Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,993 ✭✭✭Barr

rizzee wrote: »
    Sure.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184233722743

Just realised the logo is centred in the photos compared to the one I got (down the bottom). Can't complain at that price.

I'll chance one as a back up at that price .

I am on my 3rd case (in less than a month ) . Had an otterbox clear & symmetry - both not great so returned them to Amazon .

Got the defender intead -much better case. It also comes with a holster/belt clip( not sure if I'll ever use that tho )

I have ordered the whitestone glass protector

Looks simple enough to fit :pac: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭peterofthebr

Barr wrote: »
    I have ordered the whitestone glass protector

Looks simple enough to fit :pac: :eek:

there must have being a few lads from nasa involved in the design process..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

there must have being a few lads from nasa involved in the design process..

At over 60 quid a pop, there would bloody want to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,917 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

rizzee wrote:
    At over 60 quid a pop, there would bloody want to be!

I got this for the s10 last year and I felt ripped off. It will read your fingerprint but not as well as without the glass even with sensitivity set at highest. Sometimes had to try 3 & 4 times before it would read. The glass started lifting after a few months.

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I got this for the s10 last year and I felt ripped off. It will read your fingerprint but not as well as without the glass even with sensitivity set at highest. Sometimes had to try 3 & 4 times before it would read. The glass started lifting after a few months.

That’s disappointing to hear. The one for the S20 gets good reviews so hoping it will fair better.

How did you get on fitting it , did it work first time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Sure.

Just realised the logo is centred in the photos compared to the one I got (down the bottom). Can't complain at that price.

Looks good but that seller doesn't ship to Ireland? Tried PM too...no go

Pacifico wrote: »
    Looks good but that seller doesn't ship to Ireland? Tried PM too...no go

Definitely does unless the link I shared pasted wrong. Just copied from the ebay app. Delivered direct to my Irish address, didn't use pm.
    Here it is again, after clicking 'share this item'

Not sure why its co.uk though!!

Barr wrote:
    How did you get on fitting it , did it work first time.

It's pretty fool proof fitting it. Plenty of YouTube videos covering it. Worth a look before it arrives.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    It's pretty fool proof fitting it. Plenty of YouTube videos covering it. Worth a look before it arrives.

but if yoou drop your new phone and it lands on its side- you using this over a case?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Superfint

Really torn between getting my wife an S20+ or an S10+ as a replacement for her S8 which is now got pretty slow and always short of storage. Camera and Battery osy important for her really.

Any Advice from new S20+ owners welcomed. I am a little concerned with some feedback on the camera and battery life of the S20+ that is making me thing perhaps the S10+ would be better . Both similarly priced ,especially if i Got the 512G version of the S10+

Superfint wrote: »
    Really torn between getting my wife an S20+ or an S10+ as a replacement for her S8 which is now got pretty slow and always short of storage. Camera and Battery osy important for her really.

Any Advice from new S20+ owners welcomed. I am a little concerned with some feedback on the camera and battery life of the S20+ that is making me thing perhaps the S10+ would be better . Both similarly priced ,especially if i Got the 512G version of the S10+

What feedback on camera and battery?

What feedback on camera and battery?

I have read and seen in some reviews online that there was issues with the camera and focus in particular and the the battery life is poor in general, compared to the S10 range.

I have read and seen in some reviews online that there was issues with the camera and focus in particular and the the battery life is poor in general, compared to the S10 range.

OK I can't compare vs S10 range (well I had S10e for a few months but that's not a fair comparison to S20+), but the camera and video quality is amazing, no focus issues here and I'd get over a day battery on it, could get 1.5 if I really wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭1jcdub

Most of the focus issues have been fixed apart for when you use 3:4 64 MP mode. Personally my pixel 2xl had a better camera. I'm disappointed with the S20 plus, but I'm locked into a 2 year contract now.

Thanks for the replies lads.

One final question maybe someone can confirm , will the snapdragon/US/G9860 version work 100% here in Ireland? Seems to have less issues than the Exynos chip/version

but if yoou drop your new phone and it lands on its side- you using this over a case?

I don't use it at all now. It's overpriced rubbish imo. The glass started lifting after a short while and the glass cracked. I now use a genuine Samsung case where front & back are protected. You can answer calls without opening the cover of the case

Superfint wrote:
    One final question maybe someone can confirm , will the snapdragon/US/G9860 version work 100% here in Ireland? Seems to have less issues than the Exynos chip/version

I've seen questions like this before and I don't really understand them. I thought the days of phones not working in different countries were long gone. I'd be stunned if I paid 1.5k for a phone only to discover that it won't work if I take it away on holiday. US citizens would kick up a stink if their phone didn't work here in Ireland or anywhere in the eu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Anybody know where I can get the snapdragon version of the regular S20?

Anybody know where I can get the snapdragon version of the regular S20?

I first started looking for the snapdragon version & found this place .

Here it is for £687.

https://www.wondamobile.com/samsung-galaxy-s20-5g-dual-128-gb-g9810-lte-mobile-phone-sim-free-and-unlocked.html

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies lads.

The snapdragon version I've seen for sale all seem to be for the Korean market and they are fine to use. Not sure if the American one is different to that.

Barr wrote: »
    I first started looking for the snapdragon version & found this place .

Here it is for £687.

https://www.wondamobile.com/samsung-galaxy-s20-5g-dual-128-gb-g9810-lte-mobile-phone-sim-free-and-unlocked.html

seems good price, a litter more then eglobal - better reviews and delivery seems allot quicker

seems good price, a litter more then eglobal - better reviews and delivery seems allot quicker

When I researched them , they are a good option . It was hard to find a place selling the sd version at a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭td2008

td2008 wrote: »

Looks legit ... but I can't find any mention of Bluediode on the entire internet!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭td2008

Bludiode's European Transactions
    27, Old Gloucester Street,
    LONDON, WC1N 3AX,
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Company Number 12457526

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/12457526

Only established in Feb.
    Just looking at some of the reviews on their own site and a few people mentioned about having to pay customs which probably explains the price

I'm gonna get an S20 from Amazon Warehouse. They all have "small imperfection 0.5cm on the item" etc etc.

Has anybody bought a phone from the Amazon Warehouse? If the small imperfection turns out to be horrific, or even just a bit too imperfect for me, is the returns process easy?

I'm gonna get an S20 from Amazon Warehouse. They all have "small imperfection 0.5cm on the item" etc etc.

Has anybody bought a phone from the Amazon Warehouse? If the small imperfection turns out to be horrific, or even just a bit too imperfect for me, is the returns process easy?

How much? Do returns/insurance on a phone affect you?

If not, go for a brand new one on Adverts. Will be cheaper.

How much? Do returns/insurance on a phone affect you?

If not, go for a brand new one on Adverts. Will be cheaper.

€515. Over €150 cheaper than adverts. And with the peace of mind of it being from Amazon.

Found one without damage but with earphones missing. I have decent earphones already so will buy one of those 3.5mm to USBC adapters.

I never insure my phones. Maybe that's silly of me but there you go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 ndm123

€515. Over €150 cheaper than adverts. And with the peace of mind of it being from Amazon.

Found one without damage but with earphones missing. I have decent earphones already so will buy one of those 3.5mm to USBC adapters.

I never insure my phones. Maybe that's silly of me but there you go.

Where are you seeing this price? I can't see anything near that for an S20 on Amazon Warehouse? Thanks!

Advertisement