Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Snooker Championship 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,261 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I am watching Ding v Bingham 5-4. Bingham has an 'I mean business' manner about him.

Not cueing well though according to Dennis who has said it 3/4 times in the last minute.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Bingham looks like he has this frame anyway. He got a 60 break and broke down and got back in.

Made harder work of it than he should have.

5-5 each now. Has a feel of a 10-9?

I love watching Ding play. He is floating around the black spot now. Little touch shots he did a great one freeing up the pink. It looks like 6-5 Ding in about 4/5 reds time.

Bingham missed an short black and managed to knock a red instead and he and surprisingly got the 'ball run' as cueball was tight in with reds.

Ding 7-5 70 plus break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Ding certainly taken this match by the scruff of the neck anyway, not many better to watch when he's in full flow like this.

Of course i had to go and put the mockers on him.

Two of them (Ding and Bingham) miss easy shots one after another.
    Bingham has now got a plant and suddenly opened the frame up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭waynescales1

weemcd wrote: »
    That's the thing about Allen, when he gets firing he can build breaks as well as anyone in the game.

His patience will have to be tested at some point this week but he's a good shout for any competition he plays in if he's potting the way he has today.

Mark Allen just doesn’t have the consistency to win the WC. Capable of extreme highs but can’t sustain it over 2 weeks. Has made the QF just once in the last 10 years.

Ding 7-6 Bingham - a 90 break

• Advertisement

Interesting they have a mid session interval thing on about Ding stats opinions etc.

Most of the players say he is the best snooker player in the game technique wise. Murphy feels sympathy for the pressure from China. Ronnie (of course) was ruthless saying he has to do it in the Masters and the World Championships that is what he is judged on if he wants to be a great player.

I rate ding a lot higher than bingham but they're similar kind of players in the way they can go from sublime to ridiculous in the space of a few shots. I dont know is there a player who can rival ding for the magnitude of the gap between his best game and his worst. Still playing well enough to fancy he'll get job done here. But will remain the cliched enigma until cue packed away in its case for last time i fear.

Interesting they have a mid session interval thing on about Ding stats opinions etc.

Most of the players say he is the best snooker player in the game technique wise. Murphy feels sympathy for the pressure from China. Ronnie (of course) was ruthless saying he has to do it in the Masters and the World Championships that is what he is judged on if he wants to be a great player.

Dings a fascinating case, i can simply never fathom how a guy who moved to england at 17, not a word of the language, a major winner at 18, could not go on to be a major force in the game at the very top. Just cannot explain it. Take murphys point about pressure but he's 16 years in the uk now, i think he should be inured from all that expectation to some extent. I dont think its that great an excuse really.

Century for Bingham 7-7

• Registered Users Posts: 12,494 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Dings a fascinating case, i can simply never fathom how a guy who moved to england at 17, not a word of the language, a major winner at 18, could not go on to be a major force in the game at the very top. Just cannot explain it. Take murphys point about pressure but he's 16 years in the uk now, i think he should be inured from all that expectation to some extent. I dont think its that great an excuse really.

I just dont think he has the bottle for it to be honest. He doesnt have the killer instinct when the chips are down.

Edit - FFS he just missed the easiest black off the spot you'll ever see on frame ball.

If he loses this frame, well i just have no words really...

Ding blew that last frame black off spot (harder to miss) 60 on the board and Bingham match played him out of it.

Ding will be the author of his own downfall if he loses this match.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,082 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I wouldn't trust Ding to beat an egg. He's the perennial bottler.

Fabulous opening red. But will he capitalise?

Not fully checking pink spot was a rookie error, but got away with it.

• Advertisement

sligeach wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust Ding to beat an egg. He's the perennial bottler.

It is all the more annoying when you see the effortless snooker he plays. He basically does all the hard stuff well positional stuff, shot selection, technique etc.

Concentration and fight are nowhere near the same level.

You'd feel like shaking him at times.

He is trying to prove me wrong by stealing this frame.

Class Bingham escape there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Great red from ding from a poor safety from Bingham.

Thought double was the option there if he wanted to go for a pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭Sultan of Bling

Both players missing chances.

Agree with dom, very unlucky for ding to leave that. But Bingham snookers himself so still alive!

Yer man in the crowd shaking his head in absolute disgust at Bingham for snookering himself, gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Genghis

Very enjoyable match this Ding v Bingham. Some great play under pressure from both. I can't be sure its live on the BBC, but assuming it is, strange choice to pot the blue by Ding when he needs 2 snookers in any event.

Great stuff, frame of tournament so far. Some great shots, some really bad ones. Not often you'll see a pro miss the pocket by a foot but bingham was able to see the funny side of it.

• Advertisement

Bingham misses the long red but the cue ball buries itself in the bunch. He’s had one or two nice bits of luck along the way.

Advertisement