Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Snooker Championship 2021

Comments

From the few matches I've seen; Tian (amazingly - because he's winning) has probably put in a top three 'worst performance' so far... Joyce and Wakelin the other two... Higgins pretty gack too; but not as bad as Tian imo...

This game never ceases to surprise.... Might yet see something (frame called off) that could fall under the "never happened before" .... "not in a million years" etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

What's the craic with eurosports pundits all wearing the same shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 32 dubladdie

Just seen that, bit strange alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,384 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

On closer inspection they are different brands but very similar. Must be the fashion. Sure what would I know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Stephen Maguire looks like he's got bogged down unless he can turn things around he is heading home. Terrible roll caused him to foul green last frame and just can't get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Liang offering nothing really, way too easy for Robertson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Not much drama around tonight, barring maguire staging what looks an unlikely comeback on what he's shown so far. Could be in for a very early opening sunday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭B2021M

Colin Murray seems obsessed with Robertson. While he has had a good season nothing in his past suggests he is a favourite to win the tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,903 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

Very easy win for Robertson in the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

B2021M wrote: »
    Colin Murray seems obsessed with Robertson. While he has had a good season nothing in his past suggests he is a favourite to win the tournament.

TBF he's coming into the tournament in good form, he's also started well, granted Liang was awful...he's definitely a contender.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭dougm1970

when is jack lowaski v ali carter ?
    very interested to see lowaski

TBF he's coming into the tournament in good form, he's also started well, granted Liang was awful...he's definitely a contender.

Yes true...i didnt mean to sound flippant about it. I just feel he can be a bit moody which is a problem in long matches. I would question his shot selection at times too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,903 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

dougm1970 wrote: »
    when is jack lowaski v ali carter ?
    very interested to see lowaski

I think it's Tuesday morning

Robbo definitely a favourite but seen him charge through opening rounds only to come unstuck too many times in the past to get carried away with him. If he can stay positive and aggressive all the way through then he's a great chance, but once he lets an opponent grind him and starts withdrawing into his shell, as has happened so often here, he's very vulnerable. One semi final since 2010 is a really poor record, further he goes the more he seems to doubt himself. Fascinating really to see how he copes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭dougm1970

lowaski is 66/1 for outright winner with paddy power...from what i have seen of him thats a huge price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Robbo definitely a favourite but seen him charge through opening rounds only to come unstuck too many times in the past to get carried away with him. If he can stay positive and aggressive all the way through then he's a great chance, but once he lets an opponent grind him and starts withdrawing into his shell, as has happened so often here, he's very vulnerable. One semi final since 2010 is a really poor record, further he goes the more he seems to doubt himself. Fascinating really to see how he copes.

Agreed.

The QF v Selby last year a classic example.

He just seems to slow himself down when under pressure and loses rhythm.

Agreed.

The QF v Selby last year a classic example.

He just seems to slow himself down when under pressure and loses rhythm.

Exactly. Two years ago v higgins particularly stands out as he was playing really well ar the time and being talked of as a likely winner, much like now, but allowed higgins to do a number on him. To be fair, has spoken a lot this year of purposely avoiding being sucked into those negative type battles, but when you're under the cosh at the crucible, it can be all too tempting to lapse back into old ways. The only slight doubt I'd still have about him.

Yes i think this is the crux of it. In order to win at the Crucible you need to be able to come through tough, negative matches. It is very hard to win every round with fluid play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,900 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I just caught the end of that Jamie Jones v Maguire match.
    It was said he was banned and never would have thought he would be back in the crucible.

So I was wondering what he was banned for. And I looked it up.

It was failure to report that he had knowledge of an approach to fix a match.
    A match between Dott and David John (his friend) in October 2018, He was given on year ban for that.

Jones looks like he could be a bit of a dark horse. In 2012 (which I had forgotten about) - he had a great run in the World Championship. Reaching the QF.
    Apparently, he got seven Crucible centuries that year. Only Ronnie got more.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭FR01

dougm1970 wrote: »
    lowaski is 66/1 for outright winner with paddy power...from what i have seen of him thats a huge price

Give your money to charity - you’ll get more value for it !

3-1 to bingham and but for a missed simple blue, which may or may not have been a kick, it'd be 4-0 at mid session. If ding doesnt get down to it, could see this getting away from him fairly sharpish.

And kyren 1-3 down in the battle of the wilsons. Pot success just barely over 80%, not going to win a lot of matches at this level with that.

Ding starts to play and all of a sudden Bingham starts to miss one or two. Great match to watch and could well be a 10-9. Gary Wilson flying and you would think Kyren Wilson would need 2 out of the last three to have a chance this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭spurshero

That blue that ding potted into corner pocket makes a mockery of the whole tournament . It was nowhere near and still somehow ended up
    Going in .

spurshero wrote: »
    That blue that ding potted into corner pocket makes a mockery of the whole tournament . It was nowhere near and still somehow ended up
    Going in .

Are you suggesting the pockets are big ?

Great session of snooker that, best we've seen thus far. Sickener for bingham the way it ended but suspect there'll be a few more swings in this match before the finish. And like all the top players, kyren dug in and kept the damage to a minimum on the other table. Suspect we'll have a much later finish tonight than last night.

FR01 wrote: »
    Are you suggesting the pockets are big ?

What do You think !

Great session of snooker that, best we've seen thus far. Sickener for bingham the way it ended but suspect there'll be a few more swings in this match before the finish. And like all the top players, kyren dug in and kept the damage to a minimum on the other table. Suspect we'll have a much later finish tonight than last night.
    Scheduling was a joke last night . Second day of championship and no snooker at 830. Laughable .

• Advertisement

spurshero wrote: »
    What do You think !

I think we hear the same nonsense every year that the pockets are big !

Advertisement