Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Eglobal seems a lot cheaper, if you don't mind waiting a month for delivery. I received my S20+ last week after waiting a month, for €595.

Is that the snapdragon version?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Is that the snapdragon version?
    Nope, dual-sim Exynos. Based on the research I did, the only way to get a SnapDragon chipset is to order a product targeted at US/Canadian carriers, Hong Kong or South Korean markets. Europe gets Exynos. I think the 5G models may be SnapDragon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,500 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

JH_raheny wrote: »
    Do you need to launch DeX via the pull down quick tiles now maybe, I know that the S20 series just got OneUI 2.5
    Thanks. Didn't have the DeX tile until I got the update yesterday. Working fine now for DeX over Wifi, but still not working over HDMI. I think it may be a adapter issue (Samsung doesn't seem to like my Apple multiport adapter :), though it works fine with the old S8). When I connect a USB-C power connector to the multiport adapter, it seems to detect the name of the television, but can't connect. Not sure if it's really worth investing in a Samsung DeX cable, or adapter, as it's hard to see these behaving any differently. DeX over PC is silky smooth, though I can't really think of a use case for it,as it requires a USB cab;e connection, and you have to approve it on your phone each time it launches. I suppose you could play Android games on a laptop screen, but there's probably better ways to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

You know Samsung phones can do scrolling screenshots. No need to split it in two. See attachment:

Jesus thanks for that nugget of information.

bazzz wrote: »
    Jesus thanks for that nugget of information.

You're welcome Lol. This has been on Samsungs since at least the S7. You must have been living a life of misery doing screenshots like that.

• Advertisement

You're welcome Lol. I'm This has been on Samsungs since at least the S7. You must have been living a life of misery doing screenshots like that.

I've a feeling you like getting the last word in ( as seen in following post*rolleyes).Your pointless posts don't contribute anything. If I wanted to do it in one screenshot I would have. End of story.

Now back on topic.

Edit Again : Actually don't stay on topic, post whatever makes you feel good;)

I've a feeling you like getting the last word in. Stay on topic, your pointless posts don't contribute anything. If I wanted to do it in one screenshot I would have. End of story.

Now back on topic.

Eh? Do you think you're a mod or something? Feck off and lighten up while you're at it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Leave out the attitude guys. If you have a problem with a post, use the report function and a mod will deal with it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Who has got the August update yet? I'm still waiting on Vodafone, firmware is up on Sammobile since 20 August.

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Who has got the August update yet? I'm still waiting on Vodafone, firmware is up on Sammobile since 20 August.

I'm on a factory bought S20 Ultra, I've had three updates since the end of july.
    Including the recent FW update I've posted about in the last page.
    I'd imagine there will be another update in the next week or two, to bump the August Security patch to the September.
    I could have sworn I've seen someone here on a Vodafone bought S20, that got
    the August Security patch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

Does anyone know if the S20 4G sold by Three Ireland is dual sim or not? Their website doesn't give any info if it is or not, and their web chat is useless.

Oh, and any idea if there are any promotions for free ear buds coming up soon? I need to buy an S20 from Three but I'll wait a few weeks if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭unhappyBB

Just got the OneUI 2.5 update on my Galaxy S20+. Has anyone had any issues with their update?
    I haven't had time to check it out fully yet but everything on my lock screen, clock, notifications, etc, are all grey. They used to be white and are now difficult to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭jones

unhappyBB wrote: »
    Just got the OneUI 2.5 update on my Galaxy S20+. Has anyone had any issues with their update?
    I haven't had time to check it out fully yet but everything on my lock screen, clock, notifications, etc, are all grey. They used to be white and are now difficult to see.

Weird no sign of the 2.5 update on my S20+ i got the recent big update a few days ago for the camera and wifi etc but that wasnt for 2.5 OneUI

unhappyBB wrote: »

The update possibly reset your lockscreen layout. You should be able to change it back to the way/colour it was previous to the update.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

i got the samsung s20+ ..great phone however when im on a call (with the speaker on) ..those on the other end are complaining of hearing an echo (of themselves) - anyone experience this ? any guidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Anyone get the September security patch yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

Mr Velo wrote: »

Yes I got it, s20+ on Eir network but purchased phone from Samsung.

Got it over the weekend, I'm on a factory bought S20 Ultra.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Has anyone had any problems with the camera shaking/blurry? I've googled it and seems a few have it but just wanted to see if anyone else here has/had that problem and have found a fix? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Anyone with a S20+from Vodafone get the September security patch yet?

• Advertisement

Got it over the weekend, I'm on a factory bought S20 Ultra.

I got another FW (with camera improvements) update last night and a second September security patch.
    That's two updates in a week. As I already mentioned, I'm on a factory bought S20 Ultra.

1jcdub wrote: »

No - still on 1 Aug 2020 Security Patch here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

I got another FW (with camera improvements) update last night and a second September security patch.
    That's two updates in a week. As I already mentioned, I'm on a factory bought S20 Ultra.

Anyone know what the camera improvements are.

Barr wrote: »
    Anyone know what the camera improvements are.

No they never really state the exact adjustments. So I'm not really noticing much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

Anyone get the free Samsung watch offer?

I bought my phone 4 days too early, and just missed it!

1jcdub wrote: »

New update released - got it yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

No they never really state the exact adjustments. So I'm not really noticing much.

Same here , I don't see any difference with the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

New update released - got it yesterday.
    Thanks for that. I got the September update yesterday as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

I've had the Exynos S20+ since launch, fairly happy with it except its not quite an all day battery.

Herself is upgrading now and is thinking of getting either a plus or an ultra herself. Ideally it'd be nice to get a Snapdragon variant.

Has anyone bought one recently? Don't see many on adverts and I know some people have used sites like eGlobal but with issues. Also, it has to be an Asian variant for Band 20 right?

• Advertisement

brainiac wrote: »
    I've had the Exynos S20+ since launch, fairly happy with it except its not quite an all day battery.

Herself is upgrading now and is thinking of getting either a plus or an ultra herself. Ideally it'd be nice to get a Snapdragon variant.

Has anyone bought one recently? Don't see many on adverts and I know some people have used sites like eGlobal but with issues. Also, it has to be an Asian variant for Band 20 right?

The new S20 FE 5G is Snapdragon variant.

Advertisement