Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World Snooker Championship 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Not watched a lot of it but highest break between maguire and jones is 51 after 9 frames. You'd expect a bit more from maguire at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

First century from Ronnie... tis about time he copped on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Genghis

Muppet Man wrote: »
    First century from Ronnie... tis about time he copped on.

Took him a while to warm up - in every sense - but now looks like 10-4 and out the door by 9.

On another day ronnie could have been quite vulnerable. Joyce just never up to the task. And last 2 frames from ronnie were sublime, a genuine flash of his A game.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭FR01

On another day ronnie could have been quite vulnerable. Joyce just never up to the task. And last 2 frames from ronnie were sublime, a genuine flash of his A game.

This lad Joyce is a far better player than what he’s showed today.

• Advertisement

FR01 wrote: »
    This lad Joyce is a far better player than what he’s showed today.

82% pot success, obviously way better than that, but 15 years a pro and only making his crucible debut, i think that tells a story really.

Sheriff Anthony Hamilton in the house, doing comms on eurosport. Not heard him before, sounds decent what i've heard so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭waynescales1

Gilbert 7-1 up, still playing on needing 3 snookers at 10:30pm. Call it a night Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Genghis

Decent march this morning on the red button between Yan Bingtao and Martin Gould. Both playing well but B2B centuries before the mid session interval has Yan leading 7-5 at a dangerous time. Could be a good watch after they return, albeit I will be away now from the TV for a couple of hours.

Yan seems to have his measure there now. Gould was in first in both of those last 2 frames with good chances, missed them both and set them up for Yan. Love to see gould fight back but cant be missing the sort of chances he's had this morning.

Another chance missed by gould, but that was pretty ruthless from Yan, well in control now. Recent form since masters not been great but Yan looking solid here it has to be said.

• Advertisement

Gould lives on!

Gould had another good chance there but terrible positional shot on the red. Unlucky to go in off all the same. It was a good match, yan has a very tough road ahead of him but definitely not to be taken lightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭tanko

Higgins and Tian is dour stuff, could take a while to finish.

^^^

It is at that alright.... Good chance for Tian here to go 2-1 up, and I hope he does

Nice cueing on the last black... :D Follows through and pots the white..

Bit of psychology maybe? "I've already got my century, and am relaxed/don't care."

Not looking like they'll get 9 frames played today. Higgins not settled at all, be interesting to see if tian can establish a clear lead.

Nice cueing on the last black... :D Follows through and pots the white..

Bit of psychology maybe? "I've already got my century, and am relaxed/don't care."

Not sure but remember when Alex used to do it quite regularly, though usually by sending the white round a few angles. Something about clearing the whole table i guess.

Higgins had two very tough reds to either middle, and missed them both; but there was value in going for them.... He left nothing for Tian, who then misses and leaves Higgins in...

He got lucky with John going in-off on blue off the pack. Tian should really capitalize here now, as chances may be less frequent come the next session.. Looking good though now..

Interval comes at a good time for higgins. That may well be the worst mini session of snooker he's played all season. Tian have to be thinking of an overnight lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

How he went from unplayable in the itv tournament a month ago to this. Goes to show how the mind/form can blow hot and cold in this game.

• Advertisement

Not over yet - colours a tad awkward here... Think he wanted to pot the black a couple of shots ago

What a frame that was, feels huge. Boys in the booth very hard on tian but i imagine much more difficult to think clearly when you're in that arena. Goes 4-1 ahead anyway. Can't believe that blue though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Tian played a terrible thin red when he took the yellow out last frame. Made me think they could have a 'worst shot of the championship' competition as well. Be a bit harsh on the lesser players but add another angle.

Not looking like they'll get 9 frames played today. Higgins not settled at all, be interesting to see if tian can establish a clear lead.

Ya should be on comms Joe :D

Hendry just mentioned same less than three minutes ago :pac:

Ya should be on comms Joe :D

Hendry just mentioned same less than three minutes ago :pac:

Not sure what the cut off point is but they'll be doing well to squeeze in 8 at this rate. Imagine they'll get the 8 in but no chance any more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭dougm1970

parrott saying there that this is last frame of this session

Not sure what the cut off point is but they'll be doing well to squeeze in 8 at this rate. Imagine they'll get the 8 in but no chance any more than that.

Think JP just said that this is the last one - probably as you were posting..

I think the cut off point is an hour before next session due to start so frame would have to start before 6pm. Higgins might get in here at 3-4 which would be ok for him, that could have got real ugly for him indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭dougm1970

what happens if theres a rerack ?....as i say that tian just freed a red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭waynescales1

The ref is gonna have to memorise where all the balls are and haul them off here, this is absolutely malogent stuff.

Advertisement