't bother me.

Thanks ,ordered one from Adverts.ie via PayPal ( family and friends)
    I made a balls of the family and friends part so vendor reimbursed me but it takes a while to seee it in in the bank account, so gave to wait until then to reorder it( e639 ) hope there’s a few left by the time I reorder

Great news

Thanks ,ordered one from Adverts.ie via PayPal ( family and friends)
    I made a balls of the family and friends part so vendor reimbursed me but it takes a while to seee it in in the bank account, so gave to wait until then to reorder it( e639 ) hope there’s a few left by the time I reorder

Update to this was able to purchase an hour back
    e 639 inc postage Adverts.ie, pm if anyone wants information etc about seller ,got e10 off and after negotiations he also threw free postage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Just installed the One UI 3.0, Android 11 update.

I had been using Nice Lock to change the pull down menu colour from the standard blue to red, this now appears to be gone and I can't seem to see another way to change it from that ugly blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

Testament1 wrote: »
    Just installed the One UI 3.0, Android 11 update.

I had been using Nice Lock to change the pull down menu colour from the standard blue to red, this now appears to be gone and I can't seem to see another way to change it from that ugly blue.

Dont you love it when upgrades go backwards? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Seems to be a good few on Adverts for E619 from phone shops in Dublin city center. Are these a good deal or best to be avoided? Any other recommendations where to buy for around this price would be really appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Blowheads

Do any of ye have issues with chrome freezing regularly on S20?
    Any cure?

aaronm13 wrote: »
    Seems to be a good few on Adverts for E619 from phone shops in Dublin city center. Are these a good deal or best to be avoided? Any other recommendations where to buy for around this price would be really appreciated.

Bought one on adverts 20+ e635 plus free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 48 EVanB

Considering getting an S20 on upgrade from Vodafone. Works out at 300 quid. Would I better off waiting for the S21? Past experience suggests the tight ***** wont drop the price that quickly and I need a new phone as I ****ed my old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Blowheads wrote: »
    Do any of ye have issues with chrome freezing regularly on S20?
    Any cure?

I wouldn't say it regularly happening to me but noticed it a bit the last few weeks .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

How many people on here have had the back camera lens break for no reason?

It happened to me when the phone was in my pocket with nothing else in there.

A perfect circular hole right at the lens.

It seems to be a common issue but Samsung are not admitting any fault.

j14 wrote: »
    How many people on here have had the back camera lens break for no reason?

It happened to me when the phone was in my pocket with nothing else in there.

A perfect circular hole right at the lens.

It seems to be a common issue but Samsung are not admitting any fault.

FFS is this common? Even with a screen protector and case, ffs just bought a 29 plus recently for the smallie

FFS is this common? Even with a screen protector and case, ffs just bought a 29 plus recently for the smallie

Here's a link to the forum discussing it.
    Over 60 pages but nothing wrong with the phone according to Samsung.

I had to get mine fixed and pay for it myself.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/S20-Ultra-camera-crack/td-p/1293184

Here's a link to the forum discussing it.
    Over 60 pages but nothing wrong with the phone according to Samsung.

I had to get mine fixed and pay for it myself.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/S20-Ultra-camera-crack/td-p/1293184

Thanks,,,,,,, was it expensive to fix,,,

Thanks,,,,,,, was it expensive to fix,,,

€60 to replace the lens cover but there is still dust inside the new lens cover.
    The repair shop have advised the next repair will be €120 and they would replace the entire back glass.

€60 to replace the lens cover but there is still dust inside the new lens cover.
    The repair shop have advised the next repair will be €120 and they would replace the entire back glass.

That's unlucky boy, only thing probably won't repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Bought one on adverts 20+ e635 plus free delivery

These adverts shops selling the phones cheap- anybody else have experience with them and or thoughts?

Dual sim s20+ is tempting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    These adverts shops selling the phones cheap- anybody else have experience with them and or thoughts?

Dual sim s20+ is tempting

I be interested in this also, on the lookout for a new phone and tempted by some on adverts but always feel more conformable buying something this expensive from a regular store

I be interested in this also, on the lookout for a new phone and tempted by some on adverts but always feel more conformable buying something this expensive from a regular store

Some of those adverts chaps have bricks n mortar shops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Some of those adverts chaps have bricks n mortar shops

Yes it was these ads I was referring to, so all is good with them from your experience?

Advertisement